Author Topic: Eastside Motorsports SUCKS  (Read 7085 times)

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Eastside Motorsports SUCKS
« on: Jan 01, 2006, 07:29:01 AM »
Well it appears as though I need to find another repair shop for my ATV. Ride Motorsports screwed me over, so I said I would stop going to them. Now Eastside Motorsports is pulling the same crap. I took my 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450 in a week before Thanksgiving to have the rear brakes looked at and the factory recall on the tie rod taken care of. They tell me I will get it back the week after Thanksgiving because they don't have the parts in stock to do the tie rod, no big deal. I get a call 2 and a half weeks after thanksgiving. They say my ATV is ready to be picked up. I jump in my truck and drive down there. I get there and they give me a receipt for $0.00 because of the recall and they said they just bled my brakes and they felt better. I look outside and some guy is on my ATV driving off of Eastside Motorsport's property towards my truck. I start to walk outside towards the guy knowing he's an employee. He is getting the ramps out of the bed and is trying to get my ATV into my truck, which I know from prior experience that dealerships are generally not allowed to do this for insurance reasons (he misses the ramp or hits my rear slider). I get my ATV into the bed and that's when I notice the brakes have NO pressure, just like before, so I go back inside. They say "d'oh we fixed everything you should be fine". I tell them my brakes definatley dont work. I look outside and the guy is in the bed of my truck with the atv running getting ready to back it out. That pissed me off a little bit. But I didnt let it show. They get it back on a lift and call me inside to the shop area where they do all the work and show me what's wrong with the brakes, like I really need to see what worn out pads look like. They also show me that the tie rod that they replaced is covered in mud. Then they say "oh I guess we didnt get around to this one" so we will finish her up and call you when we do. At this point I have spent over an hour at the dealership when I expected it to be a quick deal. I am now stuck in rush hour traffic and will be late for work if I dont hurry up. So I leave. Now it being January 1st 2006 they have yet to finish my ATV, or they have not called I will call today to see, but they have had it for over a month to replace a tie rod and a brake pad. I hear that Donnie the last co-owner that I know from a friend of the family was the co-owner and he has left the company and a new guy has come in to replace him and is doing a bad job.

Does anyone know any other shops near Woodinville for Yamaha ATV's?
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
Re: Eastside Motorsports SUCKS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2006, 07:53:35 AM »
Sent you a PM
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:04:41 AM »
Yep it went in on 11-15. They still have it. Now they are replacing the caliper....morons. Good thing I left some good rubber in their lot when I left.

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2006, 04:48:04 AM »
    Good thing I left some good rubber in their lot when I left.I'm a moron.

That's a good way to show them.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:15:25 AM »
Give Yamaha a call and let them know one of their dealers suck :twocents:
Time to go wheelin!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »
Give Yamaha a call and let them know one of their dealers suck :twocents:
That's a better way to show them, at least that might get some results. :thumbs:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2006, 09:23:26 AM »
na   just   go down there with some of your bozys   and have them walk around in wife beaters    and  do some bumping&nuging   lrt them know whats up  :yesnod:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »
na   just   go down there with some of your bozys   and have them walk around in wife beaters    and  do some bumping&nuging   lrt them know whats up  :yesnod:

OMG  :haha: I would so be  :haha: :shake_head:   :haha: ::)   :haha:  :shake:  :haha: at that
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »
morons. Good thing I left some good rubber in their lot when I left.

isnt that the pot calling the kettle black?

lets see, leaving exhibiting speed, and destroying a parking lot, not to mention being wreckless, thats a good one........ you are so cool.... you are my hero :bowdown: maybe i can be liek you when i grow up  ::)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2006, 06:08:48 PM »

lets see, leaving exhibiting speed, and destroying a parking lot, not to mention being wreckless, thats a good one........ you are so cool.... you are my hero :bowdown: maybe i can be liek you when i grow up  ::)

Me i would just back the truck throw the front door.
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2006, 06:18:49 PM »
na just go down there with some of your bozys and have them walk around in wife beaters and do some bumping&nuging lrt them know whats up :yesnod:

That is so funny!  The mental picture came quickly cause I work with some wannabe thugs so I just pictured them doin it. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »

easy there jimbo, we can't all be as cool as you :beerchug:

Wa4x4, I've found that a call every few days does some good, unless they tell you it will be a while.  It is comptlely un acceptable that they have had the ATV for 2 mos.  if they told you it would take a week or so.  I can certainly understand the mistake they made, not getting around to it before thanksgiving.  I'm sure they had a lot of ATVs to work on, and when people get to holiday time, they really don't wanna work.  They should have made it right ASAP though.  Also, a threat to call the company that keeps them in business usually has a big impact.  They really don't want to get a chewing out for making them look bad.   
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »
Well I went there yesterday to pick it up and they warrantied the parts, but made us pay for the hours. My dad debated that on the phone but they wouldnt let it go out the door for free. I got it back, they loaded it into my truck which like I stated pissed me off. I get home and the headlights are burned out. I called them back and the guy hung up on me. I said I just got my 05 Kodiak 450 4x4 back from your shop and now the headlights are burned out. "well they burn out sometimes" click. WTF? That doesn't seem too business like. So I found another dealership 2 minutes closer (I drove by it every time, just wasnt sure if they did Yamahas, so I stopped in and asked). Hopefully they do better. NEVER GO TO EASTSIDE MOTORSPORTS.

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2006, 06:40:40 PM »
i still would do a drive buy

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »
I'm glad it's sorta worked out now, but this only goes to prove: BUY HONDA!!! !!!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:43:17 PM »
I'm glad it's sorta worked out now, but this only goes to prove: BUY HONDA!!! !!!

:thumbs: :yesnod:  :bowdown:  :drool: 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2006, 09:01:46 PM »

or just fix it yourself :thumbs:  there simpler than cars
Im an OG

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »
Yeah, I figure while it's still under warranty I would get it professionally done but IDK...and why would I buy honda? So I could pay 7k just to get IRS, or 6k to get a solid rear that is garanteed to make you unstable all the time.

I have been riding non-stop for the last 2 days, I forgot how much I love this thing. Gotten it stuck once that was fun. 2 Lumber rack bars+1 sledgehammer+1shovel+1 hour of my work=unstuck and dirtier than hell.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »
So I could pay 7k just to get IRS, or 6k to get a solid rear that is garanteed to make you unstable all the time.

You must have a really good job to afford all of those toys. Damn, i need a raise.  :twocents:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

MUDJUNKY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -428
  • Male Posts: 364
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2006, 07:09:47 PM »
i cant believe you had problems with ride motor sports ive been going there for years
"I avoid myspace like the devil himself...  Nothing good can come from having teenyboppers and childmolesters mixed with emo morons hanging out in one place...." white trash.

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2006, 03:25:08 AM »
Job? Whatever, he just blows up his toys and his daddy buys him new junk. So Wa4x4 when you wrap that WRX around tree whats your pops going to get ya next? :rofl:
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2006, 03:13:53 PM »
 :werd: :imwithstupid: :funny: :thumbsup:
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2006, 06:01:51 PM »
Job? Whatever, he just blows up his toys and his daddy buys him new junk. So Wa4x4 when you wrap that WRX around tree whats your pops going to get ya next? :rofl:

:lipsrsealed: :rofl: :rofl2:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:39:18 PM »
Yeah whatever. ATV's have been in my familly for years so dont blame me for having a hobby. I dont have a job because my parents want me to focus on school. And sure I flog the ATV a little bit, who doesnt? Ride motorsports isnt that bad, they just like to over-sell service a ton. I bought a used KX from them and was assured that it had been checked out and was in great condition with about 25 hours on the motor. We bought it and brought it to the track the next day. I start it up let it warm up for 10 minutes. I got on the bike and as soon as I got it in the air it died. I pulled the clutch landed, stopped kicked it over and went off again. It was fine on the flat but as soon as it got in the air again it died....again. Then I took it back, The whole motor was gone. They claimed it was because we used synthetic oil in the fuel instead of the last owner who used caster. They said the motor was cleaned out and should have been fine with synthetic.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006, 05:44:17 PM by wa4x4 »

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:03:33 PM »
You either understood it wrong or they lied to you.  It doesn't matter if you run synthetic or conventional or blend, it's the ratio and quality, and what octane you're running to match your engine mods.  And there's no, absolutely no reason to clean the engine out when using a different type of oil, unless there's excessive carbon buildup on the head/piston top, but that would be really unlikely after only 25 hours.  I'll avoid the obvious reason that your kx died(cause it's a kx), and point out that dying in the air is USUALLY caused by improper carb adjustment and not having it vented properly.  Few dirt bikes come with the carb vented right from the factory and it can cause them to die after lift off or impact.  And why on earth would you let a foul-proned 2 stroke warm up for 10 minutes?!
RIP KYOTA

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:54:07 PM »
Well the 2 stroke was real cold when I started so I blipped the gas for probably 5-10 minutes 10 minutes may have been a little longer than I really did. But it was fully warm by the time I started riding. They said that somehow the 2 types of oils mixed and gummed up the motor so much that it blew.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:09:33 PM »
Well the 2 stroke was real cold when I started so I blipped the gas for probably 5-10 minutes 10 minutes may have been a little longer than I really did. But it was fully warm by the time I started riding. They said that somehow the 2 types of oils mixed and gummed up the motor so much that it blew.

Doesn't happen.  :nopenope:  at least, I find that very hard to believe.  IF you're running the right kind of synthetic, and then you put in the right kind of regular oil, they have essentialy the same lubricating qualities, they don't gum up together.  If that were the case, how could people run a synthetic blend?

-Ronald Reagan

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:56:47 PM »
Yeah, I know they were feeding us total BS so we had them fix it at cost. I have been running synthetic in the motor ever since, no problems yet. The KX has been good to me since. I almost got a YZ, which I probably should have gotten at the time, but live and learn. The ATV has been fun for tight trails and the KX is for tight tracks and flat out speed.