Author Topic: For serious dog lovers and everyone else!  (Read 37897 times)

RUGER

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 17167
  • Male Posts: 1,019
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: For serious dog lovers and everyone else!
« Reply #120 on: Sep 09, 2021, 10:40:47 AM »
i use purina. there is a purina plant in town and hope to keep locals with jobs.

RUGER :usa:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,338
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #121 on: Sep 09, 2021, 12:58:48 PM »

Here is our new doggo. Total pandemic puppy for someone and they realized she is too much work
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,245
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #122 on: Sep 09, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »

Here is our new doggo. Total pandemic puppy for someone and they realized she is too much work

Wow! she is beautiful!!

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #123 on: Sep 14, 2021, 07:16:35 AM »

From Dog Food Advisor....

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Like you… I've been watching in horror as the number of deadly dog food recalls that mention "aflatoxin poisoning" as the cause... has been increasing at an alarming rate.

And frankly… I'm concerned.

Not just because of the hundreds of innocent dogs that have already died…

That's bad enough.

But…

Because only a small fraction of dog owners seem to be aware of just how dangerous this toxic contaminant can be.

Truth is...

In larger doses, aflatoxin can kill a dog... suddenly... and without warning. These are the cases you hear about the most.

But…

What most dog owners don't know is that…

Chronic, long-term exposure to smaller doses of aflatoxin can be just as deadly.

That’s because…

Tiny, invisible amounts of the poison can accumulate in the body… over time… and can ultimately cause liver cancer... and death... later in your dog’s life.

Which is why I published this revealing report:

Aflatoxin… Avoiding the Deadliest Natural Toxin in Dog Food

In that article, I answer these crucial questions…

1.   How does aflatoxin get into your dog's food?

2.   What makes it so dangerous?

3.   Which dog food ingredients are the ones most likely to contain aflatoxin?

4.   What's the one type of dog food that's never had an aflatoxin recall?

5.   What can you do right now… to significantly lower your dog's risk of aflatoxin poisoning?
Read the article here.

Please help spread the word. And share this important article with other dog lovers.

Keep learning.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor
Saving Good Dogs From Bad Dog Food

P.S. Not yet on our recall alert list? Get FREE lifesaving recall alerts by email. No spam. Cancel anytime.

P.P.S. I'm honored to have you with me on this lifesaving mission. If you decide you're in the wrong place, no worries. You'll find an unsubscribe link in the footer of this and every email I send you.

Share:

1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #124 on: Sep 21, 2021, 06:58:37 AM »

FROM THE DODGOOD ADVISER....

"Can Dogs Eat Cheese and Ice Cream?" :  https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=NBdnw&m=lEfcKolY_1O0_1z&b=RLp7Nk0i_Rv2yejUhSqWIw

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Have you ever wondered if it was safe to feed your dog cheese, ice cream or other dairy foods?

Well, apparently, you're not alone.

Recently, I noticed a rather spirited debate going in our online forum.

It seems one of our members had been adding a spoonful of cottage cheese to her dog's kibble… to help coax her into eating all her food.

But because her dog kept having gas and loose stools shortly after each meal...

She was concerned.

And she wanted to know if cottage cheese was good (or bad) for her dog.

Unfortunately…

There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether or not dairy products are safe for dogs.

If you're one of these people, I've created this special report just for you.

In that article…

I'll share the answer to 3 of the most urgent questions we get about feeding dairy products to dogs.

For example:

1.   Are cheese and ice cream good... or bad... for your dog?

2.   Why do some dogs experience digestive upset whenever they eat dairy products? While others have no problems at all?

3.   Which dairy products are easiest for a dog to digest? And which ones are most likely to cause digestive upset?

Get the answers by clicking the following link:

"Can Dogs Eat Cheese and Ice Cream?" :  https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=NBdnw&m=lEfcKolY_1O0_1z&b=RLp7Nk0i_Rv2yejUhSqWIw

Facts matter. Keep learning.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Did someone forward this email to you? Get FREE lifesaving recall alerts by email. No spam ever. Cancel anytime.

P.P.S. I'm honored to have you with me on this lifesaving mission. If you decide you're in the wrong place, no worries. You'll find an unsubscribe link in the footer of this and every email I send you.

Share:

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26762
  • Male Posts: 3,514
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Oct 02, 2021, 12:13:10 PM »
https://youtu.be/3PfYGglsYiI

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #126 on: Oct 03, 2021, 04:35:31 AM »
https://youtu.be/3PfYGglsYiI

That guy is awesome!!  Funny and really good "geetar" player!

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #127 on: Nov 23, 2021, 02:59:48 AM »
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

You're getting this email alert because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified. If you changed your mind, no worries. You'll find an "unsubscribe" link in the footer of this message.

Sam's Club is recalling its Member's Mark Beef Sticks Dog Treats due to the potential of metal material in the product.

This alert applies to ALL of the product sold since March 1, 2021.

For full details, please visit this link:

Sam's Club Member's Mark Dog Treats Recall

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/sams-club-beef-stick-dog-treats/

Gnarls.

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3754
  • Male Posts: 2,853
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #128 on: Nov 23, 2021, 05:18:30 AM »
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

You're getting this email alert because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified. If you changed your mind, no worries. You'll find an "unsubscribe" link in the footer of this message.

Sam's Club is recalling its Member's Mark Beef Sticks Dog Treats due to the potential of metal material in the product.

This alert applies to ALL of the product sold since March 1, 2021.

Sam's Club Member's Mark Dog Treats Recall

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/sams-club-beef-stick-dog-treats/

Gnarls.

Probably made in china
Time to go wheelin!

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #129 on: Nov 23, 2021, 06:30:36 AM »
Probably made in china

I have not been to a Walmart store in over 1 year. :thumbs:

Gnarls. :usa:

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #130 on: Nov 29, 2021, 05:02:18 AM »
FYI....

I've been ordering prescription and non-prescription canned dog food from Chewy for years.

Last year and the beginning of this year delivery has almost 100% of the time has been within 48 hours of ordering it online on their site.

About 2 months ago a case (24 cans) came from Pennsylvania and took about 8 days.

This last case was ordered on Nov 25, showing shipped on Nov 26, and now being shipped from North Carolina and scheduled to be delivered via FedEx ground on December 2 to Casa Grande, AZ.

All dog and pet owners who rely on prescription or non-prescription food ordered online should be aware that deliveries may be going out and/or supplies may be subject to the supply chain issue.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2021, 05:22:59 AM by Gnarly4X »

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Nov 29, 2021, 12:12:23 PM »
Gnarls.. we've made a few purchases thru chewy.  One was flea and tick.. iirc bravecto.. ticks are crazy where I live with all the deer... the stuff from chewy. Was not as effective.. same advertised brand and dosage.. started noticing more ticks.. went back to our regular vet.. My vet ended up matching price.. now we get special food, and flea and tick for good price..

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #132 on: Nov 29, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »
I am SO glad we do not have ticks and fleas here.. very very rare here in the desert... too dry.

Tick and Flea medication is typically very hard on a dog's system.  I haven't done research on them recently, but I would be very concerned about what those chemicals do.

With that said ---- Protecting dogs from ticks and fleas is very critical! :yesnod:

I don't give Teddy any heartworm medication either. We don't have mosquitos very often.

He get's a blood test every 4 to 6 months.

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Dec 03, 2021, 12:30:15 PM »

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #134 on: Dec 04, 2021, 05:01:35 AM »
Supply chain delays?

I ordered a case (24 cans) of prescription dog food on November 25 from Chewy online.

https://www.chewy.com/

On November 27 the FedEx tracker showed the case was received at a FedEx facility on November 27 in North Carolina, and scheduled to be delivered on December 2.

On November 30 the tracker showed “Delay”, with no delivery information. The FedEx tracker still shows "Delay" as of this morning - December 4.

Historically Chewy delivers within 48 hours.

I currently have 74 cans of food, about 100 days of feeding.

When this case is delivered (date unknown), I will order another case.

Feeding my little Teddy Bear is more important than feeding myself…. He cannot get his own food and water.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,338
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #135 on: Dec 04, 2021, 01:05:08 PM »
Supply chain delays?

I ordered a case (24 cans) of prescription dog food on November 25 from Chewy online.

https://www.chewy.com/

On November 27 the FedEx tracker showed the case was received at a FedEx facility on November 27 in North Carolina, and scheduled to be delivered on December 2.

On November 30 the tracker showed “Delay”, with no delivery information. The FedEx tracker still shows "Delay" as of this morning - December 4.

Historically Chewy delivers within 48 hours.

I currently have 74 cans of food, about 100 days of feeding.

When this case is delivered (date unknown), I will order another case.

Feeding my little Teddy Bear is more important than feeding myself…. He cannot get his own food and water.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-fedex-six-times-dump-ravine-20211201-o5xheqfnrvakfb35fbvgjki47u-story.html

Found your box
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #137 on: Dec 04, 2021, 04:22:33 PM »
LOL...LMAO..

Over the years at various times, I had lots of almost daily interactions with the UPS and FedEx drivers.... I always thought they were the coolest dudes and dudettes.

Very friendly, very professional.  One UPS driver was Toyota truck fan and told me where to buy stock 22R camshaft in town. :greengrin:

That news seemed just not right.  WTF was that dude thinking.... uuuuuhhhh.... "They'll never catch me!...??  "They'll never trace those packages to my truck!"..?? :dunno:

Or... "This will really piss off a whole of people this year!"...?? :dunno:

Gnarls :usa:

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #138 on: Dec 05, 2021, 03:37:15 AM »
UPDATE on Chewy order:

FedEx tracker still shows "Delayed"... no other information.

I predicted about 6 months ago that I would see delayed shipments for my dog food orders.

I will call my Vet tomorrow morning and buy a case from them, IF they have inventory. :dunno:

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #139 on: Dec 05, 2021, 05:08:16 PM »
UPDATE:  DEC 5 PM

Updated delivery:
Monday, 12/6/2021 by end of day
Estimated between: 9:00 am - 1:45 pm
Initially expected: Wednesday, 12/1/2021

This was ordered online on Nov. 25.

So about 11 days for shipping.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #140 on: Dec 08, 2021, 02:08:49 AM »

From DogFoodAdvisor.com

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Livia Global, Inc., of Visalia, CA, is recalling two lots of its BioLifePet Liquid Probiotics for Dogs and Cats due to the possibility of contamination with Pseudomonas bacteria.

If ingested, Pseudomonas can cause life-threatening infections in immuno-compromised individuals.

BioLifePet Liquid Probiotics for Dogs and Cats Recalled

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #141 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03:51:20 PM »
FROM DOGFOOD ADVISER:

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Costco.ca is recalling Irish Rover 2021 Advent Calendar for Dogs (which contains dog treats).

The retailer has not provided a reason for taking this action, stating only that "these calendars do not meet our quality standards".

Editor's Note: Although the defective treats were sold only in Canada, they appear to have remained on the market for over 2 months.

Which means that by the time of this recall, some of the product may have found its way into both Canadian and U.S. homes.

For full details, please visit this link:  Costco Recalls Irish Rover Advent Calendar Dog Treats

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #142 on: Dec 27, 2021, 04:27:44 PM »
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Woody's Pet Food Deli of Minneapolis, Minnesota, is recalling its Raw Cornish Hen pet food due to the risk of Salmonella bacteria.

For full details, please visit this link:  https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/woodys-pet-food-deli/

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #143 on: Jan 09, 2022, 05:33:44 AM »
This morning I had to collect a urine sample from my little Teddy Bear (12-year old male Yorkie mix) for my Vet to do their annual tests.

I captured the urine in their little plastic tray they provide.  We went back in the house, and I placed the little tray with several teaspoons of urine on the kitchen counter.

At this point Teddy always goes the end of the island where is dish and water are placed, and anxiously waits for me to give him his breakfast.

This morning he disappeared into the bedroom – very rare behavior unless he is sick.

I went to the bedroom to see what he was doing. He was sitting on floor looking at me.  I determined that he was not sick.

My wife stayed with him as I transferred the urine sample into the supplied test tube, and then disposed of the left over urine, tray and syringe.

I went back into the bedroom and coached Teddy into following me to the kitchen for his breakfast. He reluctantly went into the kitchen.

I figured out why he didn’t want to be in kitchen.  He smelled his urine sample and knew that urine smell in the house is a "no-no".

When my little girl Princess was still alive and would have a potty accident (she was 15 years and 8 months old when she passed) Teddy would run and hide.  I knew immediately that an accident had happened. 

It’s interesting that these animals can so obviously display emotions associated with human feelings of guilt, shame, and right and wrong.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #144 on: Apr 27, 2022, 05:23:59 AM »
I almost lost my professional composure yesterday in company Zoom meeting.

A working from home person was speaking and we could hear a dog bark.

Someone commented and he immediately held up a remote control device and uttered “shocker”.

I immediately went ballistic but didn’t say anything.

I privately Zoom texted a co-worker that I figured knew this guy and she openly responded to my question during the meeting.

He repeated that it was remote control for shock collar.

I interrupted and said “You need to do some research!  Shock collars will permanently cause brain damage to a dog.  They will also permanently ef’up their personality beyond any therapy!

There was blood shooting out of my eyes so I couldn’t really see his reaction.  I had to look away from my monitor and mute myself…. I don’t know what I would have said next.

I never really liked the guy in my department, but now I intensely dislike him.  He’s an ignorant moron, and worse... he’s seriously torturing a loving pet.

Shock collars and choker chains should be outlawed!

Inflicting pain on an animal to “train” them is barbaric! :maddest:

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3754
  • Male Posts: 2,853
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #145 on: Apr 27, 2022, 06:33:05 AM »
I don't think I added our Texas rescue Jazzi on here.............
Time to go wheelin!

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #146 on: Apr 30, 2022, 04:43:47 PM »
I cannot say strongly enough.... PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THIS ARTICLE.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/are-you-a-pet-parent/

As the power elite continue the assault on our freedom, taking complete control of EVERY aspect of our life is their goal.

WE WILL OWN NOTHING.

I am a pet owner.  My dog is a member of my family.

If someone messes with my dog, I will turn into a level crazy that will make their worst nightmare seem like a happy place!

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2022, 05:33:34 PM by Gnarly4X »

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2022, 05:33:10 AM »
From the DogFoodAdvisor

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a Warning Letter to Pet Center, Inc. of Los Angeles, California due to multiple safety and sanitary violations which caused the products to be declared adulterated.

The company produces over 100 different pet treats including Bully Sticks, Chicken Breast Tenders, various flavors of SuperChews and more.

FDA Warns Pet Treats Maker Due to Safety and Sanitary Violations

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/fda-warns-pet-center/

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1209
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2022, 02:42:19 PM »
I am NOT a pet OWNER, our "pets are members of our family. Basically, they become our children. Or is it us theirs. Either way, it's a connection. Except our dog, that little fart connects with everybody!
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2022, 06:29:24 AM »
From the dogfoodadvisor.com

"Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

I don’t know about you…

But I've had it with misleading pet food marketing claims.

Claims like…

"Our dog food has never been recalled."

Ever heard that one before?

I hear it all the time.

And every time I see these words on a website or a bag of kibble, it bugs me.

Because I know claims like these are meaningless.

Yet sadly, they give unsuspecting dog owners who read them…

A False Sense of Security

They think…

OK... Since this brand has never been recalled, my dog must be safe.

But how could that be true?

Just because a particular brand of dog food has never been recalled…

What's to stop the very next batch of that same brand from containing a toxic dose of vitamin D?

Or a deadly poison… like aflatoxin?

It happens all the time.

Here's the point.

Dog Food Recalls
Are NOT Predictable

So…

Instead of wasting your time looking for a dog food that's "never been recalled"…

Why not look for an actual warning signal that can help you spot the riskiest brands.

BEFORE you buy them.

Unfortunately, recall events are what scientists call LAGGING indicators.

Which means...

They only tell you something's wrong with a pet food AFTER something bad happens.

AFTER dogs get sick. After dogs die. When it's too late.

What you really need is a LEADING indicator.

Something that can warn you about dog foods that are more likely to contain flaws and defects.

BEFORE something bad happens. Before you buy it.

Useful Warning Signals

OK. Here are 2 LEADING indicators I think you should know about.

No. They're not perfect.

But just being aware of them can help you avoid buying some of the riskiest dog foods on the market.

First, watch out for...

Repeat Offenders

Unlike most dog parents, I don’t worry too much about dog foods with occasional recalls.

After all, even the best human food brands sometimes have accidents and get recalled.

Think about brands like Dole lettuce, Planters peanuts, and many others. They've all had recalls at one time or another.

Some even recently.

But…

Pet food brands that have had multiple recalls over a short to moderate period of time are a whole different matter.

Repeat offenders like these should be avoided… until they prove OVER TIME that they're once again worthy of your trust.

And finally, be aware of…

FDA Warning Letters

When the FDA discovers a pet food company has violated its critical safety regulations in a major way, they send the manufacturer an official Warning Letter.

Here’s why that's SO important.

FDA Warning Letters are only issued for the most serious safety and sanitary violations.

And only after an official, in-person FDA inspection.

So…

FDA Warning Letters are critically important. Which is why I never EVER ignore them. And neither should you.

Here's What to Do

If you're not sure where to begin…

Be sure to visit our Best Dog Foods page. Each top brand on that page has been selected from over 5700 different recipes and sorted into 38 specific categories.

Not one of these recipes has been made by a "repeat offender" or received a recent FDA Warning Letter.

And...

For some of our most recommended fresh-made home delivery recipes, please visit our Best Fresh Food for Dogs page.

Safe feeding.

Long live dogs.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Did someone forward this email to you? Get FREE lifesaving recall alerts by email. No spam ever. Cancel anytime.

P.P.S. I'm honored to have you with me on this journey to protect our dogs. If you decide you're in the wrong place, no worries. You'll find a full unsubscribe link in the footer of this email. Or if you only want to receive recall alerts and nothing else, click here. "