Author Topic: Gun Control (as as result of the shooting in AZ)  (Read 9977 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
After the horrible shooting in Connecticut two days ago, I thought of a great idea about gun control...

I think that if we can make guns illegal which will get them off the streets, then I think we should also make crack and heroin illegal to get them off the streets too! What do you guys think? :dunce:

I took a criminology course this quarter. I was blown away when I found the culmination of the course and texbooks was basically to state that the war on drugs is a failure, gun control doesn't curb gun violence, and removing personal freedoms does not protect anyone any more so than if those restrictions were not in place.

Basically, the course proved everything I had come to learn on my own. The frightening part, is unlike myself, most students in that course planned to become lawyers, judges, public officials, etc. So basically, those classmates of mine were likely to ignore or forget everything they learned, and would down the road come to epitomize the problems outlined as failures in that very course.

It was a sad lesson in the truth being ignored and the definition of insanity being the typical response or action by our elected officials.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting