Author Topic: Wedding Planning  (Read 10756 times)

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Wedding Planning
« on: Jul 31, 2005, 10:02:17 PM »
Who else had their spouse go nuts during the last 3 weeks of their wedding planning?  I swear my poor fiancee is going crazy dealing with her mom and mine  :screwy:

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Wedding Planning
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2005, 11:01:11 PM »
:therethere:

Congrats!!!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2005, 06:08:23 AM »
They all do! PROZAC!  :thumbs:  :yesnod:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2005, 01:42:40 PM »
Gonna need something stronger than prozac.  She's gone completely crazy!  The small details are killing both of us! I've gotta go to meetings with the DJ, the Officiant, The reception people, The tux people.....  It's Nuts!

Think she'll like the tux i picked out?  :eyebrow:
'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2005, 01:56:34 PM »
you wanna see her really freak out? wait till about 3 days before the wedding and tell her you dont think its gonna work out between you two, but that you can still be friends :suprised:
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2005, 02:49:07 PM by KYOTA »

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2005, 02:03:07 PM »
That should send her over the edge!

another idea. Tell her the band can't play that night, and you'll have to change your wedding date to the next day! She'll probably start twitching....

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
It will get worse before it gets better. awwww heck why lie to ya? it never going to get better. you're looking at the rest of your life in a nut shell. you just have to learn to set back and injoy the ride!

bye the way nice  :bling: :bling: suit! thought you where taller than that!  :laugh:

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »
I am taller than that...that lucky dude's job is to model tuxes... 

I showed her that picture and she started to cry...  She hit me when I told her I actually went with a traditional black penguin suit  :rofl2:

I already have her twitching by convincing her that there isn't any air conditioning at the place we're getting married.  She called 'em and DEMANDED to know why they wouldn't have AC.  She was a little pissed when they informed her that of course they have AC.  :haha:

It's a wonder she still wants to marry me at all...

Ryan

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »
As brainless so eloquently put it...it don't get much better. Only the circumstances change.

Enjoy.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2005, 04:34:32 PM »

I already have her twitching by convincing her that there isn't any air conditioning at the place we're getting married.  She called 'em and DEMANDED to know why they wouldn't have AC.  She was a little pissed when they informed her that of course they have AC.  :haha:

It's a wonder she still wants to marry me at all...

Ryan

YOU GO BOY! :clap2:  :clap:  :laugh:  show no mercy

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 01, 2005, 04:47:56 PM »
Having gotten married about 10 months ago, this is a perfect time to show mercy.  This is the final event that they have been planning since they were about 7.  My advise would be to tell your mom to be supportive and only express an opinion when asked.  The rehearsal dinner is for your parents to plan (traditionally) and the wedding belongs to the bride....you get the honeymoon.  My mom stayed in the shadows in the wedding planning and it went smoothly, my wife's mother took control and she stressed so much it caused my wife to stress a bit.

The bottom line is that if you parents are not paying for the wedding, they shouldn't really be involved in the decision making process, it really reduces the stress for everyone.  Just my  :twocents:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2005, 05:51:16 PM »
Dude, just do what she wants!  Trust me, I took too long showering on my wedding day, and I thought my wife was going to dig my grave personally!!  But!!  Once you say "I DO!" she will finally relax, and all will be well!  Unless, she's a control freak!!

So, how much are you in debt at this point?  My wife and I paid cash for everything!  But we went low key.  It also helped when you have friends that are a decorator, caterer, dress maker, photographer, a dj, and a best friend whose mom was a minister!  The only thing that went on visa was lodging!

A friend is still paying on his wedding, and he's divorced now, after 8 years!  So, good luck and have some fun.  You will stand back and just laugh at all the craziness!  :rofl2:   My wife an I still laugh about ours!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2005, 07:55:20 PM »
Luckily, our parents are insistent that they pick up the tab for the bulk of the expenses.  So far, the only cost outta pocket to me was the engagement and wedding ring.  (Which is why I bought a 92 F250 instead of the 02 I really wanted...damn expensive platinum rings)

WE get along fine and she sees *most* of the humor in my little pranks about the wedding.  Hopefully all will go well.  Just found out that her Uncle was all pissed off about us not going on a honeymoon (she starts grad school the monday after the wedding) and is sending us to Hawaii in December.  Boy THAT sucks, huh?  :eyebrow:

Gotta keep above water, the weddings on the 20th.  Thats only 18 days away  :yikes:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:07:59 AM »
That's cool!  It would have been nice if somebody could have picked up our tab, but it just makes my wife  and I stronger.  HAWAII!!  That's cool too!  Save up some money for that!    Do you know Dean Tyler @ marlin?  His wife is my wife's cousin, he had his wife convinced that after you get married, you have to have sex everynight!  Well, this worked only cause LaDawna was slightly nieve, and she caught on to his trick after about five or six months when her girlfriends clued her in!  You might want to try that!  I know my wife was way too smart, to even try it on her!!  Good Luck!  Keep the pranks coming! :beerchug:   

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #14 on: Aug 02, 2005, 10:27:04 AM »
This is the final event that they have been planning since they were about 7. 

You're right, most girls dream of this elaborate wedding and what colors they're gonna have, what dress they're gonna wear and what their cake is gonna look like.  I even know some that have been keeping a scrapbook of pictures clipped from magazines and stuff like that since they were very young.  This should be the most important day of both the bride and groom's lives..make the best of it!!!

And good luck! :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'll keep y'all posted.  I agree that this is the time to show some mercy, but it's just too easy and too much fun not too.  I tried to convince her that once we're married, she's gotta cook me dinner on the weeknights, or SHE has to pay for us to go out.  She claimed  :bull crap:  and promptly called her mom to verify.  Of course mom set her straight and even told her that I should do the cooking, since I won't make enough for her to be a houswife...  Thanks a million, mom...

Ryan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:27:42 PM »
You're right, most girls dream of this elaborate wedding and what colors they're gonna have, what dress they're gonna wear and what their cake is gonna look like. I even know some that have been keeping a scrapbook of pictures clipped from magazines and stuff like that since they were very young. This should be the most important day of both the bride and groom's lives..make the best of it!!!

And good luck! :thumbs:
It's true, I have never been one of them, really didn't care if I got married, but for most women, it is the singly most important (till they get past it and realize how unimportant it really should have been) time in their life. It's society's demand, this is the way is should be. This should be the most important focus.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
Just treat each other with the respect you would expect for yourself and keep a good sense of humor and all will be well.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:30:11 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'll keep y'all posted.  I agree that this is the time to show some mercy, but it's just too easy and too much fun not too.  I tried to convince her that once we're married, she's gotta cook me dinner on the weeknights, or SHE has to pay for us to go out.  She claimed  :bull crap:  and promptly called her mom to verify.  Of course mom set her straight and even told her that I should do the cooking, since I won't make enough for her to be a houswife...  Thanks a million, mom...

Ryan

just find something bland, and cook  it every night until she gets tired of it  :idea:

Yeah, I know, I'm gonna be in major trouble when I get married  :jail:  :rofl2:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2005, 08:23:31 PM »
dont worry BD...I'm in the doghouse so often, I built one big enough to stretch out in  :yesnod:

The dog gets pissed when I kick him out tho...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2005, 09:46:58 PM »
dont worry BD...I'm in the doghouse so often, I built one big enough to stretch out in  :yesnod:

The dog gets pissed when I kick him out tho...

he likes the A/C you put in huh?  Did you run cable out there, or do you have satellite?? :hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 03, 2005, 01:23:10 AM »
From the looks of your avatar BD I wouldnt want to kick that doggy out. Be good
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 03, 2005, 03:02:33 AM »
Yup,,weddings suck,,I got lucky though..my wife told me she would do EVERYTHING..Hell yea :beerchug:

all I had to do was get fitted for my tux,,and show up at the time and date agreed and stand on the blue x..basicly X marked the spot..It was that easy :yupyup:
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 03, 2005, 05:56:44 AM »
Yeah, mine started out that way too.  Then it turned into - "well, what do YOU think?"  as if my opinion mattered.  As somebody said- she had my opinion decided since she was like 7.  Oh well.  Just 16 more days

Ryan

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #24 on: Aug 03, 2005, 06:08:09 AM »
"well, what do YOU think?"  as if my opinion mattered. 
Ryan

next time she asks that just tell her "I think those jeans make your  :moon:  look fat! that will stop that  :bull crap:  rught now! and give you planty of quaity time in that big cumfy dog house you built!

reklund5 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 03, 2005, 08:39:59 PM »
But I was always told that it's the big fat ass that makes their ass look fat, not the jeans.  I'm confused :shake_head: 

I'm only kidding...don't anybody get offended

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 03, 2005, 10:07:01 PM »
Like that commercial,,

girl (does this dress make me look fat)

guy reading the news paper  (you betchya)

or the twix commercial with the black chick in the bright orange pants,,,  (does my butt look big in these pants)
guy stuffing his face with twix  (yyachhabeea sgudlkflh)  need a moment,,grab a twix..
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #27 on: Aug 04, 2005, 06:03:38 AM »
Better yet, as she gets to the alter you could lean over and say "gosh houny that wedding dress makes your butt look huge!"  :haha:  :tantrum:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 04, 2005, 11:27:29 AM »
Several words to always remember!! 
Yes Dear!
No Dear!
I'll take care of that right now Dear!
Put it on the list and number the order of importance Dear!
Does your feet hurt? May I rub them for you? 
Are your cramps bad?  Here I will rub your lower back for you?
I love you, even if you are bloated and PMSing!
Sure!  I will stop by the store and buy you maxi pads/tampons!  Do you need a jerk to go with that?

One other thing of importance;  Time away for women is when your at work, time away for guys is, after work with the guys tapping a few beers before going home!!  Women will prevent guys time away from happening!   

I love my wife with all my heart, but it's fun to see the reactions with these comments.  Hell, if ya in the doghouse, go for broke!!  My wife just started having this fear/phobia here recently.  I work swing, so with all the children being kidnapped, she all of sudden can't sleep until I get home and now she locks the doors and windows.  And she can't sleep if I fall asleep before her.  So, I've gotten to know the couch intimately!  And if I crawl into bed in the middle of the night, Oh my god!  She thinks somebody just broke in!  I've forgotten what it's like to sleep with my wife!  But all this is due to her hormones are getting back into normal after having our little girl!  Oh, that's another whole universe, every pregnancy is different!  GOOD LUCK?!   :rofl2:   You were forewarned!  Seriously, just have fun!! :biggthumpup:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Aug 04, 2005, 11:51:15 AM »
Who else had their spouse go nuts during the last 3 weeks of their wedding planning? I swear my poor fiancee is going crazy dealing with her mom and mine :screwy:

Ryan

I think we have all missed the actual question asked (intentional or not)...before I got married I didn't have a spouse and if I would have I would expect her to be nuts if I was planning another wedding.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved