Author Topic: The Official Tattoo Thread  (Read 156422 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Tattoo Thread
« Reply #60 on: Jul 01, 2005, 12:15:09 PM »
But I still think they're all cool.Self drawn or not,ink is awesome!.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jul 01, 2005, 12:16:36 PM »
ya, i dont get why some people want to "personalize" themseves using premade stuff they didnt create, i would rather make it myself

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jul 01, 2005, 12:24:21 PM »
Same here...I've pretty much drawn up some of my stuff,and the rest,I've just told my idea to my tattoo guy,and he's put it on paper.I've been tatted by 3 different artists,one who is now serving life(poor guy),a left handed Asian artist,and my buddy that's done most,and will continue to do my work in the future.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

BLACKWIDOW

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 103
  • Female Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jul 01, 2005, 12:54:50 PM »
Sweet!!!...Let's see some pics.

Post pics or go home, right? Geez, and I thought it was go big or go home. Same I suppose. Anyway, digi cam is out but computer is boxed for the pending road trip. Once I get re loc'd to Wa...look out. We access your great board via our work computers.  Surrounded by Toyotas and Marlin...can it get any better? Agree with the self designed tat's or at least inspired with meaning. I looked thru piles of books before the idea struck. If I'm gonna go thru it I want it to be meaningful...like life...like trails etc. Anyway, be well and all y'all have a great and glorious 4th.
Take a deep seat and hang on!

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 01, 2005, 12:59:11 PM »
ya, i dont get why some people want to "personalize" themseves using premade stuff they didnt create, i would rather make it myself

Me too, I've got some ideas, I've put them on paper, I just need someone who can draw to touch them up a little :thumbs:  I'll have to see if I can find a scanner, and scan some of my ideas
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jul 01, 2005, 01:23:09 PM »
  :thumbs:  .

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #66 on: Jul 01, 2005, 02:17:06 PM »
 :worthless:

:behindwall:

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jul 06, 2005, 12:28:02 AM »
:worthless:

:behindwall:
Hey,I was thinking of getting that ^ tattooed on me...Man gonzo!,you beat me to it!.  :down:  .

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #68 on: Jul 06, 2005, 06:13:59 AM »
Hey,I was thinking of getting that ^ tattooed on me...Man gonzo!,you beat me to it!. :down: .

I only put it on with "grease pencil" so you can have it Rocksurfer. :thumbs:

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 06, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
I only put it on with "grease pencil" so you can have it Rocksurfer. :thumbs:
rocksurfer?.Hell no!.That aint me!...I'm infernal.(hell surfer).

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #70 on: Jul 07, 2005, 06:16:03 AM »
rocksurfer?.Hell no!.That aint me!...I'm infernal.(hell surfer).

Oooops  :smack:   Infernal >  :slap: <gonzo   :lipsrsealed:  :dunno:

shad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -182
  • Male Posts: 392
  • Member since Mar '05
  • waiting for warmer wheeling weather
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jul 07, 2005, 10:06:06 AM »
comon I want to see Girlfriend's tattos...
86 Toyota 4 runner
22re screaming on 4.56's rolling 35's
My cardomain page

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jul 07, 2005, 11:56:15 AM »
I would never get a tattoo personally, but I have seen some cool ones.  I have two  guidlines for getting them however:

(1) Ladies should only get them in places that can be covered up.  I hate going to weddings, or other formal events, and seeing a lady wearing a fancy dress and having a tattoo displayed in plain view.  It seems out of place to me.

(2) Make sure you know what it means.  There was a TV show recently that had a macho guy on it that had an oriental character on his arm.  In the show a Chinese delivery guy asked him if he knew what it mean.  Of course he said that it was something macho, the delivery guy, who spoke the language, said that it meant, "Of two me who love each other, you are the one that plays the woman."  I about fell on the floor laughing.  In the show he gets it modified and the only thing that it can be changed to easilly is "orange chicken" off of a take out menu.  I realize that this was a joke, but it could happen to you.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Jul 07, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
I would never get a tattoo personally, but I have seen some cool ones.  I have two  guidlines for getting them however:

(1) Ladies should only get them in places that can be covered up.  I hate going to weddings, or other formal events, and seeing a lady wearing a fancy dress and having a tattoo displayed in plain view.  It seems out of place to me.

(2) Make sure you know what it means.  There was a TV show recently that had a macho guy on it that had an oriental character on his arm.  In the show a Chinese delivery guy asked him if he knew what it mean.  Of course he said that it was something macho, the delivery guy, who spoke the language, said that it meant, "Of two me who love each other, you are the one that plays the woman."  I about fell on the floor laughing.  In the show he gets it modified and the only thing that it can be changed to easilly is "orange chicken" off of a take out menu.  I realize that this was a joke, but it could happen to you.

both valid points :thumbs:  A friend of mines dad is a cop, and during the summer he has to wear a black sleeve thing on his forearm to cover up his "pinup girl" from when he was in the navy.  I want mine either on my shoulders, upper arms, or on my back, and neither of them will be mistakable for what they are :yupyup:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:03:01 PM »

:headscratch:  .Uumm,okay,back on topic...let's see sumoe!!!.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:03:55 PM »
comon I want to see Girlfriend's tattos...

I'm with this guy!...Let's see GF Tatts!!!.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

To The Floor

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 393
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THE KRAK
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Jul 09, 2005, 10:32:27 AM »
I am thinking about getting tat of an old tattered cowboy hat.  or a tattered american flag atop a flagpole, that would be on the back of my calf, and the cowboy hat would be on my upper back
in the projects nooga, anything goes

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:12:08 PM »
I have a tiny little heart on my right hip/butt cheek.  haha.  No real meaning, I just like hearts....I starting drinking at 9 a.m. and had a heart on my  :moon: by 1 p.m.  I don't regret getting it though.  I've had it for about 6 years or so.  I don't get sick of it because I don't get to see it very often.  haha.  Sometimes I catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and am like OMG what's on my :moon:???  I believe the Mr. taco enjoys it as well.  I also have both  :boobs: pierced. 
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2006, 08:16:44 PM by MrsPAtaco13 »
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #78 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:17:52 PM »
I have a tiny little heart on my right hip/butt cheek.  haha.  No real meaning, I just like hearts....I starting drinking at 9 a.m. and had a heart on my  :moon: by 1 p.m.  I don't regret getting it though.  I've had it for about 6 years or so.  I don't get sick of it because I don't get to see it very often.  haha.  Sometimes I catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and am like OMG what's on my :moon:???  I believe the Mr. taco enjoys it as well.  I also have both  :boobs: pierced. 

So show us those piercings. :yesnod:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #79 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:19:23 PM »
I'll be getting this one after the baby is born

death and love are the only things that are forever"

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 309
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »
I have 3 tattoos and they all have a meaning:

1.  I was heavy into BMX growing up and I broke my right arm on my bike, so I got a bike chain arm band on my right arm.

2.  I'm a tree trimmer and love it, and I broke my left arm in a chipper altercation, so I got a chainsaw chain arm band on my left arm.

3.  Most recently I got an ace of spades on my right shoulder blade with 13's in place of the A's.  Ace of Spades and Lucky 13 are BMX related and this one is just a compilation of all things that I think are kickass.  Including that my wife's name (Jan) is hidden within the teeth of the skull.

I also have my eyebrow pierced (hardly ever wear it, rubs on the hardhat), a 2 guage tongue piercing, and a couple others that I'm not sure you guys want to hear about.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 10:02:05 AM by pataco13 »
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #81 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:33:06 PM »
Ratz Mr. P is here, now we'll never get to see those piercings. :outtahere:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

yotatilla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -160
  • Male Posts: 182
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Pretend Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:43:19 PM »
Between the car and truck, I can't afford anything for myself. Once I get some extra cash (yeah right) I am going to get two. The hermit is going on the inside of my right forearm, the Boston script is going across my shoulder blades. Lots of ink, maybe a Toyota sign somewhere around here....
2 1986 4Runners+
1 solid Axle+
2 transfercases+
4 35x14.5 Thornbirds+
2 Aussie Lockers+
1 Marlin SAS kit=
UBER 4RUNNER

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:43:48 PM »
I got a chainsaw chain arm band on my left arm.
That's cool  8) I thought about a skull and cross bones style hooks and a hardhat. I might do it after I get my teenage ghetto :pokinit: removed  :headshake:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

trekker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Aug '05
  • crawlin with marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:27:34 PM »
i have four all together a dragon and a tiger on my left forearm and a lizard on the right  forearm  tribal on my left upper arm and an eagle on my right upper and im not done yet looking to get a phoenix on the back of my lower left arm  :biggthumpup: 
I need a running 22r

4xtoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Feb 08, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »
This one started as flash I pulled off a wall in San Fransisco. The guy did a really crappy job. He was busy watching the SF Giants playing in the W.S. as he was working on it.  So I had it redone about a year ago and changed it quite a bit. It is a one-off that me and my artist came up with. I tend to disagree with the "pick something that means something to you" approach simply because of my Christian belief. I will not mark my body with a symbol that has significant meaning to me. So my Tats are just cool designs that I like but have no real meaning at all.

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Feb 08, 2006, 08:18:18 PM »
This one started as flash I pulled off a wall in San Fransisco. The guy did a really crappy job. He was busy watching the SF Giants playing in the W.S. as he was working on it.  So I had it redone about a year ago and changed it quite a bit. It is a one-off that me and my artist came up with. I tend to disagree with the "pick something that means something to you" approach simply because of my Christian belief. I will not mark my body with a symbol that has significant meaning to me. So my Tats are just cool designs that I like but have no real meaning at all.

:headscratch: interesting view with your beliefs there 4xtoy.  I actually kinda view it the other way around, because of my Christian faith.  I intend to get a Cross and an American flag, possibly combined somehow.  I also plan on getting spotter's name tattooed on my right ring finger when we get married, so it is not visible under my wedding ring.  I have to admit, I do like random designs, and I've seen a lot of cool stuff that I'd probably get if I was single, but I'm not so, oh well.  More money for my truck!

-Ronald Reagan

4xtoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Feb 09, 2006, 06:24:42 AM »

:headscratch: interesting view with your beliefs there 4xtoy. I actually kinda view it the other way around, because of my Christian faith. I intend to get a Cross and an American flag, possibly combined somehow. I also plan on getting spotter's name tattooed on my right ring finger when we get married, so it is not visible under my wedding ring. I have to admit, I do like random designs, and I've seen a lot of cool stuff that I'd probably get if I was single, but I'm not so, oh well. More money for my truck!

Well without turning this into a religious debate I can see having a cross and flag as being ok in my opinion because it symbolizes "Christian faith", so long as it doesn't become an idol of sorts if you know what I mean.  I think names are the worst thing you can put on your body though. reguardless if it is your wife, kids, or grandmother. Those things can become idols very easily.  Just my .02  I would love too see you get a cross that is unique from everyone elses.

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Feb 09, 2006, 11:47:40 AM »
Well without turning this into a religious debate I can see having a cross and flag as being ok in my opinion because it symbolizes "Christian faith", so long as it doesn't become an idol of sorts if you know what I mean.  I think names are the worst thing you can put on your body though. reguardless if it is your wife, kids, or grandmother. Those things can become idols very easily.  Just my .02  I would love too see you get a cross that is unique from everyone elses.

Just to throw a wrench at a monkey...um...monkey wrench...did you know that Spirit Worshipers often use crosses because it is sacrilegious.  I think that BD might find that in a book that I sent him.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Feb 09, 2006, 11:52:02 AM »