Author Topic: Tools Wanted...Split rings needed  (Read 631 times)

nk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 72
  • Male Posts: 24
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Tools Wanted...Split rings needed
« on: Dec 31, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
Suppose this is a good enough place to ask...So most of my tools, particularly my front axle specialty tools, are in washington in a storage locker and I am down in my new home of Eugene OR with a blown trunnion bearing, preparing to do an axle rebuild. As it turns out I won't be able to go get the rest of my stuff until february, and I would really rather not buy a second set of tools if I can avoid it, so if anyone is in the eugene area and has tools for an axle rebuild and would be willing to let me use them I would really appreciate it. I can offer collateral or something if you're not the overly trusting type ( i think I am pretty trustworthy but I totally understand not trusting any old shmuck on an online forum). Specifically I am looking for:

the 54mm spindle nut
a fish scale
knuckle shim SST  :wink2:

and anything else that would be helpful, like snap ring pliers and brass drifts and knuckle bearing SST's, but I have enough basic tools to get by without anything more than whats on the list. If I have to I will get by without the shim tool as well, but it would be nice, and I realize the the first two are kinda inexpensive but the project budget is pretty low right now and you know how the cost of these things can creep up...

As for parts if anyone has a spare set of the steel split rings for the inside of the knuckle (the ones that go between the knuckle and the rubber seal) in good shape mine are kinda messed up (old, pitted from rust and corrosion) and I could use those too, apparently you cant buy them outside of a kit and I already ordered a marlin kit (that doesn't include them  :smack:).

BTW I am also looking for more people to wheel with in the eugene area so if you just want to go play when the trucks back together hit me up for that too.
oops...