Author Topic: Out with the 3.slow in with the 3.4 and it just dont stop!  (Read 66675 times)

olivedrab85

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 102
  • Male Posts: 548
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Ghost ride the whip"
    • View Profile
"Gotta keep it G rated for Marlin"   my runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26527.0

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
how did you like the kit?
x3 im going to either go trail gears kit or go that route from the cheap hydro assist thread on here. i like how TG's ram mounts on the diff compared to the other one. its just easier to mount.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

coconut [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 296
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
how did you like the kit? also are you running a cooler and a bigger canister? how does it turn those 36's i have the same kit and i have not put it on yet... did you drill the whole in the brass orifice?? sweet truck man

as for the price the kit will do. at this time i am not running a cooler nor a bigger canister due to the fact i might order a kit from PRC for  the 3.4 but I'm not sure . i do need to find out the differences w/ a 22re pump and a 3.4 pump thinking on searching tttor form to see if anyone has modified the v6 pump... thanks

billy
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006, 06:18:41 PM by coconut »
91 std pick up,3.4 swap, R151w/doubled up 4.7 in the rear, twin sticks, FROR x member,Marlins 4"sas w/ a 85 SA, high pinion ARB, 30 spline longs,chevy rear w/ ARB's and sitting on 36 iroks w/ beadlock speciality wheels

coconut [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
x3 I'm going to either go trail gears kit or go that route from the cheap hydro assist thread on here. i like how TG's ram mounts on the diff compared to the other one. its just easier to mount.
i agree
91 std pick up,3.4 swap, R151w/doubled up 4.7 in the rear, twin sticks, FROR x member,Marlins 4"sas w/ a 85 SA, high pinion ARB, 30 spline longs,chevy rear w/ ARB's and sitting on 36 iroks w/ beadlock speciality wheels

phi564

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -12
  • Male Posts: 54
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawlin in KY
    • View Profile
    • high clearance offroad
any updates on this rig?  pretty sick.
01 Dodge 2500 Cummins dd/ tow rig
'90 toyota w/ 4.3 on propane/th350/toy duels
fj80 axles, 39" BFG krawlers, psc full hydro, 4.10's, detroit front, welderd rear

It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission

Redeyejedi

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 115
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yo, super nice ride bro!! anything new on the truck? new pics? how has she been handlin the trails? gettn ready to do the same swap into my 94. aslo gonna straight up front. any ideas on which i should start first? why?
alcohol.....the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78234902@N06/

yotee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 58
  • Male Posts: 247
  • Member since Jun '05
  • fatboy
    • View Profile
if i was you i'd start with the sas. then wheel the piss out of it till the 3.0 goes bad. then go and do the motor swap.
you don't wanna hit the trail with a new motor(that you don't know how will act) and a whole new suspension(that you don't know how it'll act) at the same time. edit; look at the top left corner of coconut's avatar, that is the look you get when you just found out that all works all at one time. i think we could actually see his heart beating.

as i remember when i talked to coconut last, he just need a speed sensor to pass the ref here in cali.

mike

coconut [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
if i was you I'd start with the sas. then wheel the piss out of it till the 3.0 goes bad. then go and do the motor swap.
you don't wanna hit the trail with a new motor(that you don't know how will act) and a whole new suspension(that you don't know how it'll act) at the same time. edit; look at the top left corner of coconut's avatar, that is the look you get when you just found out that all works all at one time. i think we could actually see his heart beating.

as i remember when i talked to coconut last, he just need a speed sensor to pass the ref here in cali.

mike

wow its been a while since Ive been on the board, just to give all of you a check up on the 3.4 i cant ask for more out of that motor i love it ! as for the comparison on the 4.3 to a 3.4 i would stay Toyota . my buddy rotten did the 4.3 tbi swap at the sametime, and i still got alot on him as for motor wise especially when were  pulling up a steep grade. I'm running 4:88 and 36's as for him hes running 5:29 and 35's. not to knock the 4.3  it is a great motor...

coconut [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
any updates on this rig?  pretty sick.
bumper and winch,speed sensor , i gotta seee the reff in a few weeks thanks again

coconut [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
yo, super nice ride bro!! anything new on the truck? new pics? how has she been handlin the trails? gettn ready to do the same swap into my 94. aslo gonna straight up front. any ideas on which i should start first? why?
  i 2nd on what mike says SAS 1st then wheel the 3.0 and save your peenys for the 3.4 swap

yotee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 58
  • Male Posts: 247
  • Member since Jun '05
  • fatboy
    • View Profile
  i 2nd on what mike says SAS 1st then wheel the 3.0 and save your peenys for the 3.4 swap
what's up stranger? you get out of wheeling or what? any thing new on the truck? give me a call one of these years..................

mike

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 816
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
did you use your stock tach? if so how did you make it work
4THEWKN

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 4