Author Topic: Some pictures of my wrecked 88 truck.  (Read 4016 times)

highridin4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 237
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Some pictures of my wrecked 88 truck.
« on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »
Last night I got in a head on collision with a Honda accord. The guy was not paying attention when he was going around a curve and swerved into my lane hit me head on. I did not even have time to react. Thank god we were both wearing our seat belts we were both going about 30mph when we hit. My neck and back are sore but the ER doctors said nothing is broken but I might have some whiplash.

Here are some crappy camera phone pictures at the scene.

Here are some during the day

This one is the bellhousing you can kind of see the crack where it bolts to the transmission body.

I think I may buy it back from the insurance co if they dont want to much for it and part it out I just put 4.7:1 Marlin gears in the T-case
about 7 months ago.  :rivers:

Scott

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Some pictures of my wrecked 88 truck.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:26:57 AM »
OUCH! :ack: glad u are ok...too bad about your truck
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

highridin4x4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »
I think I will be fine but I loved my truck. I know the insurance guy will say you know its a 1988 with 317,000 miles so its not worth much heres  1000 dollars - the tow bill. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

Scott

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »
that sucks happy that you are ok but dont get rid of the truck its in perfect condition to turn it into a formula toy
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

highridin4x4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »
I dont want to get rid of it but I do need something to drive to work. I hope the insurance does not want much for the buy back. if they dont want a lot its going in the garage.

Scott

highridin4x4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:46:53 AM »
I forgot to mention the other driver that was at fault had NO LICENSE AND NO INSURANCE!!!!!!!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:50:57 AM »
I forgot to mention the other driver that was at fault had NO LICENSE AND NO INSURANCE!!!!!!!
I say we round up the Marlin Mafia :bat:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:02:34 PM »
dude,  i had underinsured  covereage on my truck,  statefarm paid $3500  for my 79

sue  the idiot 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »
damn Scott glad you're OK. 

highridin4x4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »
Thanks everyone I have uninsured motorist also and I think state farm will pay me and sue him.
But he will probably disappear back to the country he came from.

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:32:38 PM »
good thing your alright :thumbs:....ya statefarm should cut you a check and then sue the other driver for the money...make sure to complain a lot about you neck and back hurting :psss:..i would definetly keep the truck if its cheap enough

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
Yep sue him people like that piss me off! dangit i shouldnt even get started..... haha dissapear back to his own country.. says a thousand words. sorry to hear about your truck. I would defenitly try to buy it back.. lots of good parts on it!
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »
good thing your alright :thumbs:....ya statefarm should cut you a check and then sue the other driver for the money...make sure to complain a lot about you neck and back hurting :psss:..i would definetly keep the truck if its cheap enough
yes,  even though you dont hurt  right now,  3-5 days after the wreck  its gonna hit you like a lod of bricks

go see a doctor  and get xrays 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »
ASK me how i know,

and from the damage to your truck  you had a HARD hit

looks like yours  was dead on  where mine was  kinda angled  and i was throwed around from no seatbelt 

me > :spankbutt: < me

and yes  i went to a doctor ,ER, another ER, and my regular doctor  but  believe it or not  the chiropractor  i started seeing has worked the hardest  look at the notes on this pic,  this is what happened to my spine 
5.5 mm  lateral displacement of C1,   and 8mm on the L5-S1

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
yes,  even though you dont hurt  right now,  3-5 days after the wreck  its gonna hit you like a lod of bricks

go see a doctor  and get xrays 

ya i agree...i was in a roll over years ago and it wasnt that bad right afterwards, but the next day and days following i was hurtin...some people are different. thats my  :twocents:

highridin4x4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »
I am not saying I dont hurt or wont hurt I did go to the ER and had 6 or 7 X-rays taken and nothing is broken. It was a usuall visit to the ER wait in the big waitting room for a half hour then go to the x ray room (3min) go back to waiting room for a hour. Then go to the personal waiting room for 10 min the doctor comes in for 5-6 min says I am fine and will be sore so here is a perscription for some motrin and some anti-inflamitory pills. then exit out the side door. Iam sure I will be hurting more eachday I am just thankful that I did not break anything or worse.

scott

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
Seatbelts are a godsend for lower speed crashes like this because the keep you from getting much more than bruised and banged up.  Of course, they also are an obvious lifesaver at highway speeds.

It does look like your truck "won" though.   

Oh - most of it looks salvageable or rebuildable, but the front suspension is in a world of hurt - that's harder to fix(SAS time!  Yank it all and SAS!).  Is the engine fine and not totally pushed back like Glen's was?  Glen hit another truck, so it looks like most of your damage was underneath/it kind of slid underneath. 

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
oh man, glad you are ok!! i hate wrecks and whiplash sucks!!
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
lol hate to be a vulture and im glad your ok but you know now that I smell an SAS comming your gonna need some bigger meets... and well i could really take them tires from yah you know if thier 33 or 31......
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
That sucks man :therethere:  Glad you're in decent shape though, coulda been bad! 

If you do buy it back, I have my 86 that you could use for the frame, front suspension and the front of the cab.  The cab's all there, but I already started to cut off the top at the b pillars.  I'll give it to you for $50  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32399.0
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

highridin4x4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
Thanks everyone.

misfit4runner:
nothing is for sale yet but I will keep you in mind if it comes to it they are 33 12.50 15 pro comp mud terrains.

Kneedownnate:
I might take you up on that if I do buy it back.

Scott

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »
Keep on the insurance people...what they want to pay is not what you need to take.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
X2!  Make sure to let them know you're now without a vehicle.  I got smacked by a suburban while driving my 81 2wd and reminded the agent a couple different times that I was essentially without a vehicle and ended up getting a "loss of vehicle use" check on top of the settlement.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:17:08 PM »
These guys sound like they know what theyre talkin about! I would be pretty stern with them too, after all if they want you to keep paying them too much dough for a lifetime they can take care of you this time.
_[O!!!!!O]_

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
When my 88 got wrecked...I was lucky I got hit by a USAA user. I told USAA we could handle this like adults and give me a fair settlement or we could go to court and it would cost them 50k just to defend it. I told them I knew it was an accident but, through no fault of my own...my situation changed. I got 35,000 for my truck, a week off work and medical...but, my insurance covered all the medical.

In your case the person is luck no one was killed...head-on collisions suck.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:24:12 PM »
When my 88 got wrecked...I was lucky I got hit by a USAA user. I told USAA we could handle this like adults and give me a fair settlement or we could go to court and it would cost them 50k just to defend it. I told them I knew it was an accident but, through no fault of my own...my situation changed. I got 35,000 for my truck, a week off work and medical...but, my insurance covered all the medical.

In your case the person is luck no one was killed...head-on collisions suck.

thats the way it should be. You should be able to bring your truck to the same quality or better and have money to spare for time off or anything like that!    too many times tho thats not the case..   I would keep pushin til they give in tho, the moment you stop pushing is the moment you end up losing!
_[O!!!!!O]_