Author Topic: Advanced Theology III - Creation, Evolution & Prophecy  (Read 14984 times)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology III - It Is Written
« on: Jul 08, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
Didn't South Park say it was the Mormons who got it right?  :headscratch:   Sorry if I'm wrong.  I get all of my knowledge from TV.

Seriously though, I'm sorry but I cannot get on board with the idea that there is one specifically RIGHT religion.  I do believe there is a "higher power" and I believe that people should follow the basic concepts of the 10 Commandments, however they might translate into their religion.  But you can't tell me that a group of people on the other side of the earth who have never even heard of the Bible are all going to hell because they never stepped foot inside of a church, yet they lived their whole lives praising whoever they believe their "higher power" to be and living their lives as good caring people?  I think it's extremely closed minded to believe that any one religion is THEEE only right way.  I also find it funny how the people who are supposed to be the most devout christian people are the quickest to pass judgement on others.  I don't say this because of anything specifically posted in this thread, I've just been seeing a lot of it in my life lately.

A truely good religious person, should they care enough to respond to Mini's first post, should have said something along the lines of "I'm sorry you feel that way, Mini, and I truly hope that one day you find the Lord.  Please let me know if you'd ever like any guidance or help in understanding the Word."

:psss: I guess what I'm trying to say here is, I don't get why it matters what you want to call yourself (Christian, Mormon, Seventh Day Adventist, etc.) as long as you have faith in a higher power (i.e. God) and you live your life in the most upstanding way you possibly can, how can you be "wrong?"
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod: