Author Topic: my battery light came on as well as my parking brake light  (Read 13939 times)

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
You are going to take the thing out anyway, I'd say try changine brushes first, they are only a couple of bucks and a few minutes with the soldering iron. If you do go with a new alt, just remember that if you go with an aftermarket one, you will need to be real good at taking the alternator out and puting it back in. Thats because you will change it alot. Look at the above post, dude's on number 13!! One time deal with a toyota alternator and you don't have to worry about changing the alternator 13 times.

Also keep in mind, if you are the type that likes mudding, mud can get inside the alt and push the brushes off the slip rings, and the alt won't work. So keep it clean. I watched my brother go through four pepboys alternators before he sprung for the toyota one and hasn't had a problem since. On the other hand, he got real good at changing his alt.

takes me bout 15 mins to change my alternator without draining the radiator.   ive had 2 toyota alts  and i wasnt about to pay again so i decided to spring for a new one from kragen and if it died then id just take it back and get a new one..   Sofar  number 13  has been the ticket.  holding up to a ton of water and winching.
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !