Author Topic: all-pro leafs  (Read 8684 times)

DFryou22

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
Re: all-pro leafs
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
O ok do u know where I can get a cheap body lift for a 1980 cuz Im not good at custom building stuff yet

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:06:38 PM »
theyr like 80 bucks preformance accerys selles them and summit  brand new but makin one is easy ive seen threads on pirate... hockey pucks are exactly 1 inch thick so buy enough for all your mounts to do a 1 2 or 3 inch lift which ever is prefered center drill all of them to the diameter of your mount bolts then get some fiberglass matting and resin stack the pucks together to the desired height and wrap with the matting coated in resin let harden paint and theyr done...next pull all of your mount bolts from one side of your truck bed included and got to a hardware store and buy grade 8 bolts that are 3 inches longer (or 1 or 2 depending on your lift) if they have the same thread pattern get them theyre gonna be a metric fine  if not buy bolts washers lockwashers and lock nuts... rember you need to buy 2 of everybolt you pull out of the truck to mirror on the other side another thing when installing a body lift loosen both sides ot the cab and bed befor jacking up on it so it doesnt  put the body in a bind
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »
Well for me the body lift would be easy since I have the body and bed off of the frame right now because I am doing a full rebuild of my truck. I have a build thread if u want to look at it.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=77649.0

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
O alright so if I go over 3 in of lift I will have to do the high steer and a new driveline
Nope, none of the drivetrain is moved with a BL. That being said I would not put a 3" BL on my riding lawn mower, I have seen them break through the belly pan from the added leverage on the body mount bolts. Do not forget with a 3" BL you will need to also relocate your radiator, do something about your brake lines coming from the MC, re-adjust your e-brake,make your steering shaft longer from the colmun the the box, and get a longer flex tube for your gas filler.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »
I agree w/ OOPS, body lifts are a big NO NO...not saying that it will happen but there's always a chance or possiblility of body roll and that can casue you to roll you truck too. Take your time and build it right the first time.

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »
see thats where i dissagree i have run bl'd on everything and ive never had one come through my floor body roll yes but its controlable if you kno about it if he buys a body lift from pa or summit it will come with all the nessassery relocation parts as well as the steering shaft extension and a firewall plate i was just throwing ideas out there so he could save some cash from doing the hi steer swap since that is pretty extensive mabuy go  some shakles and a spring with a 1inch bl and some fender trimming for his tires...another thing with the hockey puck lift theyr bigger than a normal lift block so they coner more area on your cab and mounts
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
I agree w/ OOPS, body lifts are a big NO NO...not saying that it will happen but there's always a chance or possiblility of body roll and that can casue you to roll you truck too. Take your time and build it right the first time.

You're an idiot. please dont ever give any more help or info to anyone else. Saying there is a possibility of body roll due to having a body lift is like saying water is wet. Suspension lift/body lift  there is going to be body roll.
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
Suspension lift/body lift  there is going to be body roll.
THANK YOU :bowdown:
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011, 09:40:31 PM by yotaneck13 »

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
Damn theres some fighting goin on in this thread, sorry for making all this tension but I ment if I go over 3in in suspension lift then I will have to go to high steer and drive line

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2011, 11:47:23 PM »
don't worry about it, there some people here that just can't except other peoples opinions except for theirs....Somebody needs to get laid...LOL

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Feb 16, 2011, 12:25:12 AM »
 :funny: ha ha :pokinit: cracks me up!
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

yota4x4sc

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 596
  • Member since Oct '10
  • Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
    • My YOTA Pics (click here)
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »
high steer is always a good call..but u can make the drive line work
:usa: 92 xcab, full width, 39.5 boggers, beadlocks, 60 f arb 5.86s , 60 r spool , duals, 4.7 rear... 3.sl0, bobed , all pro 6 inch leafs f and r :usa:

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
don't worry about it, there some people here that just can't except other peoples opinions except for theirs....Somebody needs to get laid...LOL

Im sorry how is it an opinion? Are you saying that if you go with a suspension lift instead of a body lift you wont get roll?
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
O ok I think I will go with high steer when the money comes but for now I might just do a shackle or add a leaf. If I do add a leaf how do I lift the front.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »
Suspension lift/body lift  there is going to be body roll.

What?  Oh right, like they both raise the center of gravity... oh, wait  :idea:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
What?  Oh right, like they both raise the center of gravity... oh, wait  :idea:

imagine that huh!
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Feb 16, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
so can someone tell me how if i do add a leaf on my truck doesnt add a leaf only add one to the rear. how does the front get lifted up.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #47 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:11:48 PM »
so can someone tell me how if i do add a leaf on my truck doesnt add a leaf only add one to the rear. how does the front get lifted up.
no, you can add a leaf to both front and rear.
with the body off the frame now is the time to make a decision on what you want to do.
what do you want the truck to do?  daily driver and weekend hunting fishing wheeling rig or or a hard core run the rubicon and laugh HAHAHA because what you want in the end result is the question you need to answer.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »
I want to make it a dd and a good offroad/rock crawler. But I don't have the money yet to do the high steer and everything else I have to do to do a good lift

Phazertwo

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 812
  • Member since Aug '05
  • So many yoda's, so little time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
IMO a body lift has less roll potential that a suspension lift. It only lifts the body, not the heavier drive line components, fuel tank, and frame. Where as a suspension lifts EVERYTHING except un-sprung weight.  FWIW I have a 1 inch body lift on my rig, but that is so I can get to stuff easier with my dumb ass lumber jack hands, and lift my t-cases a little higher for a flatter belly.

I started with a jeep when I was 16 and moved to a yota when I was 18. I spent ALLOT of time doing a frame up restoration on an 85 before I got a killer deal on my current truck.  IMO take your time on the frame up and make the parts that you know you will be keeping nice! (IE the interior, the frame, the front axle). Past that SAVE YOUR MONEY and do it nice the first time.  Don't bother with a lift until you can slap some high steer on that bad boy (push pull sucks for flex, and if you lift it much it sucks for flex and steering). I would do some RUF (rears up front), I am on my 3rd try with springs, and they are good, but not quite what I want. Nice thing is its SUPER easy to yank them and add or remove a leaf.

If I were you, I would finish the frame up, get a decent set of 31" tires (BFG AT's or KM2's would be my preference, not sure if the KM2s come that small yet), and order a aussie or lockrite locker. Build yourself some sliders, and other body armor to protect your sheet metal. I REALLY REALLY wish I would have done my t-cases before I did my lift. When I went to 35's I hated wheeling because I could not "crawl" things the way I wanted.  That little truck will surprise the hell outa you with a good set of tires and a locker in the rear!  If you do all of this you will have some time to save some $$$ and do some more research!

My $.02!

PZ

PS I have a rough country lift on my DD, and I hate it. Wish I would have left it stock.
92 xtra cab, with some stuff...

...why buy when you can build?

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
thanks phazertwo good info

1983 toylet

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 33
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Mar 14, 2011, 09:58:18 PM »
You can get some lift from longer shackles, they're pretty inexpensive but you wont get a full 3"
1983 Toyota/Chevy Conversion 35" BFG MT
2005 Tacoma 3" suspension lift 285/75/16 ProComp MTs

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Mar 15, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »
O alright

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Mar 15, 2011, 05:49:52 PM »
You can get some lift from longer shackles, they're pretty inexpensive but you wont get a full 3"
The problem with long shackles is on the front it messes with the pinion angle and the camber, on the rear it messes with the pinion angle.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Mar 15, 2011, 06:33:07 PM »
Well so what will I have to do if I do the shackle lift

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Mar 15, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
Well so what will I have to do if I do the shackle lift
Rear --- cut and relocate the spring perches on the housing.

Front --- Cut and turn the knuckle balls in the housing

If you use shackles longer then 4.5 bolt hole to bolt hole in the front and have a single t-case you may get D-shaft bind on full droop on the P. side.

There is more to lifting a rig the bolting on stuff, things have to be reset up. If not you will have an ill handling, vibrating POS that will also be dangerous to drive on the street.

DFryou22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »
alright thans for the good info oops