Author Topic: porting question  (Read 1905 times)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
porting question
« on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »
http://www.audiforums.com/m_693578/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

stolen from the Brawlers...a must read!!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: porting question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »
darwinism at its finest ;)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:26:22 PM »
I'm sorry, I've known some dumb SOBs in my life...I've known meth heads, I've known drunks...hell, I've known Democrats...nobody I have ever met has been that stupid. I just looked at my calendar...did someone reschedule April Fools Day?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:00:38 PM »
Holy crap  :yikes:  I've met some dumbasses, but they might just pail in comparison to these two  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »
:thud:   this one needs to be culled from the herd 

Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007, 09:08:42 AM by 79coyotefrg »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »
Oh man when I get done cleaning up the soda I just spit on my computer I'm gonna call up some friends and suggest this "new" trick I just read about on the intardweb. :rofl2:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

Fearofrunner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 620
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »
That's gotta be a joke right?  I hope he post some pics actually showing what happened in there. That dude got like 6 pages of flaming to go over ah hahahaha

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »
OMFG!!!   :rofl: 

I seriously hope that is a joke.  But I guess you can never underestimate the power of stupidity.   :gap:
I like to Drive!

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,003
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2007, 10:47:30 AM »
Read through it...yes, it is a joke.  But I still  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: at the comments!
He who dies with the most toys...still dies.

DeadlyPeace

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 593
  • Member since Nov '07
  • HEAVILY medicated for your protection!
    • View Profile
    • ToyotaOffRoad
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
It'd have to be a joke. Cuz I'd hate to know that we really have people that would be that stupid.

But I still  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: at the comments!
X2
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Never let people think you’re a horrible person and always keep the heart of a young child…
       ...I prefer mine in a jar on my desk.

3 CAT scans a MRI and some time with the shrink and it's comfirmed. I'm just not right in the head.

Global Moderator for www.ToyotaOffRoad.com

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »
I really hope this was a joke, although I cant say much I almost dumped seafoam in my jeep without it running luckily fearofrunner was there to stop me from a total dumb Fuc* mistake.
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:05:02 AM »
Read through it...yes, it is a joke.  But I still  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: at the comments!

Ya, that was a good read.   :rofl2:
I like to Drive!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:12:28 AM »
I really hope this was a joke, although I cant say much I almost dumped seafoam in my jeep without it running luckily fearofrunner was there to stop me from a total dumb Fuc* mistake.
in the vacuum system, engine oil, or gas tank? oil and gas tank its just fine to pour seafoam or b12 into with the vehicle not running (dont run it for too long with that stuff in the oil, 15 min or less) but in the vacuum system the truck has to be running to suck it in.

haha that "porting" idea is a joke if you read on :rofl: there probably are people that dumb though!
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »
haha that "porting" idea is a joke if you read on :rofl: there probably are people that dumb though!

Ya, you know someone read it and was like "that sounds like a great idea. gonna go and try it"   haha
I like to Drive!