Author Topic: another 85 build - could it be taking any longer?  (Read 7251 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
probably just my eyes playing tricks on me but that spring looks bent  :headscratch:

are you going with a u-bolt flip? did you decide not to replace the knuckle studs and nuts? looks good otherwise
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
the U-bolt flip kit will not work unless he does hy-steer, or modifies it somehow, the bolts will hit the J-arm/drag link.  I'll post some pics of my 4runner in a few days,  I've got mine set up really low but flexy at the same time.
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
the U-bolt flip kit will not work unless he does hy-steer, or modifies it somehow, the bolts will hit the J-arm/drag link.  I'll post some pics of my 4runner in a few days,  I've got mine set up really low but flexy at the same time.
oh yeeeea. didnt notice the push pull junk  :cheese:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

tulsa_97sr5 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 25
  • Member since Nov '05
  • On jackstands
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input guys - there will be a phase 2 after I get it back on the road and drive/wheel it for a while.  The $$$ thing has pushed some stuff out of phase 1 unfortunately.
97 sr5, 4wd 4cyl 5spd - DD
85 sr5, rusty

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
uhm...you spent all that time cleaning and painting your knuckles and then put rusty, dirty steering stop bolts back on? :headscratch:

tulsa_97sr5 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 25
  • Member since Nov '05
  • On jackstands
    • View Profile
uhm...you spent all that time cleaning and painting your knuckles and then put rusty, dirty steering stop bolts back on? :headscratch:

Just one of those things, hadn't planned to but needed the stops to work while requilding the knuckles.  Threads are clean though   :gap:  :hammerhead:
97 sr5, 4wd 4cyl 5spd - DD
85 sr5, rusty

colsoncj

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 124
  • Male Posts: 101
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Need more money for more mods
    • View Profile
long time no see man!  I see your makin progress, albiet slow, but progress nonetheless!  We ought to get together sometime!  Id like to see the rig! 

Also since your in the neighborhood, check this out: http://www.yotatech.com/f147/

So any updates on the rig?  Got a backup wheelin vehicle?  Hows the 97?
87 4Runner, ProComp IFS lift, Chevy Rears, 4.88 w/ lockers Fr & Rr, plenty of goodies and creature comforts!