Author Topic: Question for all you shop owners?  (Read 6863 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Question for all you shop owners?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
You'd be surprised at how similar my prices are to yours, I ain't no Jiffylube. :reg: But I care for my customers not just as a dollar sign but as a person that may not know about their vehicle and what it really needs. Selling someone unnecessary services is the quickest way to turn what he has now into one of those places that people shy away from. It's all about the soft-sell, if you haven't done it check out the complaints people are filling on the various sites about "quick lube" shops. You'll be shocked. Before I opened my shop I did my homework, lots and lots of research. I found some amazing things that shocked me on what some of these places do. I have never had one customer feel they were taken advantage of or given a service they didn't need or want, my customers leave feeling they got what needed to be done and not something they didn't need. My shop is smack in the middle of new car dealerships and even people coming from them are being taken advantage of. If you sell even one person a service that they really didn't need to make your quota, you are no better than these ripoff shops.

Here's a really cool link to tons of consumer complaints about Jiffylube, most are valid complaints, some are not but this is what makes all "quick lubes" look like crap places that you don't want to go to. My shop was a Jiffylube before we took over, I have talked with a lot of people that used to come here when it was and it was not a good place to come to.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/jiffy_lube_billing.html
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2008, 08:44:43 AM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you