Author Topic: Cold air intake adaptors! Air meter to cone filter. Pics this weekend.  (Read 2231 times)

Poweredbytoyota

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 32
  • Member since Apr '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Hi, working on my truck and decided to see maybe someone would be interested. I

I am building air filter adaptors for Toyota air meters. Should be able to get a picture up this weekend.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Had 10 cut out of 1/4" plate I'm just gonna have to weld up the tubes.

Will build my own and post pictures. Doing a simple 90 and a battery flip.

4runner4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 291
  • Male Posts: 260
  • Member since Aug '08
  • lockers before light bars.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
1983 Toyota pickup Sr5 6 inch shackle lift 33 super swampers 4:88 gears front and rear locked in the rear 22r high lift air tank tools and other junk(sold)
1987 4runner ifs 3 inch pro comp lift 33" TSL swampers and a cherry bomb exhaust(sold)
1987 4runner Sr5 current sas build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101170.new#new

Poweredbytoyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Due to the high price of steel these plates are expensive. About 40 dollars a piece when they are done. Will be painted black for the use a 2.5" filter. Since I don't believe in k&n I got a Spector or some malarkey. Haven't bought the plates yet due to money but if two more people say they are interested I will bite the bullet and throw down a few hundred on ten for the first round. Thanks guys let me knlw

redneckcustoms13

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
This sounds like a good idea. Did you know they have them made of aluminum at autozone fo like $17?

Not bashing on your idea. I like being creative, just sharing what I used on mine.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Ditto, plus that's not actually a true cold air intake setup, just pulls hot engine air.  Filter needs to be isolated from the engine bay and pull air from as low as possible outside the engine bay.  Build a true cold air intake box/package and you'll have something!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

4runner4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 291
  • Male Posts: 260
  • Member since Aug '08
  • lockers before light bars.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
only issue is with these trucks and the wheeling most of us do a true cold air intake would lead to more hydro locked blocks
1983 Toyota pickup Sr5 6 inch shackle lift 33 super swampers 4:88 gears front and rear locked in the rear 22r high lift air tank tools and other junk(sold)
1987 4runner ifs 3 inch pro comp lift 33" TSL swampers and a cherry bomb exhaust(sold)
1987 4runner Sr5 current sas build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101170.new#new

Poweredbytoyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
So I use to build air boxes out of 22 gauge aluminum and I used a brake and one rivot in the center to hold them together worked well for the fiat spiders I was building at my last shop. The adaptors I was kinda thinking do whatever you want with. I have a picture I will post of hose I found at work that's perfect for a cowl airbox or snorcal I will post later. With the porting and cam my motor has the open filter in any type of box will get more then enough air. A aluminum box for my truck will be made and I probably won't sell them because I won't get paid enough to build them haha.. for myself it's worth it.. the filter adaptors on the other hand should be decent. Should only take about a hour per.