Author Topic: SOS emergency up grading my 7/80toy brake a must  (Read 1788 times)

skot80toy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '14
    • View Profile
SOS emergency up grading my 7/80toy brake a must
« on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:52:32 AM »
if you haven't notice I have deleted all that I can in or on this forum, cheese maker has all the answers to my driving my dad taught me how drive , he was a medic driver,navy seal , raced motor cycles , out in Oakland cal. I was born there. my dad was hit head on , on motor cycle in hosp. 1 yr and 6 month with leg in air , in 71,72, 73 cant remem. what yr , he was in news paper braves come visit him.
you can look him up about news paper , his name is ROBERT HOWARD KENDRICK
I have never had a wreck nor hit any one 28 yr driver. I do know about the roads in cal. dad told me all about them.  :maddest: so cheese maker for real you need to frukk OFF !!!  :maddest: oh by the way I was not off road , I was on pave rd go home from work!

I AM DONE WITH FORUM WONT BE BACK
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2014, 03:20:27 AM by skot80toy »

TheChewMaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 245
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sounds like you have a much bigger issue than just ventilation. The Fj/IFS caliper upgrade is good, but you should be able to stop fine in normal situations. I know of dudes running big tires (37-40) and large granite here in CA and still run the stock solid rotors/calipers

John Doe

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
Ive got some v6 calipers in the bed of my truck now, let me know if you are interested.
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Sounds like you need to slow down off road!  I've gotten my brakes cooking before, but it meant that I was going to fast.  If you have to, put it in four low, and find a gear that will let you control your descent better. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Where I live, there are alot of steep roads, and hardcore switchbacks.  Alot of motorcycle trails that cross the roadway, and use the road too at times.  It's a very good chance you WILL run into somebody on the road with you.  Many of my friends have come screaming around blind corners only to hit head on with another motorized vehicle.  And we also share the roads with log trucks that are running 80,000 to 100,000 pounds coming down hill. 

Just last Sunday, I went wood cutting up a rather steep road.  I was coming down and hitting the water bars kinda hard, so I put it in 4 lo and 2nd gear, and I hardly used the brakes, except for the water bars.  Which had me tri-poding my IFS in a couple!! 
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014, 05:31:27 PM by Cheesemaker »
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I've cooked the brakes in every truck I've had, on and off-road.  81 2wd would smoke 3 miles down a 6 mile twisty downhill section, and all 4x4 I've had, toyota and nissan, have smoked on super long downhill sections off-road.  It just happens unless you want to take 45 minutes to go 4 miles.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!