Author Topic: Project Kilchis!! Update 9/13/09  (Read 108604 times)

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project Kilchis!!
« on: Jun 17, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »
Well the motor is out!

Which was fun.  :maddest: Especially for the one bolt that bolts into the bell housing that was covered in crude, so I couldn't see it, until I started to scrape away crude from around the bell housing.  Then the input spline was rusty and didn't want to slide out of the clutch without some serious pulling on it, and a little use of the prybar!  The bell housing is in need of some cleaning!

The front and rear main seals were definitely shot!

I fixed the fuel filler neck, cause all the ones I was given, were for 3rd gen, and have a smaller diameter opening.  2" versus 1.75".  So I snagged the filler neck off the old chevy bed we have as a trailer and it worked. 

Then I went to a guys house for some exhaust, and I got the older style of collector and downpipe, another fuel filler neck, and some more doors, second gen, all for free!  The doors are beat, but I can see some nice half doors!!  This guy has a yard full of toyota's and I know were to get parts if needed!

And I found out why the motor didn't want to start, was the coil wires turned to dust inside the heat shielding.  I probably could have figured that out if I wanted to seriously run the turbo, but I just want to run a 22re.  And on monday I'll be ordering a clutch and some necessary stuff from Marlin!   :willynilly:  Whoo Hooo!!  The clutch disc is down to the last 10% or so, and since I'm right there, it would be silly not to replace it!  And I'll have to get the flywheel turned too!

What takes the longest on some of this is cleaning off the crude that is stuck to everything!  Got some killer stuff from work.  Orange Magic, and it does wonders, including getting your hands cleaner than GoJo or anything else I've tried!  I just didn't want to put dirty parts on the new motor!  Just cleaned up and repainted parts!  :beer:   
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen