Author Topic: Plot to blow up aircraft foiled  (Read 4385 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Plot to blow up aircraft foiled
« on: Aug 10, 2006, 01:36:44 AM »
Was watching Conan and they cut to it-

More info here:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/

[img width= height=]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060810/060810_plot_hmed_1250a.widec.jpg[/img]

"I dont know how World War III will be fought but i can tell you World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Plot to blow up aircraft foiled
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2006, 06:23:28 AM »
thats great. and I have to fly over there at the end of the month. Im getting nervous know
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2006, 07:01:16 AM »
i knew it was coming when they said  11 "students" from egypt dissappeared 

they nabbed 3 of them  8 to go :dunno:

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2006, 08:06:50 AM »
Is there any doubt as to the religious affiliation of the suspects? I think not.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »
I was watching Conan too!  He's Funny! :ha_ha:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »
and the :idiot:s are looking for the terrorists in england,  wtf  are they that STUPID,  the freekin "students"  that dissappeared are the terrorists

what :idiot: s
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2006, 06:36:17 PM by 79Coyotefrg »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2006, 06:24:17 PM »
I don't think they will ever learn, the only thing they will understand is complete eradication
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2006, 06:32:22 PM »
X2
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2006, 09:08:11 PM »
Ok which one of those countries have the least amount of oil, we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot so pick the one country there with the least amount of oil and........

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »
Ok which one of those countries have the least amount of oil, we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot so pick the one country there with the least amount of oil and........

now i dont care who u are, thats funny

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »
Supposedly they were going to make something called Amonia hydroperoxide (or something like that), which is supposed to be so volitle that it will explode if you shake it like one of those Ice Tea cans before you open it.

I'm not really surprised it's happening, I guess I'm more surprised how long it took them to try again.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2006, 07:50:01 PM »
I don't think they will ever learn, the only thing they will understand is complete eradication

Your absolutly right. They've been killing each other for centuries. Now, they're all focused on killing us. Hmmm...doesn't sound to good does it?

* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »
Your absolutly right. They've been killing each other for centuries. Now, they're all focused on killing us. Hmmm...doesn't sound to good does it?

Funny thing is they may be focused on us but they will still kill each other on the side while they wait for one of us to pass by.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 12, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »
I just talked to a friend of mine, that is a US Marshall and he just got back from 6 weeks of specialized training.  He was a ranger in the Army before he got out, and now he's wishing he'd stayed in the Army.  He was telling me that there are so many things going on in the states that the government won't tell the american citizens!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:03:40 PM »
I get to fly on tuesday and my plane leaves at 6:50am so i will have to show up around 3 or 4 now. I'm definitley not bringing a carry on bag, that will take forever. I'm not afraid of terrorists or any of that but my only wish is that I hope if I die from someone like that it will be in Iraq or Iran if I go in the marine corps and not here at home. I would hope to kill a few of them first if they're going to kill me.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:48:14 PM »
I wouldn't worry at all about flying, it might be a bit of a PITA getting through security, but the flights in the near future are going to be about the safest you can get.
(in regard to terrorist threats that is, any mechanical failure is another case altogether)
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:56:19 PM »
I get to fly on tuesday and my plane leaves at 6:50am so i will have to show up around 3 or 4 now. I'm definitley not bringing a carry on bag, that will take forever. I'm not afraid of terrorists or any of that but my only wish is that I hope if I die from someone like that it will be in Iraq or Iran if I go in the marine corps and not here at home. I would hope to kill a few of them first if they're going to kill me.

Are you off to Iraq or boot camp?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 12, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
Are you off to Iraq or boot camp?

i'm enlisting in the marine corps after i finish two years in college. I want to graduate boot as an officer. my grandpa, 2 of my great uncles my dad and my cousin were marines so i really want to be one as well.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 12, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »
i'm enlisting in the marine corps after i finish two years in college. I want to graduate boot as an officer. my grandpa, 2 of my great uncles my dad and my cousin were marines so i really want to be one as well.

I swear, some of you young men and women make me proud as hell...and ashamed that I didn't have the same drive when I was your age. Thanks.
Mark

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #19 on: Aug 12, 2006, 09:09:15 PM »

My wife's nephew is in the Marines, been in for like 14 yrs. he's in it for life currently is in counter terrorist intelligence but has been to Okinawa for the specialized training, was a Presidential guard for Clinton and travels to and from Iraq regularly for stuff he can't discuss with us. Currently in Iraq doing what he does while he's there. I believe he's a Chief Warrent Officer last I talked with him.

Sir, you have my respect. :usa:

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 13, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »
Your wifes nephew sounds like how my dad had it in the Marine Corps. No one except his one of his uncles (who was a marine for 20 years then worked in the C.I.A. after that) know exactly what he did while he was in, but he gets drunk and rambles sometimes and it's always interesting but sometimes realitively disturbing.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 13, 2006, 01:45:25 PM »
Being in the military can be psychologically hard on some people!  I have (had) a friend that was in Vietnam, and they trained him to speak vietmanese!  And he came back all messed up.  He couldn't be around, or drink alcohol.  NOT A DROP!  If he did, he would start ranting in Vietmanese and go looking for his gun!  Well, he started to drink again a couple years ago, and he ended up killing himself!  In one way he's better off, but in another he was a really great guy!

I've got an uncle who still buys hunting tags, and has a cool collection of guns.  Still to this day, he can't pull the trigger on a animal!  He experienced the tet offensive first hand!

Another uncle who spent 28 years in the Army, and is fine.  His last 5 years where in the Pentagon, and he said that was scarier than any war or hell hole base he ever experienced!

Today, I wish I had entered the military after school, but my family fell apart shortly after I graduated, deaths and divorces!  But if I had, I would have missed the best part of my life, and I wouldn't be who I am today!  And be with the most wonderful woman, and beautiful children I have now!

I have a friend who is a US Marshall now, but he spendt the last 15 years in the Army as a Ranger, who was in Mogadisho (sp?-- black hawk down!), bosnia, iraq, and many more than he can't tell.  Wishes he hadn't served in one way, because he lost 15 years of his life, and the only thing to show for it is sleepless nights/nightmares.

I praise people for going in the military, but I just want them to know what they are getting into!  My step-bro went in the Marines just for the Marine image, and bailed out with a medical discharge just so he can run around saying "Semper fi!"  My uncle wants to take him out back and teach him what Semper Fi means on his ass!

So good luck, I don't mean to scare ya!  You probably already know what you are getting into before ya signed! :usa:

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 13, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »

Vernichtungsgedanken.

I am with you on this one Rocksurfer.

"Separation or Annihilation."
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 14, 2006, 12:44:20 AM »
I'm not really surprised it's happening, I guess I'm more surprised how long it took them to try again.

You can be pretty sure there have been a lot of foiled attempts that we simply haven't heard about ..though not necessarily only in the US or Britain. A lot of times it behooves the government to keep it quiet. They have to find a balance between showing the public they can stop threats and not making people think it happens all the time.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 14, 2006, 12:48:05 AM »
You can be pretty sure there have been a lot of foiled attempts that we simply haven't heard about ..though not necessarily only in the US or Britain. A lot of times it behooves the government to keep it quiet. They have to find a balance between showing the public they can stop threats and not making people think it happens all the time.

i know when we are under a bit more security then the public is lead to beleive, i work at an airport in the middle of the night, and i know something is up when there are a lot more patrols of the airport security
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #25 on: Aug 14, 2006, 08:32:10 AM »

I couldn't agree with you more, I think there are some attacks that actually succeed and the government says it was something else to keep us from feeling constantly terrorised. Case in point for some reason there seems to be more brush/forest fires happening, sure the area is dry but some times it seems overwhelming. There were reports of a terrorist threat on this exact issue.

trekker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Aug '05
  • crawlin with marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 14, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »
I am flying out tonight and Im not looking forward to all the security and waiting but the flying part doesnt worry me :usa:
I need a running 22r

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #27 on: Aug 14, 2006, 10:43:50 AM »
I am flying out tonight and Im not looking forward to all the security and waiting but the flying part doesnt worry me :usa:

Yesterday I took my wife's mother to the airport, it really wasn't that bad, she was checked in and had her wheelchair in about 30 min. This was at Bob Hope (Burbank) airport though not one of the big internationals.