Author Topic: Project Kilchis!! Update 9/13/09  (Read 108155 times)

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project Kilchis!!
« on: Jun 28, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »
Well, I got the bellhousing somewhat clean, and the rag isn't!  Little brake cleaner goes along way!  :thumbs:  I got the flywheel resurfaced, by the guy I got my motor from and today I dropped off my free exhaust manifold to have it resurfaced.  Took it to the muffler guy and had him weld up the air injection ports.  First of all he didn't want to do it, until he decided to buff down the steel sleeves and drop in some bolts to weld to the ports!  Looks good! 

Was gonna get ready to drop in the distributor until I noticed the gear on the end is messed up!  Parts of the teeth are missing and shifted up!  :yikes:  I'll get pics later!  So, I'll have to swap all the parts from one to the spare dist.  One came with all new parts on it!  Brass connections not aluminum.  So, that's this weekends goal.

I broke a stud in the Turbo manifold so the spare efi is coming in handy!  That and the burned up wire for the coil will get fixed.  That's getting re-routed around the firewall to the coil, not directly over the exhaust! 

So my goals for Sunday is to tear the Turbo efi off and swap it over to the new motor, install the distributer, and the flywheel!  And I'll start to check the wires for anything bad!  Just waiting for the clutch.  Marlin was waiting for a shipment of throw out bearings to come in from L.A.  Talked to Dave at the shop, he's way cool person to talk to!  I really need to make a trip to the shop next time I'm down in Fresno! 

I'm gonna ship some cheese to them right before the Roundup this year.  Did you hear that Mrs Willy there will be some cheese there for you!   :yesnod:  Well later!  :cheese:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen