Author Topic: Seriously, Why No Spring Under SAS?  (Read 19286 times)

Dirt Mover

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 186
  • Male Posts: 355
  • Member since Sep '03
  • Chrome won't get you home
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously, Why No Spring Under SAS?
« on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »
Toyodaaddict, that is pretty much right on the money for what I was thinking.  Looks like he is running a 6 leaf pack up there...would have to add a few to a stock rear pack to get it to sit high enough.  I'm sure I could come up with something out of my piles of extra random leaves.  Dirt Mover, I am not building around springs I have, as I don't have any for the front at the moment, besides if I went RUF with it.  I figured if anything I would just buy 5" front springs and figure on keeping it small for now If I were to do this.  Otherwise are there any non ghetto crossover / low steer setups out there that would be acceptable for street use if a person wanted to do a flatter RUF pack (spring over)?  Anybody else want to chime in?  I thought for sure I would be stirring the pot more than this.

My bad, the suspension section has a similar question. (I believe he has the springs)
My rig would be ridiculed by most for being too tall. 4" front AP springs, 4" MC rear. 3" BL, 6.5" shackles with lowered spring hangers. I stay tall with no bumpstops to be able to stuff the tires. The front will push my 37" Iroks into the frame at the body mount and the rear nearly hits the frame with an 86 rear end with offset wheels. The BL was put on 15 years ago before options for springs were available. After building bumpers and side protection it would suck to rebuild all 3.
Being low has advantages, being tall has advantages same as having little or lots of articulation. Build it, wheel it and lets have a beer around a campfire and talk about it.  :beerchug: