Author Topic: Coolant... EVERYWHERE!!!!  (Read 1048 times)

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Coolant... EVERYWHERE!!!!
« on: Jun 25, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »
So for a while my truck ('93 pickup, 4 cylinder 22re, 5 speed manual) has been idling really high and running kinda poorly and i couldn't figure out what it was. turns out the answer was really dumb and all it was was my radiator fluid was low. So i topped off my radiator with coolant and everything was honky doory for a few days until i step out of my truck and i smell coolant. i look underneath and coolant is EVERYWHERE!!!! it's coming from the passengers side underneath the intake. I was so mad i barely even looked for the leak. there's a huge leak somewhere and i'm hoping it's just a tube that blew off or something... anyways, i was hoping someone has had this problem before or knows of a weak link in the coolant system and knows somewhere that i could start checking. i don't think i could work on it right now without me blowing up too...

seems like every time i get this thing running good it wants to fight me on it! :maddest:
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Coolant... EVERYWHERE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
intake gasket?  :dunno:
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
There's some itty-bitty little coolant hoses under the intake manifold........... 

I used fuel-line and plumbing elbows to replace them.
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
There's some itty-bitty little coolant hoses under the intake manifold........... 

I used fuel-line and plumbing elbows to replace them.

actually, that was it... one of the clamps was too far back on the tube so it popped off.. simple solution thank goodness! problem solved!!!! for now...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy