Author Topic: Rate my truck for the trail please  (Read 8998 times)

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
Re: Rate my truck for the trail please
« Reply #30 on: Aug 05, 2009, 07:17:01 AM »
I was big into wheelin 10 yrs ago then I just couldnt afford it and ended up a long haul truck driver so I didnt have the time to do it.  Ive run the con in some pretty basic rigs.  Its been a long time and I heard they really screwed the trail by moving rocks.  Either or ill be at MCR this year and by then I should have some 35's under me.  Then it wont be an issue.  My rig will flex very well so traction is my only problem.  Well that and gears. 
On a bummer note the winch I traded for the head didnt work out since the guy that took the head was worried about losing power since it was a turbo head.  I told him all he needed to do was take .002 off the head and he would be at stock 22R compression ratio but oh well I am gonna sell it off since its a very nice rebuilt head.  I did end up modifying my bumper for a winch before this happened so I now have a newer looking bumper with a receiver hitch in it.  I just need to finish reinforcing it and plating.   It does look pretty sweet tho.  Atleast I think so.
These pics dont really show how its mounted tho.  Ill take a closer one today.  There is a lot more strength to it then you can see from these pics.

Today tho I need to cut my front spring hangers off and make new one then move them forward 2"s to get my rear axle in its correct location.  Gonna have to fab new hangers that are better and stronger then the ones I made before.  Gonna slope these so they will slide better if I contact them.