Author Topic: well looks like i'm a terrorist  (Read 2727 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
well looks like i'm a terrorist
« on: Apr 16, 2009, 08:52:17 AM »
according to the government and our leaders MILITARY personnel, expecially those with combat skills such as infantry, special ops, and bombsquad (me) are highly likely to become terrorists after returning from deployments. also on that list are civilians that hold strong conservative views such as against gun control and believing the government is wasting our tax dollars and putting us into an extreme amount of debt. i wish this was a bs statement but its been on the news the past few days. thank you new administration/advisors for stabbing those in the back who have been keeping this country together
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: well looks like i'm a terrorist
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2009, 09:01:16 AM »
Me too!  :bananasplit:

I'm a "single issue" voter...I vote for freedom every time.

BTW...she, Napolitano, is the one thing Obama has done that I like...she was our governor!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »
Me three!  :gap:

Napolitano said the department respects and honors veterans and that she intends to meet with Rehbein next week after she returns from a tour of the U.S.-Mexico border and meetings in Mexico City.

Uh huh.  "Thanks for your service guys, but now we're keeping our eyes on you, you terrorist"  :eek:

I do think it strangely ironic that that assessment was given to law enforcement agencies.  The same agencies that often recruit or give hiring points to veterans of the armed services :gap: 
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2009, 10:21:17 AM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
 ::)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said she was briefed before the release of a controversial intelligence assessment and that she stands by the report sent to law enforcement that lists veterans as a terrorist risk to the U.S. and defines "rightwing extremism" as including groups opposed to abortion and immigration.

The outcry resulted in a demand from the head of the American Legion to meet with Ms. Napolitano, a request the DHS chief said she would honor next week when she returns to Washington from her current tour of the U.S.-Mexican border.

"The document on right-wing extremism sent last week by this department´s Office of Intelligence and Analysis is one in an ongoing series of assessments to provide situational awareness to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies on the phenomenon and trends of violent radicalization in the United States," Ms. Napolitano said in a statement.

"I was briefed on the general topic, which is one that struck a nerve as someone personally involved in the Timothy McVeigh prosecution," Ms. Napolitano said.

"Let me be very clear: we monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States. We don´t have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown, and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence," Ms. Napolitano said.

"We are on the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not — nor will we ever — monitor ideology or political beliefs. We take seriously our responsibility to protect the civil rights and liberties of the American people, including subjecting our activities to rigorous oversight from numerous internal and external sources," Ms. Napolitano said.

The nine-page document titled "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," has caused an outcry from veterans groups, Republican lawmakers and conservative activists.

"Rightwing extremism," the report defines in a footnote on Page 2, goes beyond religious and racial hate groups and extends to "those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely."

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," said the report, which also listed as suspect gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The American Legion on Tuesday criticized the report as unfairly stereotyping veterans.

"I am aware of the letter from American Legion National Commander (David) Rehbein, and my staff has already contacted him to set up a meeting next week once I return from travel. I will tell him face-to-face that we honor veterans at DHS and employ thousands across the department, up to and including the Deputy Secretary," Ms. Napolitano said.

"As the department responsible for protecting the homeland, DHS will continue to work with its state and local partners to prevent and protect against the potential threat to the United States associated with any rise in violent extremist activity," Ms. Napolitano said.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2009, 11:47:14 AM »
if enlisted in the air force, but haven't gone to basic yet, does that mean i am also a terrorist?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »
your willing to sign up for the military, meaning you have conservative values even if the job you go for is not a combat oriented field. you'll be on the watch list but not as closely observed as someone who is in a field that will encounter combat.

this actually pisses me off that our government has gotten this screwed up that the men and women who voluntarily sign up to defend this country are now being branded as suspected terrorists. talk about the government being paranoid and outta control.

USAF EOD tech

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »
do they get to play with live ammo and guns during basic? how long ago did you go through? guessing awhile if you already went through tech school..... they got rid of warrior week, and now basic is just called the beast, 8 and a half weeks long

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
Great  :shake:  This administration will have to learn the hard way, a very hard way.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:12:08 PM »
Great  :shake:  This administration will have to learn the hard way, a very hard way.

is some one advocating armed inserection?  :drooling:

or do you just mean that this adminastration just makes you hard?  :drooling:  :drooling:

A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
do they get to play with live ammo and guns during basic? how long ago did you go through? guessing awhile if you already went through tech school..... they got rid of warrior week, and now basic is just called the beast, 8 and a half weeks long

i started basic march 11th of 2008 so its been over a year now. we had 1 day of holding a live weapon (i hear its still the same time frame), you only get 100 rounds to fire. 50 for practice and 50 to qualify. that 1/2 week is 5-6 days just fyi.

yea no kidding on the government needing to learn the hard way. yall know how obama has been talking about bringing the troops home that are in iraq by 2010? its a little true but the troops aint comin home yet. being redirected to afghanistan, and troops wont begin to pull out until 2010, not before. his promise to not add or raise any taxes, who here smokes? noticed the higher prices that just popped up? what about the stimulus bill that went mostly to the banks to keep them from forclosing on houses that money was pocketed and forclosures are happening again arent they. with gun control pelosi stated today that she wants all guns registerred, even though support for gun control is at an all time low she wants to push it through since we have a democrat congress and executive branch. she states its not for snatching the weapons at a later date (pure bs), history has shown time and time again that when a government knows which of their citizens is armed they snatch the weapons soon after with the statement "to protect the public". hawaii has required their citizens to register their weapons for decades in an attempt to help with homicide investigations. NOT ONCE has a registered weapon helped the police find the murderer, same with armed robbery. criminals dont register their guns, gun control advocates dont seem to understand that

USAF EOD tech

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Hey, watch what your saying on the net. big brother mite be watching.  :eye:  :eye:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2009, 07:16:43 PM »
is some one advocating armed inserection?  :drooling:

or do you just mean that this adminastration just makes you hard?  :drooling:  :drooling:

Don't ask about his erection...you're nothin' but a letch!  :tantrum:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
Nope, I'm just saying they're going to end up freakin' the country up so bad before people will be forced to pull their heads out of their asses and see how backword their craptastic leaders really are. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »
We were screwed no matter who was gonna be our pres.  They both were gonna throw money to everybody that had their corporate hands out.  And we the taxpayers are the ones that is gonna bail it all out.  Under Bush's "No Child Left Behind Act" it allowed the government to start profiling children in grade school.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »
this actually pisses me off that our government has gotten this screwed up that the men and women who voluntarily sign up to defend this country are now being branded as suspected terrorists. talk about the government being paranoid and outta control.
X2

You've got to be severely messed up to go and list the people who are putting their own lives on the line by choice as threats to security. They just got back from the last place they would want to be, protecting people they don't even know and never will, leaving behind family and friends and now you want to call them a terrorist...that's such bull**** it makes me mad and embarrassed. The decision makers in this country need to go back to that fork in the road and think long and hard about what they're doing, and how they're alienating the people they are "serving"  :headshake:

Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 17, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »
how they're alienating the people they are "serving"  :headshake:

rather, how they are alienating the people SERVING THEM

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »
technically politicians are public servants though that is hardly the case by any stretch, but yes also alienating service men and women is implied

I wonder if they realize who keeps them alive every time they leave this country
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #19 on: Apr 17, 2009, 05:02:47 PM »
We were screwed no matter who was gonna be our pres.  They both were gonna throw money to everybody that had their corporate hands out.  And we the taxpayers are the ones that is gonna bail it all out.  Under Bush's "No Child Left Behind Act" it allowed the government to start profiling children in grade school.

oh yes we were screwed with either choice its not just him its our entire congress. the no child left behind act was started with clinton and nobody (of our leaders) seems to think its a bad idea, when in fact its horrible. if a kid cant make the grades fail them, dont drag down everybody elses education to make them feel better. but thats for another thread.

talon i dont think they have any clue who protects them or how they are protected. they live in their little shell and believe the world revolves around them, its that simple.

USAF EOD tech

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 19, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
Yep, I'm a terrorist too then...  I'm a constitutionalist, a conservative, and I believe in GOD.  But I'm even MORE dangerous because I HAVE A GARDEN!!!  :yikes:

:_oops:
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
But I'm even MORE dangerous because I HAVE A GARDEN!!!  :yikes:

Me too, guess that makes us ultra terrorists  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2009, 09:22:01 PM »
Me too, guess that makes us ultra terrorists  :dunno:

No, that makes you both Eco-terrorists.  :yikes: