Author Topic: All Pro taking my photos for use on their web site.  (Read 10430 times)

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
That's just bugs me, I gota fix it....

There, much better.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
 :nonono:  :rofl2:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Chris, I've copied all pictures posted on Marlin Crawler so I can use them for my own personal use in the future.
Thanks for doing all the hard work!
Now I can sell similar products and just use your pics!
That'll save me loads of money. :thumbs:

:laugh:

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
I think I have an answer that explains how Sara could be telling the truth. They must have had me cloned. I used to work in the same office that Sara now works in. I'd guess we were even using the same chair. With a pair of tweezers  she must have carefully removed a hair from the seat. Assuming she sent it off to the lab right after my departure, they would have had two years to create the clone. Once completed the clones first job was to add the flange to the web site. Being a clone, Chris II would naturally think the same way I do and come up with exactly the same description text. Having the same desire for photography, the clone would also have pursued a similar camera and computer editing software needed to make the shadow.

The one problem with this theory is that. When working at AP my repeated requests for quality equipment were denied. I used only what I could personally afford to purchase. We had a motto at the shop. It was not until leaving AP and coming to work for Marlin that I was able to step up to pro-level equipment and software. Marlin immediately understood the need for quality equipment and the positive affect that would have on the web site and other marketing. So how was it that my clone was able to obtain the same exact equipment that I now have access to? I guess it's just a theory at this point.

I think she's right there

Quote from: MarlinCrawler
Drive flanges replace the manual locking hubs on 1979-1985 Pickup/4Runner solid front axles. Drive flanges keep the front axle locked at all times. Factory Toyota Part, bolts on with no modification. Can be drilled for additional dowels. Idea for trail only and competition rigs. Included end cap.

Quote from: allpro
Drive flanges replace the manual locking hubs on 1979-1985 Pickup/4Runner solid front axles. Drive flanges keep the front axle locked at all times. Factory Toyota Part, bolts on with no modification. Can be drilled for additional dowels. Ideal for trail only and competition rigs. Included end cap.

see the Ideal isn't written the same  :laugh:
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
It's all about quality from beginning to end. You got quality equipment at Marlin because Marlin thinks about quality in his products and how to display them in there best light........    hmmmm, wonder what they think about at AP?

:greengrin:

AP thinks about $$$
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Chris, I've copied all pictures posted on Marlin Crawler so I can use them for my own personal use in the future.
Thanks for doing all the hard work!
Now I can sell similar products and just use your pics!
That'll save me loads of money. :thumbs: 

:psss: sell everything for $4 below Marlin's price and you will clean up! Integrity or no integrity, people are only looking for the lowest price. :yupyup:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
:psss: sell everything for $4 below Marlin's price and you will clean up! Integrity or no integrity, people are only looking for the lowest price. :yupyup:

:reg: 'nuff said.

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile

Sounds like the Wal-Mart of the offroad biz with the emphasis on no integrity.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
:shhh: Shh, there is a guest :eye: :eye: viewing us. :moon:

:rofl:

......again!!!

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
Interesting article

Diane Cipollo
BellaOnline's HTML Editor

The Internet Is Becoming A Sophisticated Legal Environment

When the Internet first started people assumed that if something was up on the web it was free for all to use. However, as the Internet became more sophisticated so did the legal issues associated with the Internet such as copyright, trademarks, intellectually property, privacy, liability and more.

For example, I have had several of my readers email me asking how to use an image from another website on their own website. They ask me what codes to use to make an image from someone else's site appear on their own webpage. It's an easy thing to code and the owner of the image will probably not ever know that you are using his image. Many people see nothing wrong with this. BAD IDEA!! The creator of that image owns the copyright for that image. You need to get permission from this person to use his artwork on your website. The same is true for all those sound files, designer fonts and "free" clipart that are floating around the web. Someone created these sounds, fonts and clipart. He or she owns the copyright to them. On today's Internet you can no longer assume that just because something is published on the WWW you do not need to obtain permission to use it.

Another issue that is becoming extremely important is privacy and personal information such as email addresses. If you look at the bottom of any Bella webpage you will see a link to the BellaOnline's privacy policy page which explains in detail the care that Bella takes with the personal information you give us. If you collect personal information from your readers at your own website, you need to consider how you will handle that information to keep it safe.

I have also received several emails asking about linking to another website from your website. Because the functionality of the web is based on hyperlinks, it has been a common practice to link to other people's websites without asking for permission beforehand. This is increasingly becoming an important copyright issue. About 70% of the websites that I frequent have now added a special "link to us" webpage which describes the conditions by which they give permission for others to link to their site. If you wish to link to someone's site and this information is not posted, it is best to ask for permission. Also be especially careful if you use HTML frames on your website. Most people will not let you link to their site if you are using frames because the frames layout gives the impression that the linked webpage is actually part of your website.

I'm not a lawyer and I cannot give you legal advice. These are only a few issues that I have personally encountered from my readers. Depending on the nature of your own website, there are other legal issues that you need to consider. So where do you start when it comes to evaluating the legal issues for your own website? How do you find the answer to questions when you do not even know what questions to ask? There are several websites that can help you. Just go to your favorite search engine and type in "Internet Law" or something similar. The website that I have found extremely helpful belongs to Ivan Hoffman. His is an attorney specializing in Internet and Intellectual Property Law. His website contains a lot of articles which introduce and explain the legal issues that have become so important on the web today.

F Jon!

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998
A legal footing.
 http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf#search='Digital%20Millennium%20Copyright%20Act'

Better read up Jon!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
I think she's right there

see the Ideal isn't written the same :laugh:

thats funny...when this thread first came up, i checked out AP's site and the "idea" WAS the same...so its been changed since this thread came up. :haha:

Marketing [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
So my clone spells better than I do!

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 519
  • Member since Apr '04