Author Topic: I love discount stores!  (Read 2957 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I love discount stores!
« on: Nov 07, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
We got one here a little less than a year ago and I didn't go for a while, but one of my coworkers said he went and started finding good deals on some outdoors and shooting stuff so I went.  I've got so many good deals on fishing lures, like $.50 - $1 for $6-8 lures, plus quite a few other good deals.  I recently found some butler creek flip open scope caps for $1 and snagged 3 or 4, despite the fact that they don't look like they'll fit any of my scopes  :haha:  Another of my good finds were uncle mike's detachable sling swivels for $2, snagged another 2 or 3 of them.

Today took the cake though.  I was poking around the horribly unorganized sporting goods isle and saw this Carolina Archery Systems arrow rest just laying on the shelf, no box, no price tag, just the rest.  I snagged it, looked around and found a set of bushnell .22/airgun scope rings and sound deadening/magnifying ear plugs and walked to the front.  I thought it was missing part of the mount and figured somebody stole it, so I was guessing they'd sell it pretty cheap.  When I got to the front I told the girl at the register I was interested in it but thought it might be missing parts, she asked what it was then went and asked the manager, came back and told me 50 cents  :yikes: 

Ofcourse I said yes, came home and checked and everything was there!  This site shows it going for $40, but another site had it at $32, but either way I may as well have stolen it!  I try to go to that place once a week, but will go every time I'm in town cause they put out new stuff almost every day.  They get their stuff from a few different places, but for the most part it seems they get it from fred meyer and trader joe's.

Sorry, forgot to attach pic and link.   http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2781520
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2008, 08:16:58 PM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: I love discount stores!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »
sweet! is this jsut a mom and pop store? or is this actually liek a chain store liek a macfrugals or somehting?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »
Nope, it's an outlet for fred meyer's, trader joe's and whatever other stores they're affiliated with.  If it were a mom and pop store I'd probably tell them when their prices were too low!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2008, 05:55:21 PM »
I SOOOOOOOOOOOO WANT TO MOVE TO REDDING!!  :rivers:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
Man, I STILL don't know why you love this area so much, but if you move here I'll start duck hunting with you... if you wear a chastity belt and let me hide the key  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2008, 07:22:01 PM »
Nate, why didn't you tell me about this place when I was down there??  :slap:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »
Dude, you live in oregon.  You get ALL the good deals already  :haha: , mr. Icangointoagunstoreandwalkoutwithmygunthesameday!!  Seriously, I never even thought of it... sorry mang  :therethere:
RIP KYOTA

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
This also helps when I have a concealed weapons permit too!!  :yesnod:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
Man, I STILL don't know why you love this area so much,

He wants to hunt your mallard!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)