Author Topic: tundra 4.7l motor swap  (Read 19176 times)

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
Re: tundra 4.7l motor swap
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
I know this swap is possible & has been done, I met a guy named Ben who worked at Roseville Toyota a few years back, he swapped a 4.7 into his 94 pickup, I rode in the truck & its badass!  He bought the bellhousing kit from Australia, he also did all the engine wiring himself.  He told me he beat on it pretty hard & all the axles/tranny, etc were all holding up to the abuse!  I would personally love to have that motor in my Runner, anyone know if Offroad solutions has a harness for the 4.7?
offroad solutions is out of business! I am sure the wiring is very similar to the 3rz & 5vz-fe swaps which is really quite simple.... I have been looking into the stuff and still debating weather I want to do the swap or just stick to the 5vz....
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

wslytoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 308
  • Member since Aug '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
ORS is DOA... get it? They are shutting or have already shut their doors. Sorry chief.

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »
ORS is DOA... get it? They are shutting or have already shut their doors. Sorry chief.
read the above post and you will see that I just mentioned that!
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2009, 06:43:10 AM »
after reading  and seeing suggestions from Australia.  I would look for out of state for parts for the tranny ( im sure you have)  they get all the cool toys  there might be a manual tranny for that moter just not available to the U.S.A 
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2009, 09:30:09 AM by unclejsdayoff »
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

wslytoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »
read the above post and you will see that I just mentioned that!

well congratulations... you read the whole post before posting something... Somebody give this guy a

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »
LOl those cookies sure look good,   but We have been frowning on the e-drama  a few people have been ban lately  lets keep it clean :gap:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »
well congratulations... you read the whole post before posting something... Somebody give this guy a
I started the thread there buddy! lets keep on topic

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

wslytoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2009, 05:16:39 PM »
I started the thread there buddy! lets keep on topic

what's your point? I was just stating something that you had already said b/c I didn't click on the 2nd page. Get over yourself. Now, back on topic. Yes, you can put an R150 behind a 1UZ, 2UZ, or 3UZ. In theory you could take an auto bellhousing, cut the mounting flange(engine side) off and take an R150 bellhousing and cut the mounting flange(engine side) off and marry the auto flange w/ the 5spd bellhousing. Of course, you'd wanna make sure your input length was correct. Sounds like it'd be easier to get some parts from Australia though... but you'll probably wait for a while.

dweinberg01

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:59:48 AM »
Try hittin up the guys over at uzswap.com. They might have some good tricks or be able to tell you which tranny is compatible.

dweinberg01

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Apr 08, 2009, 12:44:13 PM »
Nevermind. :smack:

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #40 on: Apr 08, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
:thumbs:

http://www.rodshop.com.au/trans_conversions/4wd_trans.htm

1UZ-FE V8 to Hilux or LC 5 Speed :yupyup:

They in Castlemaine, Australia
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Apr 08, 2009, 10:07:25 PM »
ORS went out of business but I will soon have wiring harnesses up for sale for the 3rz, 5vz and 1&2uz motors.... I am trying to source the connectors to build them now...

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

joshuajmurray

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #43 on: Apr 10, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »
Marlin is probably talking to big mike about figuring up what would have to be done to a gearbox to strengthen it up to make it handle the output of the v-8, and oh, yeah, what would be the most likely candidate for a tranny, and can I make a bellhousing to mate them, and what flywheel...  :willynilly:

:hahaha:

Marlin and Big Mike: the design demons!

Guys I can assure you that the R tranny that Marlin builds will handle the V8 power. These things are good for about 799-800 HP and a tone of torque.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
too bad I would never buy a marlin tranny!!! I have heard of way too many people who have troubles with them and I know its a pain in the ass to get them fixed and you have to R&R it yourself with no reimbursement if there is an issue! I will pass on that and build my own trans

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Apr 10, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Really?  I've honestly only heard of a couple people with issues with a marlin tranny.  I'd definately be interested in seeing info on more people with issues!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Apr 11, 2009, 04:58:47 AM »
just search! I am not one to try and knock their parts I just prefer to build my own then if there are any issues its my own fault... :twocents:

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Apr 11, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
No thanks, you're the one saying way too many people had troubles with them, you provide the links to back your statement  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Apr 11, 2009, 11:04:52 PM »
No thanks, you're the one saying way too many people had troubles with them, you provide the links to back your statement  :thumbs:
I have no reason to provide links to anything .... who sais the people I know who are having troubles are even on the board I know people with rigs in real life too! lets get back on topic already  :slap:

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '04
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #49 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:30:51 PM »
too bad I would never buy a marlin tranny!!! I have heard of way too many people who have troubles with them and I know its a pain in the ass to get them fixed and you have to R&R it yourself with no reimbursement if there is an issue! I will pass on that and build my own trans

Are you looney, what do you mean, its hard to get them serviced. How many other people in the world do you know that would drive to your house regardless of where in the US you live just to fix something thats bad on your tranny. Anyother company would have told your ass to ship it back to them. Which would cost you money. Not Marlin this man will drive to your house to fix it. He did for me and I personally know of about 4 others when something broke or went wrong that he himself drove out to there place to fix.

And if you think that you can build a better tranny than that man, one: you're on crack and two: then you better open your own shop, cause if you can then you're not of this world.

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '04
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #50 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
I back Marlin all the way and there is a dam good reason for it.

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »
Are you looney, what do you mean, its hard to get them serviced. How many other people in the world do you know that would drive to your house regardless of where in the US you live just to fix something thats bad on your tranny. Anyother company would have told your ass to ship it back to them. Which would cost you money. Not Marlin this man will drive to your house to fix it. He did for me and I personally know of about 4 others when something broke or went wrong that he himself drove out to there place to fix.

And if you think that you can build a better tranny than that man, one: you're on crack and two: then you better open your own shop, cause if you can then you're not of this world.
alright dude whatever! I never said I can build a tranny better than marlin you need to learn to read!! as I said before lets get back on topic.... I just stated that I would not buy one and thats it... you ranting on will not make me change my mind I am the kind of guy who likes to build my own :pokinit: so just deal with it I see from your sig you have plenty of money to buy all the expensive goodies and thats cool if thats what you like to do! so until someone has some good info regarding the swap this thread is about how about you just shut up!

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 33
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »
Sounds like Pirate over here :thumbdown: :blah:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
I have no reason to provide links to anything ....

You're right, providing anything factual to back your statements would be idiotic on your part...  :thumbs: 

Alright, enough of my thread jacking  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '04
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #54 on: Apr 13, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »
I see from your sig you have plenty of money to buy all the expensive goodies and thats cool if thats what you like to do! so until someone has some good info regarding the swap this thread is about how about you just shut up!

Says the man with two rigs. :shhh:

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Sounds like Pirate over here :thumbdown: :blah:

its life... get over it. some people just need to be told to s.t.f.u. now and again

wayne_l

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Apr 24, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »
after my 3rd 22r in my little rig i decided to do a motor swap and knew i wasnt going to a chevy motor ...

i wanted v-8 power and didnt want to do any firewall mods and make it a close to bolt in as possible .so i chose a 92 bronco 351 windsor for my new donor and with NWOR's bellhousing and motor mounts it was pretty much all bolt in it uses NWOR's motor mounts wich bolted to stock frame motor mount and is adjustable for better alignment ..

being a ford motor distributor is up front so no firewall beating was needed .. but it did come from a bronco and the stock brackets were too low and wide so i used march performance brackets wich kept my steering pump and alternator up high and tight out of harms way and most important off my frame rails and my steering box i just hung for my highsteer ..
 the only major issue i had was exhaust manifold for the pass side and after some research from the ford ranger guys doing v-8 swaps into thier little trucks i found that a 1970's ford comet with a 289 or a mercury wich are also windsor motors used a tight block hugging manifold that went straight back clearing frame and cab nicely  and it was 25 bucks off ebay ...

i also did a hei conversion distributor wich made it a 1 wire operation .. so im still able to use my stock 5spd .tcase and drivelines in stock locations and crossmember .. made things easier and cheaper ..

it runs great with a 53lbs flywheel and a small rv cam it just lugs along nicely ..and power is definately there when needed ..

here is the truck on its second big run since motor swap ..

I love my country ,but hate my goverment ...

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #57 on: Apr 24, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »
price list on the swap please?

email me at ToyRunner.3WM@hotmail.com
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

wayne_l

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Apr 27, 2009, 09:54:02 PM »
the motor for the swap i paid 800 forthe whole bronco  then sold the tranny /tcase and top and made that back ..

i bought the bell housing, flywheel,centerforce clutch , motor mounts ,slave cyl   and all the hardware from NWOR they are the only ones i know who make a yota to ford adapter ..

with everything i needed to do the swap shipped to alaska was 1500

it took longer to get the motor machined than to do the swap .

I love my country ,but hate my goverment ...

potter85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 257
  • Member since May '09
  • complete disregard for sheet metal.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »
wow haha guys are arguing like little kids up there hahaha. anyways i really like the windsor. that thing is sa weet. Since i am an owner of an 02 sr5 tundra i am very interested in this. My truck has gobs of power. It has no problem breaking my 275's loose in any condition. both tires and it is bone stock with 3 inch lift in the front and tires. I know that there are a select few 6 cyl 5 speed tundra's out there but no where i have looked. there has to be a out of state or country company that makes conversion stuff for this. I think you will be seeing stuff for these coming up in the next year. an all aluminum fuel injected v8??? who wouldnt want it
3rz in the making

looking for 38s

2 tundra 4.7l v8 soon to be sas'ed