Author Topic: lets here your thoughts  (Read 4270 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: lets here your thoughts
« on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:41:10 PM »
my room mate just got out of the hospital because of failed kidneys, he in now doing dialisis 3 days a week for half a day and cant work. do i let him slide on rent cause hes a friend, or do i tell him sorry bout your luck but the first of the month was weeks ago.

I'd say it depends on how good of a friend he is.  If he's a great friend, and you know you can trust him to take care of business, and that he's just hit a crappy time in his life, talk to him about it, he may be stressing over the rent himself, feeling bad because he hasn't been able to take care of it.  Suggest disability, and if he's not that great of a friend, and yo udon't trust him to cover his share, tell him you need it in writing that he'll pay you back, and that you need him to pay rent still.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent