Author Topic: Official MCR15 Registration Thread - Event: Sept 17 [REG. CLOSED]  (Read 77994 times)

nando707

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 8
  • Member since Jul '16
  • International 4x4, 4runner
    • View Profile
Anybody here want to meet up on Friday morning and head out together??? I dont want to trail alone lol.  Buddy system maybe?  :slap: :slap: :slap:

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 189
  • Member since Feb '05
  • 511:1 club
    • View Profile
Most of us all caravan...probably going to be going in on Wednesday or Thursday from the Tahoe Side.
How many already in your group?  I'm hoping to go in Thursday morning from Tahoe side too.  I may have two or three rigs with me.
Any suggestions on where to park a tractor trailer on the Tahoe side?  Will there be room at the parking area if I'm there Wednesday night?

LOL and where would I put my 37" 100 lb tires?
Need a ride?  I can probably carry four rigs but bringing my big trailer will make parking very challenging if there is more than one or two tow rigs already there.  As per the question above, I need to see if there's a place further out that I'd be allowed to park safely and legally.

megaphoneman

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 677
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
How many already in your group?  I'm hoping to go in Thursday morning from Tahoe side too.  I may have two or three rigs with me.
Any suggestions on where to park a tractor trailer on the Tahoe side?  Will there be room at the parking area if I'm there Wednesday night?
Need a ride?  I can probably carry four rigs but bringing my big trailer will make parking very challenging if there is more than one or two tow rigs already there.  As per the question above, I need to see if there's a place further out that I'd be allowed to park safely and legally.

Last year we got there at 1am Thursday morning and drove in. IT was cold and fun! 
Def room for the tractor trailer. Last year some one parked one right in the middle of the parking lot...i think that place gets pretty jam packed anyways..Feel free to keep in touch and i will let you know whats up closer to the trip.

megaphoneman

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Anyone every taken a dual sport MC? thinking about riding in this year...and let the wife drive..

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Def room for the tractor trailer. Last year some one parked one right in the middle of the parking lot...i think that place gets pretty jam packed anyways..
So when you got there Thursday morning it wasn't too packed already?  I was there last year with my semi and a two-car bumper-pull trailer and it was difficult to maneuver that small area... but there were a few very large offroad dump trucks and piles of rock to contend with.

megaphoneman

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
So when you got there Thursday morning it wasn't too packed already?  I was there last year with my semi and a two-car bumper-pull trailer and it was difficult to maneuver that small area... but there were a few very large offroad dump trucks and piles of rock to contend with.

yeah i got there pretty much super late Wednesday night i had plenty of room.. so you must have been the one with the semi trailer then...

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
I wasn't there for the Roundup, and I only had a two-car trailer behind my blue Freightliner, so I don't know if that was me. Although it was in September, so maybe I was there the week of the event and didn't know it. We did see Marlin and Christine going in as we were loading up, but he didn't have tons of gear.

Edit:
I think I was there September 10 & 11 2014.  Obviously not "last year" as I mistakenly said in an earlier post.  And that was about three weeks after the event that year anyway.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2016, 10:24:07 AM by Steve-44 »

The one true Moose

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Jul '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Anybody here want to meet up on Friday morning and head out together??? I dont want to trail alone lol.  Buddy system maybe?  :slap: :slap: :slap:

Hey, nando I registered just to let you know my family and I will be wheeling into Wentworth springs from Sac (Georgetown) Thursday evening. The plan is to camp at Wentworth Thursday night and wheel to Buck Island on Friday, then wheel on into the springs Saturday morning.

We run alone normally but you're free to join us if you want it would be my wife, our daughter (3 years old) myself, and potentially my wife's little brother in a jeep. Wentworth entrance is a bit tougher than Loon Lake side, but it is the original route, looking at your specs you should clear it just fine if you need we can spot you, I choose this way because I have wheeled it since I was born it is my preferred route, plus there are much fewer people on that side. The trails converge right after the granite bowl.

I'll toss you a PM as well,
Robert

get r done

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 394
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Mine is on its way via Fax..

LuxCrawler

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Female Posts: 7
  • Member since Jul '14
    • View Profile
Any word on the heli chopper? For anyone who needs a group we wheel in Thursday afternoon/evening and from the loon lake side, and out Cadillac Sunday AM. Details posted on the Rigs On The Rocks facebook page. 

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Only 5 days remaining to register for the 15th Annual Marlin Crawler Round Up!

Eleven registrations came through just yesterday alone so the event is filling up!

I'll get the list updated soon.

See ya on the Rubicon in September!

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Any word on the heli chopper?

I'll follow up but no word by now usually means it won't be happening. It's been difficult to manage in the past. We need to come up with a better solution for it to be honest... ;(

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Only 50 people registered!!??
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

trupster415

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 10
  • Member since Aug '09
  • FAST LOUD AND BLOWIN SMOKE
    • View Profile
Hey Big Mike can we get a registered list update?  I mailed mine off last week and haven't seen my check cashed!  I want to make sure I'm good to go!!!

get r done

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I seen my payment went thru. Hopefully they update the list soon.

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26756
  • Male Posts: 3,516
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
I guessing with only 2 days left to register, list will be updated soon after registration ends  :crossed:
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

JoePokah

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hello all,

Looking to join a group to wheel in/out with. It is just me and my co pilot (just moved back to CA from TX). Coming from Chico CA, but have family in Reno/Carson City/MT Rose so i could come in from whatever side. First time running to Rubicon so would like to stick with a group! Thanks

Jeff
530 828 0050

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
Faxed mine today
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

HogCanyonHopper

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 7319
  • Male Posts: 1,224
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
Hello all,

Looking to join a group to wheel in/out with. It is just me and my co pilot (just moved back to CA from TX). Coming from Chico CA, but have family in Reno/Carson City/MT Rose so i could come in from whatever side. First time running to Rubicon so would like to stick with a group! Thanks

Jeff
530 828 0050

We're going in some time Thursday at Loon. you're welcome to join us.
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88478.0
Where are we going? And why are we in a handbasket?

My friend is goin to moan this weekend - RockcrawlinJK

The one true Moose

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Jul '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Hello all,

Jeff
530 828 0050

Text incoming.

Anyone else who needs a group coming from Georgetown  feel free to pm me and we can figure something out. We are coming in the back way from Wentworth springs.

Robert

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Mailed my registration early this week.  I hope it made it!

Turboman7

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -24
  • Male Posts: 2
  • Member since Jul '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I just tried calling to register but I got a message saying they're closed for the day.
Myself and a couple others would like to register before the deadline but not sure how that will work at this point.
Snail mail is too slow, no one there to receive a fax and no one to answer the call until Monday after the deadline.

Thanks,
Matt

megaphoneman

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Pretty sure if its mail dated before that date you should be good..

1985CRAWLER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 267
  • Male Posts: 1,163
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Backyard Built
    • View Profile
Hello all,

Jeff
530 828 0050

Gonna be leaving Paradise /chico sometime Friday morning , going in loon side , if this fits your schedule pm me , will be with a small handful of built Toyotas . Leaving camp early Sunday like 5am
low n' slow 85 runner SR5 22re,rcvs ,Duals,5.29s,Detroits f&r,40s,RUF,Chevy 63 rears,Armored,Cage

bobbed and beat 91 ex cab,3RZ swapped,dual ultimates, dana 44 sas 5.38/5.29 combo,37s, RUF, 63 rears,ARB front, detroit rear,cage

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=96250.msg1073007;topicseen#msg1073007

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26920.390

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
I just tried calling to register but I got a message saying they're closed for the day.
Myself and a couple others would like to register before the deadline but not sure how that will work at this point.
Snail mail is too slow, no one there to receive a fax and no one to answer the call until Monday after the deadline.

Thanks,
Matt

I just received an email that they are extending the deadline through the end of Monday. Call them when they first open in the morning 7 AM PST

get r done

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
If you fax it to them it will be there when they open Monday. It will show you sent it in before the deadline on the fax report. But sounds like they extended the deadline from the above post..

Rockstarnrg4me

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 4
  • Member since Jul '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Faxed and registered!! This is mine and a couple other buddies first times on the Rubicon and we are super excited to finally wheel it.

We are planning to leave the LA area thurs day/night (still unsure) and leave sun morning early. If anyone wants to caravan or wheel in a group, or if we could join up with a group that would be awesome as we are all un familiar with the area. We are all built (30 splines, locked, duals, 37-40's etc) and come prepared with tools and spare parts.
83 bobbed pickup 30 splines, grizzly front + detroit rear, chevy 63's, 3" fronts, dual cased with 4.7 rear twin sticked, 22r with aisin carb (for now) marlin L52 trans,  hydro assist on 37x14.5x15 creepies.

Turboman7

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -24
  • Male Posts: 2
  • Member since Jul '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

Thanks,
Matt

Faxed it in

fasterspider

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Wanted to be able to do the Rubicon this year but, my rig is not ready and neither am I.
After doing the Miller Jeep Trail last month, my rig developed a few issues keeping her parked.
#1 is she won't idle after carb rebuild and replacement of every vacuum line.
The air conditioning system has suffered some kind of electrical failure that has effected the lights some how, brights make all lights go out now and the AC will not turn on.
So next year will be my time, this year I have to make the rig work and get that high steer kit then install it.
fasterspider, now older and slower.

lostbuckaroo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 44
  • Member since Jan '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
A friend of mine and I are registered to go the MCR for the first time this year. Question is what's the parking situation gonna be like.. we were planning on going up first thing Friday morning at Loon but from reading sounds like parking can be pretty sketchy.. What do you all suggest...? Go Thursday night if we can? Need to park two tow rigs/trailers...