Author Topic: Motor Issues  (Read 3171 times)

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Motor Issues
« on: Aug 16, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Timing is supposed to advance way high when throttle is added.  For the dim charge light issue, check the ground wires and main power wires on you're engine and alternator, and make sure you have good contacts (no rust or paint on them).  If the ECM is getting low voltage for some reason when running, it will set weird codes.  After all that is confirmed good, try setting the TPS with your timing light after you clean the crap out of the inside of your throttle body. Jump the t1 to e1 connector on the diagnosis connector in the engine bay with the engine running and A/C off and the idle should drop.  Next check the timing with a timing light.  It should be at 10 degrees or so.  Loosen the screws on the tps and gently tap it until the timing changes (note: big change).  When it changes, gently tap it back the other way until it goes back to base timing and tighten screws and you're set.  I know it doesn't tell you to do it this way in the FSM, but smog guys have been doing this successfully for years without problems, and it's easier than the stupid fealer gauges.  If this doesn't fix the tps code, you have some serious wirring issues.

P.S.  If you need another tps, I might have what you are looking for for free....
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"