Author Topic: detroit or ARB in the rear for rig that will see street use...  (Read 6424 times)

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
:rofl2:

You've got to be kidding me, your HONESTLY going to choice an ARB over a Detroit? 

You know how many ARB's ive seen SHATTER on the trail compared to Detroits?   A DETROIT WILL NOT BREAK unless you dont know how to set them up right.
Hyena's blew out a detroit but thats only because there was slop in there and it beat itself to death. I stand by detroit myself.. I have yet to see one blow up on the trail... ARB on the other hand.. yea its great that you can engauge and dis-engauge it but you'll be dealing with leaky lines and it'll eventually go.... seen it happen MANY times.

seen way to many detriots fail  and for a street driven truck they BLOW  especially in snow..  hell ive almost got in a few accidents on dry pavement because of a detroit  they suck.   the only problems ive ever seen with a arb have all been oring related no leaky lines.   and sorry  if a  dana44 arb of all things will stand up to 49" iroks  then im sold  because ive seen it in person same with on 44" boggers.. In reverse  up saddle lake  in the highlakes   damn near standing the truck on its front end BOUNCING  44 held and so did the arb.. 44" boggers at about 5 psi..  that thing should be DEAD.

And  know how to set them up right ?   lol whats there to know? i usually set the lash a little tighter on a detroit  since there is so much slop in them  so things stay together.

detroits are all hype.. hell  look at all the hype around the aussie locker how their so great..  :pokinit: and look who ever broke one.  chris ! i would never imagine him breaking one.   nobody i know would stick a detroit in the front either.  break a shaft or a birf and the locker is toast.. sorry i'll replace shafts but im not gonna replace a 4-500 dollar locker every single time i break  screw that.

ARBS are where its at. if i could afford it  id have them front and rear..  The only reason people are so hard up for detroits are because they have been around longer than dirt   And yeah  they work    but the slop that they have and put into the drivetrain is not good.

just my opinion though..  You know like they say.. Opinions are like assholes  everyone has one and they all stink
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !