Author Topic: sad sad evening!!!!!  (Read 1762 times)

rednk1980

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
sad sad evening!!!!!
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
I just herd that a buddy of mine i've know since i was little was in a car accident at around 9:30 tonight. He was riding his Motorcycle when a lady t-boned him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.  :down: He was only 17 and a junior in high school. So sad that someone so young just left this great world. He was a good family friend and a realy nice guy. He will be missed by all who knew him.
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

mima

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 151
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Re: sad sad evening!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:40:21 PM »
ya... i've known a few people that that has happened to... its very sad and affects so many people... its just crazy that you're never safe on the roads. my condolences....
85 yota, 4 in AP, 529s and detroits f&r, 35 in bfg mt, bed bobbed 12 in, AP winch bumper, warn 9000xdi

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:53:12 PM »
dude im sorry to hear that motorcycles are crazy they get in alot of accidents! i wish well to his family and yours!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 11:37:55 PM »
I think I speak for everybody on the board when I say give his family best wishes from the marlin board :thumbs:

I hate to hear of any motorbike related death, but sadly they happen :down:  Hopefully his family doesn't develop a disdain for motorbikes and their riders.  Shortly before I wrecked I told my parents something I'd thought but never actually said.  I just wanted them to know that if I died while riding I died doing something I love and wouldn't want it any other way.  Shortly thereafter I crashed at a little under 100mph and hit my head hard enough to not have any recollection of any of the day's activities until late afternoon/early evening.  It was a great reality check but I had a feeling of contention for having told my parents what I had.

Let this stand as a sad reminder of how important it is to be constantly observant of everybody else while riding.  Assume everybody is out to get you and you'll ride longer and happier :biked:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

rednk1980 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 11:41:22 PM »
Thanks guys for the good words, im still pretty much in shock, this just happened a few hours ago. It wasn't his fault at all, the lady wasn't paying attention and ran right into him, the police said he wasn't even speeding as far as they could tell.
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:46:19 PM »
Dude, I've said it before and I'll say it again.  If I got a dollar for every time somebody has looked DIRECTLY AT ME, seemingly making eye contact then STILL pull out right smack in front of me I could buy some marlin bling for sure.  Sadly it's usually older women too.  Had a socker mom in a way-too-big-for-her superduty watch for a few seconds as I approached the intersection then pull half way out into my lane and stop all of a sudden, never taking her eyes off me.  I just shook my head, looked right at her and tapped my head signalling "think lady"  :shake:  Doubt it did any good, her facial expression never changed.

Way way too many bike accidents/deaths are cause by irresponsible cagers, and worse yet so many of them get away with it cause they just say the biker was speeding :maddest:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »
Way way too many bike accidents/deaths are cause by irresponsible cagers, and worse yet so many of them get away with it cause they just say the biker was speeding :maddest:

:werd:

I've seen people do some of the stupidest things around bikes.  :headshake:

Rednk1980, you've got my sincerest condolences.  Its always terrible when someone so young gets taken from us, and even more so when it was something that could have been easily avoided with a little bit of attention.  My prayers go out to his family and friends

:down:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2007, 03:00:29 AM »
Sorry to hear!  When you ride a motorcycle you are working you butt off, just watching for cars, let alone making sure you have an escape route just in case!  A co-worker had a gal t-bone him on his Harley once.  He now can't go through metal detectors without setting them off!  Periodically, he has to have screws/pins replaced, as they will work their way out! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2007, 07:03:36 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. It is sad when a young, bright life is taken from us. send our deepest condolences to his family and friends from us on the board.
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »
Sorry to hear about your friend bro.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #10 on: Jun 01, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »
Wow, that is a pretty sad evening. I am sorry to hear about your friend.

I enjoyed reading nates comments. I also hope his family does not develop a disdain for motorbikes and their riders. I've been riding my Bicycle to work this week (driving my truck today) so I feel like I have not ridden my motorcycle for an eternity. I love my motorcycle, and I also greatly appreciate that my family trusts me riding it, 2 years strong with no drops or spills. A friend of mine was riding a BRAND NEW R6 to college and a lady was making a U-Turn. He said that they both made complete eye contact and that the lady even seemed to wait until the last moment to pull out in front of him. He swerved to the sidewalk and collided with a parked car, and the lady STILL proceeded with her U-Turn and just drove on down the road like nothing happened. They never found out who she was, and I think he had to pay out of his pocket for the damage done to the parked car, not to mention it totaled the R6 which had show-room miles on it.

I always slow down and Always assume that they will pull out in front of me. At least on a bike, if I slow down, its very easy to just speed back up to cruising speed.

I will keep your friend's family in my prayers. Hopefully these stories help to let us all know to be more observant while motoring (bikers and cages alike).

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2007, 07:46:48 PM »
Sad to hear, I used to only have a bike when I was younger it was my main transportation. When I got married and had a few too many close calls I decided for my families sake I would step off the bike. I think about getting another one for the street but in the end I'm scared shitless to ride on the street anymore.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2007, 01:38:21 AM »
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My best wishes are with you, his family and friends. Less than 3 months ago a good friend of mine passed away in a 4 wheeling accident. I am just glad it seems like his death was quick and he did not have to suffer like my friend did. Take care of yourself and most importantly dont let his memory fade away. Rest in peace.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting