Author Topic: Question for all you shop owners?  (Read 6842 times)

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
Re: Question for all you shop owners?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 19, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »

You charge more for 4wd?

$3 more for four wheel drives

I know how much the filters cost and most diesel filters cost no more than the average filter and canister/drop ins are not pricey either except in a few cases.  I do charge more for the diesel service since they do take longer to do and I offer fuel filter service too since it should be replaced at least every other oil change. I would have said every change but since low sulfur diesel came into play it is not as bad. I don't charge extra for any filter except in extreme cases.

It is more the time issue here, also sometimes the tools required to do the job (new tundra.... lame canister filter). We carry every fuel filter possible and have the tools to do all flex fuel filters. I am the fastest at all of them and also the 6.0 and 6.4 powerstrokes, diesels are big money makes for him

This is where I have issues with the oil change industry, I don't have a house brand Valvoline is it, there is no upcharge and I'm at 33.75.

It was originally havoline, but that costed more so he went to this. We have one 500 gal bulk tank that is empty, he is thinking about offering a generic synthetic oil change with that and premium with mobil 1

5qts. would be pretty standard, and I charge diesel by the gallon, 1st gallon free.

Diesel is still the same 5 qts, sucks when you have a 15 qt powerstroke or 10 qt duramax or a 11 or 12 qt cummins.......

I will agree that Fram is junk but Penzoil which had issues in the past with paraffin wax build up is just that in the past. Pennsylvania crude is very high in paraffin but is probably one of the sweetest crudes in the world, Penzoil worked very hard in developing their oils and removing the paraffin. In fact they now have a synthetic to rival Mobil 1 and is even going to give SynPower a run for its money.

We have one customer who has had his oil changed by dan since forever always using penzoil and are purilator filters, 562,000 miles on the same engine....... and it is a ford ranger, i know i cant believe it either

But people still keep going there, mostly because their data base is nationwide. You can go to any JL in any state and if you've ever been to a JL you info on your car is there. Of course the real reason is so that any JL can see what has and has not been done to your car so they can try to upsale you.

We are not connected to anyone, if you dont know we ask to look at receipts to find out what services have been done. Or they women call the husband lol
Colorado...its where the cool kids live