Author Topic: Hello my name is gotrocks and I'm a toyota-holic.  (Read 27161 times)

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
UPDATES:

Well out with the old and in with the new.  I have been working really hard on getting this done and so far have had a blast doing this.  Since the buggy is getting an engine transplant and didn't want to just let the engine sit I'd throw the engine and spare transmission in along with some duals in the truck.  Then after I got the engine in I decided the suspension needed some help.  I had already bought the TG 4 link kit (a pile of crap in stock form) from a buddy of mine that won in online.  I didn't realize how bad the geometry was on it so I completely cut the kit apart and corrected their mistakes.  The upper links were 30% longer than the lowers and the speration was crap.  It would've had wicked anti wrap and so after some cutting and welding I came out with a really nice setup that should work amazingly off road and on road. 

I will be doing a complete tubed back end and putting the bedsides on for the street.  I hope to link the front up soon and get this thing finished.  It should be an awesome truck when I get done and hopefully I can beat on it a bit without worrying about breaking parts.  I will try to update this as much as I can in my busy schedule but feel free to ask questions.

New engine in its home.  Fits beautifully.

Cutting off the rear section of frame and cutting up the TG crossmember.