Author Topic: planning to link the DD, need some help and info  (Read 1797 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
planning to link the DD, need some help and info
« on: Aug 22, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »
Hey, looking to link the DD, thinking bout marjoints, kreepers or heims, but keep in mind its a DD.

specs would be 87 4runner with a 22re and doing a five speed swap on it soon, going to be running an fj80 hp elocker axle with STOCK fj80 coils. With the lower weight of the runner front end and custom upper coil buckets I think I could pull a few inches of lift, but mostly want to move the axle forward a bit too.

I will be running an fj80 steering box as well, so that shouldnt get in the way of anything either
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
ALSO, I have access to a lathe and junk HUGE heims that I could pull the chromoly threads from I think they are either 1" thread or 1.25 thread... so I could make my own poly bushed ends...
plasma cutter, mill, and tig welder access. chromoly filler wire? if needed? let me know what you think

Sleeve of Wizzard

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 293
  • Member since Feb '09
  • It's craptaculer
    • View Profile
TacoRunner makes a kit that looks amazing. I plan on buying a setup from him soon. The brackets might be all you need if you want to get the other stuff together your self.

http://www.4wheelunderground.com/

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Thanks sleeve

BoG ToY
please don't use those heims. I would hate think about what would happen if u did. Your joints are holding your axle unde the truck. This is not an area you want to skimp on. They don't have a rating on them and suspension is what keeps the vehicle on the road. At the very very least get some ruff heims. And bigger than 3/4" please.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
they say radial load 14k lbs,

at this point if I cannot figure something out, I will either sell the swap parts and fix the IFS on the runner, find some factory fj80 radius arms and run the axle that way, sell off ALL OF IT or spring under. Ranking most likely to least likely. (if I could find some stock radius arms I would do it that way, but gotta find a pair cheap)

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
I agree with taco.........if your gonna run a 4 link on dd then go with ballistic fab.  Their stuff is amazingly strong.
My only fear with running 4 link in the rear of a daily driver is the rear end floating.  Im not very skilled in linking but ive helped a few people do it.
I would be interested to see how it turns out and how it drives on the freeway.   

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
they say radial load 14k lbs,

at this point if I cannot figure something out, I will either sell the swap parts and fix the IFS on the runner, find some factory fj80 radius arms and run the axle that way, sell off ALL OF IT or spring under. Ranking most likely to least likely. (if I could find some stock radius arms I would do it that way, but gotta find a pair cheap)

14k load is peenuts. For an offroad truck the uppers should be around the 45K mark.  Fix whats broken and drive it.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
what are marjoints rated?