Author Topic: How did you choose the name for your kids?  (Read 2648 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you choose the name for your kids?
« on: Feb 23, 2011, 07:33:58 PM »
Whenever we had time together we just discussed it.  There were alot of times my wife would pick a name, and my first reaction was  :yikes:  or  :shake_head: But then over time it all worked out.  There are too many names that have a image from your past with them. 

I always wanted Benjamin after my g-pa.  But not as a first name.  So, we eventually settled on Zachary Benjamin Zwald for our first son.  Our second son, I was driving on my delivery route when Andrew came to mind.  So, he became Andrew Ryan Zwald.  (Ryan is my first name)  And when we were pregnant with our third, if it was gonna be a boy, it would have been Eric Alfred (?) Zwald.  In honor of my favorite musician Eric Clapton, and Alton in honor of my dad, cause we had just found out he had cancer.  But we didn't have a boy, we had a girl so Zoe Alexandria Zwald.  I always loved my great aunt who was named Zora, but we went with Zoe because it was way more common.  And I always liked Alexandria, in honor of my cousin, who I love very dearly. 

And if you didn't catch it, my kids initials are ZBZ, ARZ, & ZAZ!  People really love the fact that two of my kids have ZZ as initials.  And we have it covered from A to Z!!  :yupyup:

One of the things we looked for in names was different varieties they could do with their names as they get older.  Zachary is Zak, or he could go by Ben, Benny or Benjamin later in life.  Andrew, we call him Roo.  But he could be a Andy, Drew, or Ryan.  Zoe, well if she wanted to, she could use her middle name, Alex, or Alexandria or ??.  This was a big consideration on picking names for our kids.  Yes, we had many arguments on what names we should give them.  But if you have a couple set aside and when the big day comes, take a minute and look at them.  Let it sink in for a moment and the name will fall into place. 

Everybody has a way of picking names. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen