Author Topic: posts? w.t.f.?  (Read 12488 times)

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
Re: posts? w.t.f.?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2005, 08:18:19 AM »
:nope: it depends on your TV viewing. Network television? Hell yeah! :beerchug: TV programming of satan.

Mine consists mostly of The History/Discovery Channels, HBO movies/series (Soprano's, Deadwood, Carnivale) and Simpsons/King of the Hill reruns when I get home from work and am making dinner. Oh, and Sex in the City reruns. and M*A*S*H.
 :disturbed:

You forgot Jimmy Neutron.  :thumbs:

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2005, 09:00:04 AM »
I have the second highest post count on this board.  Does it really matter?  nope.  I could have a 0 post count for all I care.  Id actually like to see there not be a post count shown.  That'd slow some people down a bit but not all.  I find posts of a ;) or another typical smilie only with maybe a good job etc. are annoying and useless.  If you have something to add them for the love of all things holy add it dont waste everyones time.

I disagree White Trash.  A simple "Looks good :thumbs:" ,:welcome: , "Sweet rig", is all about the members of this board supporting each other and giving them "props" (I'm not sure what that means but I think its a good thing :dunno:).  It's all about making "Newbees" feel welcome and allowing them to feel that they can ask a question.  It's almost like you want to Micro manage this board into "non-existence".  You are one of the most knowledgeable people on this board.  You have a good answer for almost any question asked.  Marlin should be giving his moderators and administrators the proper "rank" emblem to display or you should be able to choose one of your own.  No disrespect is intended. :twocents:

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2005, 10:39:56 AM »
  Marlin should be giving his moderators and administrators the proper "rank" emblem to display or you should be able to choose one of your own.  No disrespect is intended. :twocents:

We have it, notice the  :turtle: with the wings? thats a moderator and if your on the front page see how everyones usernames are different colors, the colors change with your post count and mods are in BLUE

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2005, 10:45:59 AM »
I would never micro manage this board out of existence it is my E-home.  This is the first place I come when I turn on my 'puter and its the last place I visit before shutting it down.  What I put out is opinion and its my opinion only.  Many times my opinions are rather radical and the exact opposite of PC but just because I feel a certain way about something doesnt mean it'll ever happen.  Remember Im just a moderator not an administrator. ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2005, 12:48:59 AM by WHITE_TRASH »
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2005, 11:08:04 AM »
  It's almost like you want to Micro manage this board into "non-existence". 

More like we are organizing and putting topics where they belong so when people are looking for tech they dont have to wade thru all the deadwood to get what they want. Its done, live with it everyone else seems to be doing fine with it.

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2005, 12:24:36 PM »
More like we are organizing and putting topics where they belong so when people are looking for tech they dont have to wade thru all the deadwood to get what they want. Its done, live with it everyone else seems to be doing fine with it.
What is it that I am suppose to live with and get over KYOTA?

KYOTA I agree organizing and topic sorting is happening all the time.  If I could make a suggestion for the search.  When doing a search allow the titles/subject to be searched also.

Organizing and placing topics is not micro managing KYOTA.  Telling someone that they shouldn't give a comment is micro managing.

I would never micro manage this board out of existence it is my E-home. This is the first place I come when I turn on my 'puter and its the last place I visit before shutting it down. What I put out is opinion and its my opinion only. Many times my opinions are rather radical and the exact opposite of PC but just because I feel a certain way about something doesnt mean it'll ever happen. Remember Im just a moderator not an administrator. ;)

I've notice you are here all the time WT...that is cool....if someone needs and answer, and they have been on this board any time at all, they know that they can get an answer and more than likely it will be from you :thumbs:  I'm sure there are many people who have you to thank for them getting there rig on the road again.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2005, 12:51:55 AM by WHITE_TRASH »

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2005, 03:24:41 PM »
when did I say you couldnt make a comment? can you show me?  you seem to be taking this whole post count thing pretty sensitively, there I gave you a turtle point :therethere:. And about the search, thread titles do come up as results of a search if what you typed in is part of the title.

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2005, 03:46:41 PM »
when did I say you couldnt make a comment? can you show me? you seem to be taking this whole post count thing pretty sensitively, there I gave you a turtle point :therethere:. And about the search, thread titles do come up as results of a search if what you typed in is part of the title.

My bad KYOTA it wasn't you that was talking about the comments it was WT and he just said it was a waste of time to check on a post if all that was written was "good job" or something short like that.  The "post count" is not a problem for me you can have them or cancel them I don't care.  My very first concerns were that a virus had gotten into the forum and was tearing things up.  The post count, birthdays and who knows what else.  Then I started reading that some of the members, 2 or 3 year members, where missing posts and so on.

The biggest part of all of this was that there was no notification of a change.  It was a surpise to everyone or known only to a few.   

Give me a chance to try the search again. ibb   

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #38 on: Jun 25, 2005, 04:15:56 PM »
The search doesn't high light the actual topic but it does do the RE: portion.  Good enough.  :dunno:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #39 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:05:26 PM »
My bad KYOTA it wasn't you that was talking about the comments it was WT and he just said it was a waste of time to check on a post if all that was written was "good job" or something short like that.  The "post count" is not a problem for me you can have them or cancel them I don't care.  My very first concerns were that a virus had gotten into the forum and was tearing things up.  The post count, birthdays and who knows what else.  Then I started reading that some of the members, 2 or 3 year members, where missing posts and so on.

The biggest part of all of this was that there was no notification of a change.  It was a surpise to everyone or known only to a few.   

Give me a chance to try the search again. ibb   

I saw this coming for a long time, because of the word association thread. Even the picture war threads didn't generate as many posts as it did. You can tell who was the post whores that were only posting in those threads moved here for their post counts since now that they don't count they don't post on them anymore. I am either on the mcbb or the board for my club for the most part, it can get real boring at work and if I didn't participate in even just the word association I'd get altzimers from lack of brain activity. If this was a tech only bb it would be empty except for those seeking information and then like what has happened with me when I open a thread where someone has a question and I've been down that road, I even  as a person with extensive dealings with wrenching on Toyota's (not that they need a lot) can give simple advise to a board member, then when it gets to technical for me I will leave it to the pro's to answer up. I've had lots of fun bantering back and forth with people for the most part here but will throw out a tip if I have dealt with the problem. I would suggest that you deal with the decissions of the board mods and admin, it's their ball your playing with.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:36:30 PM »
now that they don't count they don't post on them anymore.
you noticed that too huh? funny how that works isnt it

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jun 26, 2005, 08:35:57 PM »
Homoghey thread deleter will get you banned :love:   Some things are just worth it huh kyota :yupyup:
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jun 26, 2005, 09:07:17 PM »
As far as posting int the word association and other useless threads,it was never about padding for me,it was just fun.I had pretty much stopped posting there before it all got changed.It had just became boring.I still don't see what the fuss is all about .What purpose does keeping count serve anyway?
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jun 27, 2005, 10:15:43 AM »
Post count=who cares?

What I'm curious about is the criteria used for what goes to chit-chat and what goes to off-topic. Seems the word association, partial sentence, picture stuff is appropriate, but not sure about some of the others. Seems like some of the stuff in the off topic should be moved to chit-chat as well.
 Just my $0.02

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jun 27, 2005, 12:14:03 PM »
its in the works, off topic may get axed and chit chat will replace it.