Author Topic: Latest Firefox issues  (Read 4215 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Latest Firefox issues
« on: Oct 18, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »
It's running slow, super slow!  I'll click a tab to open another post or craigslist ad and it hangs forever, and I've noticed my pics are all grainy and pixelated now.  Anybody else having these issues with the latest version?  I think it's like 3.6.10 or  :dunno:

Everything was 100% fine before I downloaded the latest version, and I looked through some of the help articles and saw others having the same issues.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Firefox issues
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »
we got rid of firefox to many damn problem's
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »
Goto Tools

then Add-ons

then Extensions

Uninstall all but the latest Java Console..... 

Helped me.

For some reason the updates don't get rid of previous version.
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »
It's running slow, super slow!  I'll click a tab to open another post or craigslist ad and it hangs forever, and I've noticed my pics are all grainy and pixelated now.  Anybody else having these issues with the latest version?  I think it's like 3.6.10 or  :dunno:

Everything was 100% fine before I downloaded the latest version, and I looked through some of the help articles and saw others having the same issues.

Correct, 3.6.10
I am having hella issues with it as well.... not as bad as IE though... thats a lost cause.

But i also have this issue with Firefox on the forum... havent noticed others yet?

Notice the site controls running together with the page directory? I cant seem to fix that no matter the page layout/setup
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2010, 05:16:08 AM »
Firefox was my favorite until about a month ago when it tryed to take out my computer completly. Took almost a week to even be able to use internet explorer.  A second icon appeared for Firefox but none would work, even tryed to unistall it and it would not even do that. Tryed to fix it with Stinger, Lavasoft and several other programs but to no avail. My brother thinks that FF may have a worm or something.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2010, 05:40:35 AM »
Firefox was my favorite until about a month ago when it tryed to take out my computer completly. Took almost a week to even be able to use internet explorer.  A second icon appeared for Firefox but none would work, even tryed to unistall it and it would not even do that. Tryed to fix it with Stinger, Lavasoft and several other programs but to no avail. My brother thinks that FF may have a worm or something.

Holy smokes, makes me want an Apple more n more. they dont have near the amount of issues as Microsoft OS's
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:55:42 AM »
I don't know squat about computers... but have been running Firefox for years without issue until downloading their latest "improved version" and it's been slow as hell ever since.  :mad:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
Same here!  I did do what emsvitil suggested, removing everything I didn't think I needed, and so far it seems to be running much faster and not hanging as much, but it still does and picture quality is still horrid.  Tried contacting their support and it's a joke!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »
Same here!  I did do what emsvitil suggested, removing everything I didn't think I needed, and so far it seems to be running much faster and not hanging as much, but it still does and picture quality is still horrid.  Tried contacting their support and it's a joke!

I hate going to updates sometimes.
hmmm they need a useful patch for this problem..

anyone have any idea on the picture i posted... on whats going on?

Could it be due to my 42" HDTV I use as my monitor? its at aspect Ratio 1920 x 1080.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »
I don't know, maybe it's just not formatted right for the screen  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
I know this is off subject but I'm running FireFox (not sure what version) but why are some of the words highlighted as a hyperlink? For example, in the "Product Technical Support", "Technical Support" is a hyperlink on my screen. When I read some of the posts by other members there are some hyperlinks. Is that a setting I can change or is this done by the webmaster of the site? This happens on other sites too.For me it's irritating and I don't like the hyperlinks. I hope I'm not hijackin.
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2010, 02:51:41 PM »
It's a setting i do believe.... how to change it, idk
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
I did what emsvitil suggested above.... only thing I had extra was the Yahoo toolbar. Not sure how I ever got it in the first place, and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. It's gone now (thanks!) and so far so good. Dunno why that would slow my computer down, but it's working better now.

Besides loading pages slowly, it had become very slow to react when I clicked on the "Bookmarks" button at the top of the page. Now it's instantaneous. Hope it stays that way.

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »
Well I check this site on my kids computer and that FireFox doesn't have the hyperlinks like mine. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of that setting  :headscratch:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
FireFox is simply a program. It will not go rouge on you and try to take out your computer.  :greengrin:

You probably have a virus, a worm, or a browser hijacker (one of the worst to remove), or even be a zombie bot.   

:headscratch:  I have 3.6.10 installed on 3 of my computers without any issues. One was a clean FF install and the other two were upgrades. I wonder what else could be going on.  What OS are you running? On my Linux box, if I do not turn off IPv6 I have the same slowness and hanging problem. By default I turn that off since it is not needed on my windows boxes yet.

Correct, 3.6.10
I am having hella issues with it as well.... not as bad as IE though... thats a lost cause.

But i also have this issue with Firefox on the forum... havent noticed others yet?

Notice the site controls running together with the page directory? I cant seem to fix that no matter the page layout/setup

I use to get that a lot, but only on this forum, something to do with the way this forum is rendered by FF. Not sure why it went away though.
I like to Drive!

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
I did what emsvitil suggested above.... only thing I had extra was the Yahoo toolbar. Not sure how I ever got it in the first place, and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. It's gone now (thanks!) and so far so good. Dunno why that would slow my computer down, but it's working better now.

A lot of programs like java will put that in there automatically when you update or install if you don't uncheck it.  It's tricky and I don't like the way they do that.
I like to Drive!

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2010, 11:05:21 AM »
Holy smokes, makes me want an Apple more n more. they dont have near the amount of issues as Microsoft OS's

i love my mac cant wait to get a desktop one soon
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 20, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »
I will politely disagree.  They have their issues.
I like to Drive!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 20, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
Well, an update for 3.6.11 just popped up and I'm currrently retrieving the bug list to see what it fixes before I download it, and I don't see 1 addressing any of the aforementioned issues so  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #19 on: Oct 20, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »
Mine downloaded too.... we'll see what it does.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »
It appears to be working a little smoother, but my picture issues are still there. 
RIP KYOTA

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 20, 2010, 08:14:51 PM »
Nate, fwiw I don't have a problem with pics being grainy and pixelated -- nor have I had, other than the rare case when I just need to reload a page for some unknown reason.  :dunno:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:01:06 PM »
Yea, my issue revolves around having high speed dialup, which works faster by not fully loading images and other stuff, but it always loaded pics in full quality with firefox before the latest updates.  It's something within the latest update which is blocking it from loading pics in full quality, just need to dig it up.
RIP KYOTA

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #23 on: Oct 21, 2010, 04:35:41 AM »
FireFox is simply a program. It will not go rouge on you and try to take out your computer.  :greengrin:

You probably have a virus, a worm, or a browser hijacker (one of the worst to remove), or even be a zombie bot.

Yeah tell that to my program that won't even open or uninstall, it just sits there staring at me laughing, taunting me, making me feel all nervous. :gap:

Finally have my puter running again, well all except Firefox, can't uninstall it can't reinstall it, can't open it, like I said it just sits there making fun of me.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »
Well, after dealing with the picture issues and the constant lockups, I finally downgraded, or upgraded, to the prior version.  Everything works now and I see pictures in full quality again  :screwy:  I'd contact firefox to let them know, but it seems everything goes through a community run board so it wouldn't even get back to them.
RIP KYOTA