Author Topic: For serious dog lovers and everyone else!  (Read 38783 times)

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Re: For serious dog lovers and everyone else!
« Reply #180 on: Jul 13, 2023, 11:58:34 PM »
This is my new buddy Jake, he is an Anatolian Shepard. He will be here for 3 to 6 months. He is a really nice dog but big.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

lit_taco4x4

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '23
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Jul 16, 2023, 08:26:48 PM »
My work buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,256
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #182 on: Aug 13, 2023, 04:01:10 PM »
Nothing will make me go temporarily insane and angry to the point of vomiting like learning about animal cruelty.

The 2019 PACT Act which makes cruelty to animals a Federal felony up to 7 years in prison... IT'S NOT ENOUGH!! Convictions for animal torture should be a mandatory 25 years!

One study found that nearly 40% of animal abusers had committed violent crimes against humans.

The rescue of 4,000 beagles from a breeding facility is an example of a PACT Act violation and the evil and sick perpetrators should be put in prison for 25 years.

These dogs are being bred in horrific conditions and hundreds die.  They are used for, mostly completely unnecessary research, and subjected to the most barbaric treatment.

Think about this... dogs have the same emotion cognition as a 2-1/2 year old child.

Gnarls. :usa:

1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #183 on: Aug 14, 2023, 05:52:49 AM »
I'd prefer execution.
Time to go wheelin!

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Aug 14, 2023, 07:00:08 AM »
My work buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep that dog away from my wife!
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #185 on: Nov 25, 2023, 05:01:18 AM »
This YouTube video is by far the very best educational and informative 1 hour presentation I’ve seen so far on vaccines for dogs.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE WHO LOVES THEIR DOG(S) TO TAKE THE TIME TO VIEW THIS DISCUSSION WITH A RENOWNED, AND OBVIOUS EXPERT, DR. JUDY MORGAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIHQD1f1QG0

1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #186 on: Feb 04, 2024, 08:23:59 AM »
Here's some interesting research on dog behavior.  :thumbs:

https://nicenews.com/animals/why-dogs-tilt-heads/   

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #187 on: Mar 13, 2024, 06:12:55 AM »
Very sadly we had to put Teddy Bear, our almost 15-year-old Yorkie, to sleep on March 2.

He had a very bad seizure, and we would not let him experience that again.

Teddy was very smart, demanding, and a typical male Yorkie.  We spoiled him since we adopted him at 9-1/2 weeks.

We will not get another pet. At our age, a dog may outlive us, and I would not want to place the burden on someone else to deal with our pet’s life.

I have studied dogs intensely and have learned so much about every aspect of the canine’s intelligence, emotions, cognitive abilities, health, healthcare, and diet over the past 14 years and 11 months.

Our house is quiet, and it has been a very emotional 11 days.

If anyone is interested in reading about how dogs think and relate to humans, two excellent, and very fascinating insights into dogs: The Genius of Dogs by Dr. Brian Hare and Venessa Woods and

Your Dog is Your Mirror - by Kevin Behan.

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Mar 13, 2024, 06:34:43 AM »
Very sadly we had to put Teddy Bear, our almost 15-year-old Yorkie, to sleep on March 2.

Teddy was very smart, demanding, and a typical male Yorkie.  We spoiled him since we adopted him at 9-1/2 weeks.

We will not get another pet. At our age, a dog may outlive us, and I would not want to place the burden on someone else to deal with our pet’s life.

I have studied dogs intensely and have learned so much about every aspect of the canine’s intelligence, emotions, cognitive abilities, health, healthcare, and diet over the past 14 years and 11 months.

If anyone is interested in reading about how dogs think and relate to humans, two excellent, and very fascinating insights into dogs: The Genius of Dogs by Dr. Brian Hare and Venessa Woods and

Sorry to hear gnarls.
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #189 on: Mar 13, 2024, 06:36:42 AM »

Sorry for loss
Time to go wheelin!

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #190 on: Mar 14, 2024, 03:37:53 PM »
Thanks guys.  :)

toyodaaddict

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 399
  • Male Posts: 1,145
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Mar 14, 2024, 07:43:38 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure that pup had a great life with you Gnarly.
80 shortbed-22re,w56,Marlin 23 spline dual cases,HighAngle drivelines,RUF/63"chevy's,35''mtr's,30 spline Longfields, Allpro highsteer.87 rear axle,5.29 gears,rear spool,BudBuilt cm, marlin HD clutch,ramsey 8000 winch. 
     https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101882.0

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #192 on: Mar 18, 2024, 08:38:47 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure that pup had a great life with you Gnarly.

Thanks t...

Yes, he did have a wonderful life. 

We was extremely well-taken care of.

During his puppy training glass with 8 other dogs, Teddy was the quickest learner!

I taught him how to roll-over in about 5 minutes.

I taught him the verbal commands first, then the hand commands and he picked up on the hand signs almost immediately.

After a very short time of doing his dog walks, I realized I did NOT want him to "heal" and walk beside me.

I decided to let him be himself and what dogs love to do. 

I let him be a dog from then on.  He really loved our walks and enjoyed sniffing and learning about his desert environment.

From then on I could see how happy he was.

Yes, we spoiled him and he was demanding and did not always mind us, but he was so much fun to watch and interact with in our daily life.

Now, my belief about dogs as family members and pets is different than the conventional thinking.

Most pet parents are surprisingly ignorant about a dog's intelligence, cognition, senses, and emotional range.

There are too many pet owners who should not be allowed to own a dog!

I see 3 or 4 "I lost my dog" RING Doorbell neighborhood alerts on my cell phone every day.

I want to post a statement to those imbecilic idiots:  "HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU LOSE YOUR DOG?"

That's like saying "I lost my car."

Losing a pet that totally relies on the owner for their protection and life is pathetically moronic and criminal.

I miss my little boy.

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2024, 07:50:45 PM »
Otis turned 2 today. 80 plus lbs..

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

cbeers

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 4425
  • Member since Jan '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2024, 07:19:03 AM »
two!
man time flies
Happy Birthday Otis !

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2024, 11:10:56 PM »
Wow....  this is awesome... :gap:

So... women feel better sleeping with their dog than their mate.  :shake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAjPN2A1sHY

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #197 on: Jun 02, 2024, 10:16:18 AM »
This is about gun dogs, but the training points apply to most pet dogs.

However, dogs, like most humans can have very different personalities.

So.. what makes one dog really happy may not be the same for another dog or breed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIi6BJDoRpc

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee