Author Topic: The "We All Hate Imports" Thread  (Read 4451 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
The "We All Hate Imports" Thread
« on: Aug 29, 2007, 07:33:32 PM »
Ok I am officially pissed! :maddest: Why do people insist on bashing me and my rig just because it is a Toyota! Today I had a whole group of kids standing around my truck, and when I went to get into it, the all started yelling at me, and calling me things like "Jap Lover" and stuff. And my auto teacher hates imports! He wont let me work on it in class, because "it's not american." Anybody else have problems like this?? It is really pissing me off! I am just waiting for one of them to do anything to me or my truck. Then the 3/4 in ratchet is coming out, and they better be ready for a can of whoop ass to be opened on them or their cars! I am so mad!!! Please tell me I am not the only one who gets made fun of for what I drive!

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
Re: The "We All Hate Imports" Thread
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2007, 07:37:35 PM »
just tell them that Toyota has more new manufacturing plants in the U.S. than the big 3(Chevy/dodge/ford) combined! Then ask why all those pretty new "American cars" are built in Mexico...that should shut them up!

then ask them how often they hear of a 80 Chevy/ford/dodge running the stock engine with around 500k miles on it. They will probably say they see them but not to many. as opposed to my yota that ran 1/2 million miles on the stock engine, the last 100k rock crawling in the worst conditions u can think of, most every toy. owner i offroad with has a motor with over 200k on it.

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2007, 08:21:29 PM »
Tell them that you didn't buy the truck new  :shake: You didn't give your money to the Japanese auto maker, the original owner did. Now that you have it, the money you spend on it to build it up is stuff that is made in the US. Also tell your autoshop teacher that teaching HATE in the classroom isn't cool. You might want to goto the principal & let he/she know what happened at your truck so that if there is a problem they are awhere ahead of time  :twocents:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

eazy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »
yep i get it too i'm a union carpenter and i have to put up with it every where werk the union hall,carpenters apprentice school people are just ignorant...

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2007, 08:30:34 PM »
I really don't have many problems...I mean, people give me :pokinit:, but I dish it right back to them.I've learned to turn their :bull crap: back at them.  Most of them are jeep or chevy guys.  The only jeep guys that give me crap, I wheel with anyway...and I live in a cowboy town.

Actually, I was coming home from work a couple months ago, and a guy I know was flagging me down on the side of the road...with a broken down 3/4 ton 4x4 chevy.  I pull over and it went like this:
him " does your toy have any balls?"
me "why"
my buddie's chevy broke...can you tow me home?
sure...you gotta strap.

anyhow, I hooked up to him and pulled his :pokinit: like it wasn't even there.  He came into my store the next day and I asked if his truck had any balls, and he said "I don't know, but yours sure does...do you have a turbo or what?

anyway, long story short: don't worry about them until they screw with your truck...and definitely talk to somebody about your auto teacher.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »
No offense to Mark and Diane...but, whenever Jeep guys give me crap, I just ask them if they also sell men's trucks where they bought the Jeep.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
No offense to Mark and Diane...but, whenever Jeep guys give me crap, I just ask them if they also sell men's trucks where they bought the Jeep.
:ha_ha: :haha: :laugh: :joke: :rofl2:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2007, 12:13:34 AM »
I'm sure they won't take offense since theirs was built not bought.  :thumbs:  :beerchug:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2007, 12:19:19 AM »
I'm sure they won't take offense since theirs was built not bought.  :thumbs:  :beerchug:

They've probably never had it in to Desert Rat.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »
I get loads of :pokinit: about my toyota, especialy since i'm in the Utard state with Moad just a couple of hour's away. Every :moon: hole out there think's there stock Jeep is the biggest and best thing in the whole entire world.

I just take it to the rocks and trails... if they think there so damn good and so much better than me, then they should feel comfortable taking on my stock Toyota.... most people don't take my offer  :yupyup:

military_stang
:respect:

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2007, 08:29:34 AM »
That's unheard of!!!,That's just crazy I've never got any :pokinit: because of what I drive.Just the ocasional little jokes between friends when I had the Jeep but that's between buddies.I've never had a group of punks talking trash and making fun of something I drove...I guess you guys must be dorks  :rofl2:  .

J/K man,seriously though I've never heard of anything like that exept Val Villa,the guy in High School that drove a Pinto.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2007, 08:51:34 AM »
That's unheard of!!!,That's just crazy I've never got any :pokinit: because of what I drive.Just the ocasional little jokes between friends when I had the Jeep but that's between buddies.I've never had a group of punks talking trash and making fun of something I drove...I guess you guys must be dorks  :rofl2:  .

J/K man,seriously though I've never heard of anything like that exept Val Villa,the guy in High School that drove a Pinto.
that's what I was thinkin'.    :joke: :hahaha: :talkingn: :laugh: :haha: :ha_ha:

People don't F' with guys like us Infernal cause we look like a couple'a  :bandit: :bandit::haha:  people don't mess with guys like that.  :sheerterror:  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :beerchug:

Or maybe because the sticker on my tailgate reads, "Oh, I understand...    ...I just don't care!"   :joke: :joke: :joke:

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »
I can't really relate to this...every time I drive my Toyota around town people just stare with a confused look, or ask for my autograph. :greengrin:

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2007, 09:06:48 AM »
People don't F' with guys like us Infernal cause we are a couple'a  :bandit: :bandit::haha:  people don't mess with guys like that.  :sheerterror:  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :beerchug:
Fixed it for ya. :greengrin:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »

No offense taken at all, AT! If we weren't in the Orlando Jeep Club Mark would probably put that "I get the Jeep thing, that's why I use Toyota parts" custom bumper sticker on the Mammoth. Or how about the 'I got the Jeep thing, now it burns when I pee'  :rofl:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #16 on: Aug 30, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
i had a guy  a  couple months ago  give me :pokinit:  when i pulled in  with a couple old frig's  at the scrap yard,  he had a old 1 ton ford truck,  long story short  i told him to kiss my left :lipsrsealed:

a couple days later  i was there just hangin out  and this same guy came walking up the road, :rofl:  he was dragging a  old school bus in  and  busted his transmission

he wanted my buddy Chris  to go down with his 05 Dodge dually  with a  peppy Cummins  ,  Chris  said  he didnt have time  and said  "maybe Glen will pull you in with his toyota"  :rofl2:

so i took him back down there,  he was like  well i guess   at least you can try

he got in his truck  and  i  took off,   it was tough  but i wasnt about to ease up, 1st gear with the crawler in low,  and  after a little slip of the rear tire i was off and  moving,  even grabbed second gear,  so here i go  dragging this old 1 ton wrecker  with a  like 1940's  school bus behind it,   when i went down the street  the peiople  actually came out of there houses 

at some point  it got easier  to move,   he  actually  admitted  that he had kept it  in gear  trying to keep me from going,  but realised  it was useless 

i didnt realise till i got  into the scrap yard  and looked back  that all 4 tires on the back of the bus were flat

NOBODY  has said JACK  about the yota since
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 30, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »
Thats what I'm talking about  :nana: :rockingout:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 30, 2007, 12:02:22 PM »
I like to Drive!

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 30, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »
:rofl: thats awsome Glen, wow.. i can't wait till i can do that in my yota!!!!

military_stang

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 30, 2007, 01:13:22 PM »
It's a Jap thing...You wouldnt understand! I've only had one person ever say anything to me...it was like some 19 year old kid..didnt really bother me that much...I actually thought about painting a rising sun on the hood but thought it might stir up more drama.....I know eazy catches :pokinit: on his construction site as well as a couple other buddies that work on construction sites.....They said after the construction workers all saw how well the trucks worked in mud, rocks  and snow on the sites they pretty much shut up!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2007, 06:35:14 PM »
 :headscratch: I've never had an issue with the origin of my rig, I do get :pokinit: that it is IFS but I understand that one but then I just show 'em what an IFS can do, and that's just about anything a straight axle can, just at a different angle.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 30, 2007, 08:30:49 PM »
Never had anybody give me too much crap really.  My coworkers did until we went out playin in the mud one day and my boss got his full size jeep stuck.  Hooked up the yota and pulled him outa the goop.  They gave him :pokinit: for a few years about it and he'd always just say "I'm glad he was there with his yota cause he pulled me out!".  Any time after that they gave me :pokinit: they'd always catch themselves and remind each other about that day.  They were kinda surprised how I just kept it redlined the whole time, they thought I'd just girl thingy foot around :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #23 on: Aug 30, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »
:rofl: thats awsome Glen, wow.. i can't wait till i can do that in my yota!!!!

military_stang
i only wish someone had  taken a pic  :down:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 30, 2007, 08:48:39 PM »
i had a guy  a  couple months ago  give me :pokinit:  when i pulled in  with a couple old frig's  at the scrap yard,  he had a old 1 ton ford truck,  long story short  i told him to kiss my left :lipsrsealed:

a couple days later  i was there just hangin out  and this same guy came walking up the road, :rofl:  he was dragging a  old school bus in  and  busted his transmission

he wanted my buddy Chris  to go down with his 05 Dodge dually  with a  peppy Cummins  ,  Chris  said  he didnt have time  and said  "maybe Glen will pull you in with his toyota"  :rofl2:

so i took him back down there,  he was like  well i guess   at least you can try

he got in his truck  and  i  took off,   it was tough  but i wasnt about to ease up, 1st gear with the crawler in low,  and  after a little slip of the rear tire i was off and  moving,  even grabbed second gear,  so here i go  dragging this old 1 ton wrecker  with a  like 1940's  school bus behind it,   when i went down the street  the peiople  actually came out of there houses 

at some point  it got easier  to move,   he  actually  admitted  that he had kept it  in gear  trying to keep me from going,  but realised  it was useless 

i didnt realise till i got  into the scrap yard  and looked back  that all 4 tires on the back of the bus were flat

NOBODY  has said JACK  about the yota since

Thats badass! :yupyup: Glen-------> :adoration:
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »
I love those type of stories Glen, one time going to the Dusy my motorhome vapor locked climbing that long steep hill to the top (those that have been there know the hill I'm talking about), I decided to unload my 4Runner and pull it up the rest of the way to get it out of the roadway. Everyone laughed including the Sheriff's Deputy that was directing traffic around me. I unloaded my truck and hooked up to my mh and drug that sucker to the top. They quit laughing the minute the strap tightened and the mh started moving. Oh and my 4Runner had an auto and it was a 4 cyl.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

fatt_matt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 545
  • Member since Mar '07
  • jeeps and toys can get along
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
jap crap.

HA!
Jeep

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:31:13 PM »
Sounds like some of you guys deal with unedjumecated rednecks on a pretty regular basis.  Some people are just plain ignert (often by choice), and some people just lead crappy lives and need someone to blame it on.  Must be the Jappnese with them damn pieceacrap Jappnese imports, dammit.  :headscratch:

Toyota/import hatred isn't a problem for me...since I work at a Toyota dealership...but considering I drive an MR2, the biggest threat is co-workers will fullsize rigs joking about using it as a launch ramp for their trucks.  No comment BTW on how the MR2 does in rocks or mud, but it's a pretty excellent snow car if you are comfortable with oversteer..!  :burnout: