Author Topic: Dead Beat BUYER on this BBS - crawlerfj40  (Read 2721 times)

The_Blue_Coyote

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -38
  • Male Posts: 81
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
    • Blue Coyote Racing
Dead Beat BUYER on this BBS - crawlerfj40
« on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:05:56 AM »
Like my post states, these are DEAD BEAT BUYERS from this BBS!
    crawlerfj40   aka
Kevin Blevins a.k.a. Patrick Kevin Blevins
Stacy Ann Marie Blevins
Sonora, Ca 95370-9163

PO Box 272
Denair, Ca 95316-0272

They have since moved '6 states over'. Their email -> rockngirl@beu.midco.net goes to a local ISP in the SW Minnisota, NE Nebraska area. Kevin used to work for Caltrans. They drove a maroon Explorer. Kevin owned an FJ40 and may have been building a truck for Stacey.
They are CROOKS that owe me $400!

Here is what occured. Last spring I advertised my Marlin Crawler (#212), Both X-fer cases, Bud-Built X member and 2 drivelines for sale on PBB and Marlins Board. Get an email from Ms Blevins that she wants it. We talk on the phone and tell her first one here with the cash gets it. She wants to mail me a MO for a deposit then pick it up on the weekend - no biggie, except the mail around here is slow. Call her back and suggest PayPal. She sends me $400 via PayPal to hold it, and will bring $400 cash. Friday night she calls and said she paid the second $400 via PayPal. Verified it was there, she and Kevin drive down to pick it up - everything is cool. I pull most of the money out of my PayPal acct for other stuff, but leave $135 in.
About a month later PayPal take$ 400 back from my account, and stated that I owe PayPal $263. Call up to find out WTF is going on. PayPal will not tell me, will not give me any info on the Blevins, and suggest that I call the local PD. Call the San Berdo Co sherrif - to them it is a civil matter and will not help me. The Sonora PD said the same thing. PayPal will only give the info to the PD. W/O any info I cannot even to to small claims court. Only thing I got was that the "credit card account they used has an issue. We have launched an investigation" - to date they will not tell me anything. PayPal then send ME to collectinos. PayPal is a joke, since they cannot contact the Belvins, they come after me..

Have made many calls to the Blevins, gotten 1 responce. They had some issues and have moved 6 states over but will make it right. Sent many emails, got a few responces. State they sent me a MO. I have NEVER recieve any MO. Stacey said she will find the reciept for proof, and I can collect from the MO vendor. Guess what - no receipt, no MO, no nothing. They will no longer respond to any emails.

So Mr/ Mrs Blevins - I warned you. I tried to work this out. I no longer care about your financial situation. If you cannot pay for something , do not buy it.

I WANT MY $400 !

Either send me a MO for $400 overnight UPS / Fed Ex or bring the Crawler and all the stuff back! If this is not settled by 01/01/06 every bit of info I dig up will be posted on the internet. Want to be the next Wenzle???
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2005, 01:21:07 AM by The_Blue_Coyote »
GOT LEAFS ?
www.bluecoyoteracing.com
84 Totota 4x4 class 7S  #797

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Beat BUYER on this BBS - crawlerfj40
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:09:27 AM »
:popcorn: Might be a good idea to take off that address, if in fact it is a good address. I have heard some bad stuff happening with addresses being posted online, like the people being robbed for what they said they had online. :popcorn:
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

The_Blue_Coyote [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
    • Blue Coyote Racing
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:24:11 AM »
:popcorn: Might be a good idea to take off that address, if in fact it is a good address. I have heard some bad stuff happening with addresses being posted online, like the people being robbed for what they said they had online. :popcorn:

They have since moved to MN or NE. This is all public info - 10 minutes on the net  got me this. I do not wish anyone bad things on anyone, but had they paid their bills none of this  would be happening.
GOT LEAFS ?
www.bluecoyoteracing.com

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:34:50 PM »
Robbed from a po box?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

The_Blue_Coyote [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
    • Blue Coyote Racing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2005, 01:11:51 AM »
BTT
I want my $$$
 :maddest:
GOT LEAFS ?
www.bluecoyoteracing.com

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2005, 05:10:09 PM »
Check their profile and see when they were last on, or if they've reverted to a guest. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2005, 07:30:47 PM »
Name:  crawlerfj40
Position:  Dusty Trails
Turtle Points  0 
Turtle Points from Good Turtle:  +0/ Good Turtle Caught: 0 
Turtle Points from Evile Turtle!:  -0/ Evile Turtle! Caught: 0 
Date Registered:  January 21, 2005, 08:31:32 am
Last Active:  October 15, 2005, 04:33:59 pm

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2005, 10:33:56 PM »
Well, you've emailed them already so there goes my next suggestion.  Now :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2005, 11:18:03 PM »
I thought PayPal was supposed to be the safe way to conduct biz on the net. Guess not, cash in had is the best way to do any deals.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2005, 12:30:50 AM »
Yeah, I dont trust anyone for more than 20-30 bucks if I cant to a cash deal.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

The_Blue_Coyote [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
    • Blue Coyote Racing
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »
Still no info - so I will up the anty.
$25 to the first person who can find their current valid address / phone #  that results in my recovering my $425!  ($400 for the STOLEN Marlin Crawler #212 + the $25 recovery fees incurred)

Hint - believe that they moved to MN or SD...

GOT LEAFS ?
www.bluecoyoteracing.com

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2006, 05:47:01 PM »
Paypal is safe, but the smart thing to do is take the money out or transfer it to your bank account soon after recieving it.  It's not terribly uncommon for scammers to send the money, you think everything's great so you send the parts, then when they get it or know it's en route they cancel the payment.  In the future just transfer the cash to your bank account right after getting it.
RIP KYOTA

The_Blue_Coyote [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
    • Blue Coyote Racing
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2006, 08:42:45 AM »
Paypal is safe, but the smart thing to do is take the money out or transfer it to your bank account soon after recieving it.  It's not terribly uncommon for scammers to send the money, you think everything's great so you send the parts, then when they get it or know it's en route they cancel the payment.  In the future just transfer the cash to your bank account right after getting it.

I did that - took out most of it. However since the Blevins stiffed Paypal, Paypal decided it was easier to come after me - took the $ I still had in the account, and sent ME to collections for the balance. So now I have a collections marker on my credit report. And due to my involvment in the ****** industry, any flaw on the credit report is a big issue. Luckliy my employer is aware of the situation and has excused it
 Once I get my $400 + fees from the Blevins, I STILL  have to pay off PayPal. ALL of this internet activity will be part of the documentation used to remove the collections marker from my credit rating. In the grand scheme of things the $400 is not huge, but the mark on my credit is.
GOT LEAFS ?
www.bluecoyoteracing.com

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »
Man, I was pretty sure paypal wasn't supposed to work like that.  That really sucks though having the mark and all.  I had one of my credit card company cash a check for 2 payments but not credit me, then sent me to collections and I was like WTF!  I called them and my bank several times trying to get it sorted out but the cc company kept saying they didn't cash it, and on a 3 way call with them and the bank the bank told em "yes you did, your company stamp is on the back!", yet they still won't admit it.  After a lot of reasoning with them they took me out of collections, but a few months later I still haven't been credited, and what makes it worse is that I have to retell the story every time I talk to one of those yahoos.  Don't get an mbna card, and if you have one pay it off asap, cause they are the most aggressive, will mark your credit for anything and everything, will check all your other creditors and raise your rates if they even see a late payment, and get in trouble the most for breaking the law.  I know I can sue them for their neglegence and probably get my card wiped clean and a cash settlement, but I don't really feel like going through all the hubub.

You should read all the rules and user agreement for paypal and see if there's a loophole or something, or if they're screwing you over.
RIP KYOTA

laoseth

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 34
  • Male Posts: 46
  • Member since Nov '04
  • One day, it will just run
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2006, 02:10:03 PM »
www.paypalsucks.com <--- I thought this site was fake when I first saw it, but I keep hearing more and more horror stories like this.  Kind of a bummer, cause it really makes paying for :pokinit: on the net so easy.