Author Topic: Wampum's 85 EFI (Sold)  (Read 39264 times)

wampum

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 330
  • Member since Dec '07
  • IFS > Solid Axle
    • View Profile
Re: Wampum's 85 EFI - IFS Swap
« Reply #90 on: Dec 11, 2008, 12:31:39 AM »
Quasi-Update:
I have had the opportunity to drive this thing around a bit, it's a little shaky with no shocks up front, and no alignment whatsoever, but it can get from A to B.
-My battery was giving me trouble for a while; I had to jump start if i wanted to drive it, and if I turned it off, I would have to jump it again. Swapped a different battery in, and now it'll start on its own. However, whenever I turn on anything in the truck (headlights, blinkers, fan) It really lugs the system, my clock becomes almost unreadable because it is so dim. And with everything there is a noticeable drop on the voltmeter. Is this a weak battery or alternator?

-Another problem is my wheels look like they are doing this right now:
       \\-0--//    (<- neat huh)
It doesn't always seem like that, but I think they are. I suspected it was because I was missing a wheel stud on the driver's side so I replaced that, and now it is just hard to tell. Anyone know what might be causing this? Brand new everything in 'em. Maybe the tires are just retarded or maybe alignment will fix it. Would having the front axle wider than the rear cause any trouble?

-My Engine is running a little choppy, and it appears to be the ignition. I hooked up a timing light to it, and managed to set the timing the best I could, but it is still misfiring. Some wires appear to be getting sparks like 2-3 seconds apart. What could be causing this? I suspect a bad coil? But I did just put new spark plugs in so maybe something is amiss there?

-Also, my valve cover seems to be leaking a lot, and it smells like it is getting into my clutch. So, I think I'm gonna put a new gasket on and adjust the valve clearance while I'm at it.

Let me know what yalls thinks.

So far, I haven't smelled any cat urine either. Rejoice.  :spin: