Author Topic: CA Prop 19 Failed to pass!  (Read 10081 times)

RP-Zuki

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
Re: CA Prop 19 Failed to pass!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 03, 2010, 12:55:13 PM »
i never have and never will only because i see how bad it can affect your body and your mind..  everyone is different and obviously pot smoking affects everyone different but god man, to say that my opinion isnt valid because i know better to not smoke??   almost half of my adult family smokes pot and i have seen first hand how it affects the situation..  my unkle who has been a smoke doper all his life was just diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago.. i dont see smoking pot helping him at all..  no one in my family has anything cancer related in our genes so how come the biggest dope smoker in the family has lung cancer??  his lungs are as black as anyone elses who smokes cigarettes.. to say that smoking dope can have benifit is ridiculous..
 as well, how can you not tell that someone is high or not??  can you not smell it?? see it in their eyes?? see the personallity change from when they are high or not high??  i dont know how you couldnt see that someone is high.. all the signs are there.. you just have to look..

quoting so called "facts" from other biased pro-pot sources is not convincing either..  these debates often tend to go that way when there is no real evidece or proof to support otherwise.. if the arguement was the fact that you just want to get high and that is that.. well than fine.  but to come up with offbeat weird facts and stats justifying how you as a person being high shows benifit, that is an awfully tough sell..   this is the same reason why it really hasnt been legalized yet..   there hasnt really been any real evidence showing that there is any benifit with out some sort of backlash or problem associated with it..  if there was a clear cut 100 percent reason and benifit for legalization, than i would probably see another side..

as well, no one can deny that smoking dope affects your reaction time and clouds your judgment.. i have seen my friends high and they become useless (or less useful) when in that state..  driving is the last place i want to see these people..   the bass player in my band (and one of my best friends) has been a long time dope smoker doesnt smoke before we do a gig...  only because he knows that his playing is hindered and he isnt as "on" when high..  its not fair to the other 3 of us when especially we are playing to the best of our abilities..  a lot of his "mind expansion" comes across as crap but when he is high he feels that a lot of his playing is mind blowing but when he comes down, he realizes that his greatness was more in his head than what actually came out...  

i do agree that drug awareness and education should be a priority..  we spend too much time and money just locking people up spending millions and billions when i think a portion of that money should go to teaching people the facts with cold hard evidence about the effects of drugs on your body..
  ultimatally though, it comes down to your decision..  you can present the pros and cons in any fashion you want but if you arent listening than you will miss the memo..
 eveyone deserves an opinion..  but i think based on your life experiences, age and first hand experience with drugs and drug abuse, your opinion can hold weight or perhaps not as much..

a few years back when i was in a youth rehab program helping chronically addicted chilren and teens kick drugs it was a definite eye opener to what an effect pot can have on your mind and body..  for the most part it always started off as an irregualar smoke here and there but depending what kind of personallity you are, it can escallate badly...  almost 100 percent of the time, it was pot that was the gateway drug that led to worse things..  worse meaning, either worse drugs or just getting in trouble with the law and such to support their habbit..   i spent close to 7 years dealing with kids and teens who smoked a lot of pot and trust me..  i see how it affects them personally and with other people..

this all being said, if it was out of sight out of mind and you were a grown up and can deal with consequences of being high in the privacy of your own home, well than fine.. do the things that make you happy. i just dont want to smell it because it literally makes me dry heave (wierd reaction..).. its your body and your business but when it becomes a problem and my healthcare prices go up because i am paying for your treatment and rehab and cancer treatments than it is becoming my business..

Insitute of Medicine is pro-pot?

Harvard pro-pot?

My links are all valid studies. All links are valid. Sources sited. No BS.

There is no logical explanation for prohibition. Only fear and misinformation.
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2010, 01:11:06 PM by RP-Zuki »