Poll

Are you interested in an FJ40 Link Kit, similar to my Mini Truck stuff.

Yes
No

Author Topic: FJ40 Link Kits/ Do Cruiser guys want them or not!?  (Read 12327 times)

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Re: FJ40 Link Kits/ Do Cruiser guys want them or not!?
« on: Nov 11, 2010, 07:54:25 AM »
When your like me and time is valuable I would rather spend the money and buy a high quality kit then "try" to booty fab up some "link" suspension in my garage.

I would buy a kit from you. I like what you done with the mini truck kits. Could you build a kit that would be functional with the stock and aftermarket Engines/Transmissions? Wheel Base options? Coils, Coil Overs or Coil Overs with Cantilever for the rear? What are you thinking? I need answers..... :gap:

Check out the link in my sig..............................

I like the sig,  its ***:pimp:*** Thank you very much.

All those things are serious considerations, I'd love to do something that will accept coils and not just Coil overs, but is usually hard to do and get good geometry on a lifted truck. As for cantilever stuff, from what I've heard back from those that have it, "its great in the beginning and then stuff wears out and it gets loose." So I wouldn't do that. One of my concerns is the steering box, what are people doing for this. I dont think many are staying stock, and its not like the Mini Trucks where everyone gets an IFS box. I ask this because if it's going to be streetable, then its got to have a panhard to go with the draglink, so 3 Link front for sure.  Since the frame rails are so close together on the Cruiser I'd really perfer to go 4link in the rear for fitment. Changing wheelbase with this would be easy to do on a Cruiser. I have no idea about motor options at the moment, that engine bay seems large. I'll let you know after I get done swaping in this 4.7.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html