Author Topic: I could be dead...  (Read 3433 times)

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
Re: I could be dead...
« on: Oct 11, 2005, 05:16:04 AM »
I know exactly how you feel RHG.I've actually had that happen to me twice.The first time I was 16.I had only had my license for about a month and was coming home from six flags with a friend.I had been up since about 6 that morn and it was a 3 hr drive home.It was about 1am and my friend had already passed out so here I was pretty much alone,it was dark,I wasn't use to driving at night and had been up along time and spent all day at the amusment park.I was on a 4 lane divided highway and I nodded off.Luckily,there was a car beside me and when I nodded off I started drifting towards it and they blew the horn and woke me back up.If that car hadn't been there I would have crossed the median into who know's what.
Obviously I didn't learn from that cause it happened again about six yr's later.I was working 3rd shift and I was bad to not go to sleep when I got off on friday mornings.I would just stay up all day and then crash that night.My wife and I were just dating then and it was about 2 or 3 in the morn when I dropped her off.I was fine while she was there,but as soon as I dropped her off and started home,I began nodding almost immediatly.It was only about 5 miles home so I figured I could make it no problem.About a half mile from home I woke up and could see nothing but tall weeds hitting the front of the truck.Luckily I was on a gravel road so I was going slow and was probably only going about 25 mph.The bank I ran off of was only about 5 ft high where I ran off the road at and was sloped pretty good.I did have to put it in 4 wheel drive to back out.If I had ran off the road only 20 yard's farther down I would have probably rolled cause the bank got alot steeper and higher.
There's alot of other times I've had where I don't remeber traveling a certain part of the road and others where I've nodded and caught myself before anything happend.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater