Author Topic: MCR5 ??? - Offical meeting location? What day is Dinner? Camping multiple days?  (Read 5446 times)

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
Just for reference to the offical post.....
Official MCR5 Thread -- Sept 8 - 10, 2006
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=24698.0

I just got my registration packet in the mail and I'm a bit confused. Is there an offical meeting place? and time? (say at the Loon Lake Dam or on the Slabs or somewhere else)? Or is just just a free for all to get to the Rubicon Springs?

I know registration includes a camping spot at Rubicon Springs and (2) meal tickets. Is the camping fee for all weekend - or just one day/night? And when is the MC Dinner (what evening)?

I've only been on the 'Con once and that was several years ago and I was in a large group so I just followed the person in front of me. I was just curious if there is a schedule of events, or something like that??

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Where are you coming from? There are various caravans heading up that direction on Thursday and Friday, you can catch one of those if you want.  If you look at the Caravan thread it'll show who the coordinators are.  For instance, I'm the coordinator for the East Bay for Thursday...

The registration includes Friday and Saturday night camping fee I believe, and the big dinner is Saturday evening.

The only thing that is really planned for the weekend is the Saturday evening dinner and raffle.  Everything else is a "get to know everyone you can and wheel" weekend. :thumbs:

We have a big group heading in early Friday morning, I wanna say we'll be on the trail by 9 but with a group our size, it's hard to say.  Read the caravan thread and it'll say what days some of the groups are goin in :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

4RnrRick [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
I'm (and maybe a Buddy with a Sami) are coming from the Eugene area of Oregon on I-5 (~9 hours away from Loon Lake). But my co-pilot is going to be from Washington, so I can't head south until he gets to my place. So for now I would rather not get involved with an offical Caravan. But a meeting place would be nice down there somewhere. My thought is to travel Thursday and camp somewhere down there on Thursday night (along the side of the road if I have to). Then start in on the trail early Friday and get to Rubicon Springs Friday evening. Then I will be driving back home Sunday afternoon.

I've already read the caravan thread and got even more confused on what to expect since it seems like everyone is doing their own thing.

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Rick, just camp at the KOA in Placerville. (call for reservations)

We (about 6 or 7 rigs) are heading up to Loon ass early friday morning.

olivedrab85

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 102
  • Male Posts: 548
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Ghost ride the whip"
    • View Profile
We're heading down thursday morning from Dallas, Oregon and camping at the placerville KOA thursday night. The plan is to head to the trail first thing friday morning.
"Gotta keep it G rated for Marlin"   my runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26527.0

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Rubicon Springs is a privately owned camp ground. We have reserved the camp ground for Saturday Night, Sept. 9th. So we need to report to them and pay $15 for every vehicle who is to camp at Rubicon Springs Sat. night.

The Round Up Event will start Sat. Evening with Dinner, then a chat with Marlin and our workers, and then the Raffle.

So basically everyone is going to do their own thing and just plan on being at the Springs Sat. Evening.

As for me, I will be camping at Loon lake Thurs. Night, and I believe many board members will be camping at the KOA camp ground in Placerville Thurs Night.

I plan on driving in about 1/2 way to Buck Island to camp Fri. Night.
Then I will drive on into the Springs Sat. Morning and stay at the Springs Camp Ground Sat. night.

:thumbs:

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

4RnrRick [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
Thanks - that makes much more sense now....

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
And FFC, Spotter and I will be fixing our pre-caravan breakfast at the KOA [EDIT :smack: ] FRIDAY!! morning. :meal: you are more then welcome to join our happy little caravan.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006, 06:42:25 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Rick, just camp at the KOA in Placerville. (call for reservations)

We (about 6 or 7 rigs) are heading up to Loon ass early friday morning.

Boy, what're you smokin?  I think its gonne be more like 20 :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile

Where is the Mammoth?

4RnrRick [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
Its offical - I got a tent site at the Placerville, KOA. See you MWM & FFC and others Thursday evening / Friday Morning.

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Its offical - I got a tent site at the Placerville, KOA. See you MWM & FFC and others Thursday evening / Friday Morning.
They told me they were full up a month or so ago. :headshake: guess I better call up there.  how much was it? how many people could camp there? how many vehicles?
 per site?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
They told me they were full up a month or so ago. :headshake: guess I better call up there.  how much was it? how many people could camp there? how many vehicles?
 per site?

BD you don't have a site? When I spoke to them about that time they said they had a group that was coming in. I think the group backed out cause they suddenly had a lot of sites.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
But another sausage on the griddle!! :woohoo: man, the more the merrier!! this is going to be fun but be aware, we are going to be up EARLY!
YOu should be able to find the mammoth and I'll post a pic of the LBC but that is a BIG campground.
I'll PM you with my number if you want.

Where is the Mammoth?

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i just got my tent site there also planned on caravaning up with ffc & crew.  the lady at koa said that the original area that they put everyone is full so now they are puttin all the rest of the poeple in a different area together

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
so they are all out of regular site so i got a rv site so im all set up there will be camping there with everyone!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

4RnrRick [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
Put another sausage on the griddle!!

THANKS!

You should be able to find the mammoth and I'll post a pic of the LBC but that is a BIG campground.
I'll PM you with my number if you want.

I'm probably one of the last people in the US that DOESN'T have a cell phone, so a number won't do me any good..... but thanks for the thought. I should be there Thursday evening, so I SHOULD be able to find you guys and gals.