Author Topic: My toys  (Read 7973 times)

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 362
  • Male Posts: 1,715
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
Re: My toys
« Reply #30 on: Apr 08, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »
:thumbs:
When in doubt, skinny pedal!
Turd Box Build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50894.0

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2012, 09:03:47 PM »
so I kinda got bored and made this Night Vision goggles case into a 4 gun case for range transportation, what do ya think ? sure a coat of paint will make it purdy but since I dont have one right now, how about your thoughts and comments on this.

and with this final piece of foam I can close the lid and keep the 4 of them all safe and sound.

MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
the outside

except BACON

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
First, I hate you.

Now, great idea for the case, but you gotta clean up the hard styrofoam. Fine file will do the trick nicely.
Personally I'd leave the case as is, don't paint it. It adds a touch of awesomeness to it.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #34 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
thanks for the hate it feels good right now, and I ment paint the foam cause it looks like crap but I guess once its open all that dont matter when all the awesomeness starts to flow out :rofl:

and thanks buddy :wink:
except BACON

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 10, 2012, 07:29:31 AM »
even with a foam pad between the guns, its prop gonna rub the crap out of each other.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 10, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »
It looks tlike they fit pretty snug in their layers, and with the lid closed, I doubt there's very little if any movement for them to do any damage to each other.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Apr 10, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »
Doesnt take much to damage the finish
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
Good looking out Jerry and thanks for the heads up :thumbs: Jason is correct there is no movement in the case with all the foam I have in there, its the black hard foam, the cut out foam, the gun cut outs on top of the guns then another layer of foam in between them all so nothing moves.

I may be doing a different layout of the 2 on the bottom since I have plenty of foam, I want it to fit real good and tight with more room in between the 2 pistols  :disturbed:
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »
just added

Ruger 10-22

Winchester 12 g Defender

only have room for 3 more in my new to me locker . . . . AR-15, AR-22 and a .410, that should be all I need

:usa: :beerwhack:
except BACON

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:51:01 PM »
Nice!  I need a shotty.  Been looking at the Rem 870 with the dual barrel setups (defense and long).  When I get taxes back we will see what happens.  I love my Ruger 10/22s, but best mod I did to mine were the extended mag release, and a butler creek stock.  I hated the plastic butt plate on the stock.  I actually took it off cause the plastic was too slick and wouldn't hold still in my shoulder.  I'm debating on getting a upgraded trigger, bull barrel, and a hogue stock.  Because my 10/22T has all of that basically, and I will grab it 10 to 1 over my 10/22 carbine.  Just the trigger alone you can tell the difference. 

I want a AR15, but with the prices and the frenzy that is going on, I'm better off getting something else, like a shotty.  And I don't think the wife would allow me to bring one home.  She told me the other day, that whatever the Federal Gov says I have to give up, I have to follow the law!!  I had to :outtahere: before I said something bad.  I can't even talk to her about anything gun related.  Or she gets very angry and upset about it.  But I understand where she comes from, because she works for a school district, and it strikes really close to home with her.  9 months ago she was on board with me getting AR parts to start building one as an investment.  But oh HELL NO, not now!!!  I had to correct her on the difference of Full auto, vs Semi auto guns ownership and what's involved in just getting a full auto, and it didn't matter, "nobody needs to have a gun like that PERIOD, no matter if you pass the background and have a million $$" was her answer.  She has been following too many bleeding heart sites.  I see both sides of the situation, but she sees only one!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »
did you see my other 10-22 on page 1 its all camo and stuff :yupyup:
except BACON

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
I want a AR15, but with the prices and the frenzy that is going on, I'm better off getting something else, like a shotty. 

just hafta find a good store like sportsmans warehouse.  i went in there after all this started and got an ar for a great price when everyone else was raising prices, even got it for 50 less than their usual price and 250 less than msrp
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Not in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho!!  If a store gets a shipment of guns or ammo, everybody texts all their friends, and it's picked clean within an hour.  I know of guys that walked out with entire shopping carts full of ammo, magazines, or guns.  The average price of a AR fully assembled and ready to buy off the shelf is around $1500. 
Got a buddy that moved to Bakersfield, and he texts us all the time saying their for sale down there for $600.  But Federal law states we can't buy it without going through a local FFL dealer, and they are gonna jack the price up to make their profit.  Check out www.Gunbroker.com and you will see what I'm talking about.  Or www.northwestfirearms.com

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #44 on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
AR 15 - cool gun, not sure if I "need" one ??? I have a MAS 49-56 semi auto WWII rifle that shoots a 7.62X51 I'm pretty sure that's more than I'm gonna need for anything.
except BACON

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »
 :disturbed:  I missed your camo'd 10/22, because it was last years post!!   :yupyup:  But it is sweet looking. 

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:19:05 AM »
:disturbed:  I missed your camo'd 10/22, because it was last years post!!   :yupyup:  But it is sweet looking. 

and because it was hard to see, cause it was all camo and stuff haha
When in doubt, skinny pedal!
Turd Box Build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50894.0

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #47 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »
and because it was hard to see, cause it was all camo and stuff haha

:spit:
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #48 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:18:19 AM »
Not in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho!!  If a store gets a shipment of guns or ammo, everybody texts all their friends, and it's picked clean within an hour.  I know of guys that walked out with entire shopping carts full of ammo, magazines, or guns.  The average price of a AR fully assembled and ready to buy off the shelf is around $1500. 
Got a buddy that moved to Bakersfield, and he texts us all the time saying their for sale down there for $600.  But Federal law states we can't buy it without going through a local FFL dealer, and they are gonna jack the price up to make their profit.  Check out www.Gunbroker.com and you will see what I'm talking about.  Or www.northwestfirearms.com

why they are gonna have to give them 'registered' guns up when big brother comes to get them :yupyup:
except BACON

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
All they have to say is I sold it!!   :thumbs:   Since there is no paperwork on private party transactions. 

I've got a feeling the federal gov is not really gonna ban them.  I think they are gonna just go after the magazines.  Why do I think that?  For the simple fact that out of the thousands upon thousands sold a week when people went crazy, there is no possible way the federal gov is gonna make these guys turn in every gun bought in the last 4 months!!  The feds don't have the money or means to implement a gun roundup without implementing Martial Law.  Which then will only turn the whole country against the Fed Gov.  Even during the Brady Bill, we still had high capacity mags, and semi auto rifles, was anybody jailed or imprisoned?  No, not a single person!!  So, how are they gonna implement anything?  I think most representatives are hoping things will just blow over, and everybody will just forget about it.  I'm all for a better background search, and I also feel that if you own a gun, you need to prove that you have a gun safe.  Reason I say that is, out of all the shootings lately, 95% of them have been done with a stolen weapon.  Why?  Because the owners were too stupid to lock them up.   

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #50 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
or I lost them all in a boating accident :yupyup:

and I agree
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
Took these out shooting today and man do I LOVE THIS GUN, shot perfect, easy to use, short throw reload, smooth bla bla bla . . . . lets just say it was nice and easy to use

this 10-22 shot perfect its dirty as hell cause its not been cared for until now (I have it) but non the less a good little gun

all in all we had a good weekend, did this on Saturday

:usa: :beerwhack:
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2013, 04:43:34 PM by *** YELLER *** »
except BACON

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2013, 07:40:54 PM »
Is that a disabled plate?

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #53 on: Feb 10, 2013, 07:54:46 PM »
Is that a disabled plate?

:yesnod: and I have a mobility chair for long distance walks, I take it off when I go wheelin' my DD :yupyup:
except BACON

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
I hate mud.  Cause you have to clean it off after you play.

The car washes hates us around here.  You have to go to the Splash and Dash and fill their recovery tanks full of mud!!  And work frowns upon when your truck drops big clods of mud in the parking lot..  :yupyup:

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #55 on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:58:05 PM »
I hate mud.  Cause you have to clean it off after you play.

The car washes hates us around here.  You have to go to the Splash and Dash and fill their recovery tanks full of mud!!  And work frowns upon when your truck drops big clods of mud in the parking lot..  :yupyup:

I hate it too but if ya drive thru the big puddle enough 99% of it washes off :yupyup;
except BACON

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Feb 11, 2013, 07:49:14 AM »
THE SCREAMIN EAGLE!