Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 144597 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
So not this coming weekend but next im taking the axle to my buddys work who is going to plasma off all the brackets from the FJ. It will cut down on some grinding. In the next few weeks i have to pull the steering wheel out of the parts rig and pull the brakes off. I'm also going to be looking at tacoma vs FJ calipers and rotors. I read they are both 12.55'' but i need to see if the tacoma brake kit from FROR will work. If not i will be spending some time in the shop at work.

I need to get my gti running so i can move the truck over in the garage and either start driving the gti or if the cabrio sells tomorrow like we have planned now then i will be going out and getting a lexus to drive daily. Always wanted a 90's ls400 and have always looked around for them while looking for cars. Finding one thats not a beat pile of crap is impossible tho.

I have been hunting for the wiring diagrams and to find out where and if there is a temp sensor for the tippy gauge in the fj and where it is. I wanna get that wired up in the truck. Im going to need to make a spacer plate for it to sit correctly.

I cant wait to mod the bed and repaint it. Most of the truck is getting painted and clear bra on it cause the rock chips from the tires are enough to piss me off. The neighbor kids put a dent in the hood right after we moved in so im going to replace it..I know im OCD and its a ton of work to risk screwing it up but i never have been known for not going crazy. I will be going to the Orbet eye style bushings in the rear and thinking about it up front too. I cant stand the bushing wear. Its enough to make me crazy!
87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0