Author Topic: LCE Header... and then?? Header install how-to, pg 7, 12/27/07  (Read 48209 times)

skyscraper

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 589
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
Re: LCE Header... and then??
« Reply #90 on: Nov 19, 2007, 10:51:03 PM »
nice, but I want quiet. I want performance, but not loud performance. I want nice toned , mellow performance with very little resonence. Magnaflow seems to be what people like, but I don't know how loud it is. Keep the comments coming people! Like I have said before, I only want to do exhaust once.
huh?  thats alot to ask.  IMO, the flowmaster is built better than the magnaflow.  Yes, I know, you all will disagree, but it is so much more heavy duty than the magnaflow.  Some claim that it is weak because the chambers are spot welded, but they are more of a short bead, and nothing to worry about.  No, they arent stainless, but thats what paint is for.  And they sound alot better I think.  When you pick the 2 up in your hands, the flowmaster just feels more heavier duty.  I stood on mine and it didnt even budge, even stomped on it a little just to see how strong it was.  I have personally seen a magnaflow blow out also. 
Go to the magnaflow website, I remember reading something about the difference between to oval and round cases.  I think it was in the FAQ???  I believe there is no difference, but I could be wrong.  The 30 hp he may be talking about is probably on a big block or something.
After having just gone through this whole experience myself this past year, I think you are overthinking it.  I couldnt decide between the magna and the flow, but loooking back, its not as big of a deal as you may think.  No matter what, you'll probably be happy with what you get.