Author Topic: Flux core vs mig  (Read 44807 times)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Re: Flux core vs mig
« Reply #90 on: Mar 25, 2011, 07:48:13 AM »
I said I wasn't interested anymore but back to one of my posts earlier,  Beveling a T joint will allow the perpendicular piece to be penetrated well with the current settings on the welder, however the rest of the parent material is still at full thickness and less penetration will be achieved to the base plate and the full thickness piece just above the beveled area.  A way to overcome this would be to pre-heat the base plate with a rose bud as for the perpendicular beveled piece pre-heating it would most likely cause the welder to blow through the beveled area.  The better way to get even and equal penetration to both pieces of material would be to use an alternate form of welding like spray transfer.  And how often is it going to be realistically possible to pre-heat any metal near most of the welding projects that the members of this board are attempting.  If your going to try to convince audiences through proper debate you have to fully consider those you are trying to convince.  Most of the non status quo info coming into this discussion is irrelevant to the non certified homeowner hobbyist.

Its all about fusion, look up friction welding, explosion welding, forge welding.
In a t joint if the piece with the edge is beveled and the weld is 100% pen, and is fused to the bottom plate. Its good. Thats penetration, because you have fusion on both pieces.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?