Author Topic: 1987 4Runner SR5 3RZ SAS - Oregon **SOLD**  (Read 13830 times)

chim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
1987 4Runner SR5 3RZ SAS - Oregon **SOLD**
« on: Jul 08, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »
Up for sale.

Need to put money towards a house.

Here is the build thread: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=78456.0

1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3RZ SAS
Rock Crawler/ Daily Driver
Body:
Straight 1987 SR5 body with zero rust. Paint looks decent when washed but has clear coat peel on hood and roof. Factory sunroof with a factory sunroof cover.  Power windows. Power locks. Power mirrors. Variable speed wipers. Parts for cruise control. Setup for AC (needs compressor that fits 3RZ). Deluxe SR5 seats with drivers multiple adjustment and no tears. Factory double stack console unmodified. All panels in good shape. Crack on dash pad in the usual location. Factory inclinometer and tach dash with factory gauges which are all functioning with the 3RZ. Roll bar has the factory pad. Interior needs carpet and shift boot leather. Decent stereo and Cobra CB are included. Piaa HID bulbs. All LED interior lighting on dash. Nice aluminum grant steering wheel.
Chassis:
Frame is a 1986. Body swap was done by me. Original body was dented and fenders had been cut and I wanted something cleaner. Front axle is an 85 trussed, gusseted with a Detroit locker, trail gear diff guard,  5.29 yukon gears,  bobby long 30 spline chrome axles, trail gear six shooter knuckles, bobby long chrome IFS conversion hub gears, wheel spacers, rebuilt within the last two years using marlin crawler rebuild with eco seals. Trail gear high steer with two new tie rod ends and stabilizer shock. Rear axle is the 86 IFS rear axle with a Detroit locker, trail gear diff guard,  5.29 yukon gears (just rebuilt when I bought), new rear axle seals and wheel bearings from marlin crawler. All 4 shocks are brand new Rancho RS9000 long travel 9 position adjustable. Rear springs are 63” chevy’s with add-a-leafs and blocks. Front springs are trail gear. Front driveshaft is a square tube shaft, rear shaft is a newly built CV joint shaft from driveline tech. Multi-pattern flanges. Transmission is stock 1986 W56 with single top shift case. Fresh resurfaced flywheel and brand new clutch kit from Marlin Crawler. New Tacoma slave cylinder and hard clutch lines and a new clutch master.
Engine:
1998 2.7 3RZ Tacoma motor with approx 80-100k running full synthetic. T-100 oil pan conversion, New rear main seal, new thermostat, running factory Toyota red coolant, new plugs, one-off LC engineering coated 3RZ conversion header that they don’t even make, new 2-1/4” exhaust, new high flow cat, new stainless magnaflow muffler and running two 02 sensors (one brand new factory Toyota $120), new lifetime warranty radiator, power steering pressure hose and probably more that I cant think of.
Other:
Has homemade rock sliders (not by me), marlin crawler rear bumper, marlin crawler front bumper (has stinger kit, just not welded on), trail gear led front turn signals, led back up lights and new tail light lenses with new seals from Toyota, 37x12.5x17 Wrangler MTRS with low mileage and have free rotations and balancing from Americas Tire Co. The tires also have extended free replacement warranty on them. Rims are new 17x9 black soft 8 rims (I have one brand new spare rim as well), Yakima rack.
Spare parts:
W56 transmission with another top shift case for running duals, spare front stock driveline with CV, custom bikini top made from an old 4runner top, Poly body bushings, Stock color matching steering wheel, 3RZ engine wiring harness and computer, spring bump stop kit, front spring bushing kit and other stuff that I cant think of right now.

I have tons of pics of everything about this runner.
Tags are good till Jan 2015

$10,500

HogCanyonHopper

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 7319
  • Male Posts: 1,224
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 4Runner SR5 3RZ SAS - Oregon
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2013, 06:49:51 AM »
man, all that work and now you're gonna sell it?  :rivers: Such a clean runner and awesome job on the 3rz swap bro  :thumbs: Good luck with the sale.
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88478.0
Where are we going? And why are we in a handbasket?

My friend is goin to moan this weekend - RockcrawlinJK

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2013, 08:12:42 AM »
it does suck, but I don't want to miss my window to get a house and home prices and interest rates are already starting to climb again :(

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2013, 07:08:59 PM »
wish i had the cash good luck
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
Also comes with a front range off road t-case crossmember clocked 10 degrees and a brand new in the box marlin crawler dual case adapter clocked 10 degrees all you need for dual cases except speedo extension.

Mcd083

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Hey I saw your add on cl and responded but I'm not sure if you got it. So I signed up here to contact you. I'm interested and would like to come see the 4runner. Pm me and I'll give you my number, or just check your email. It's in there... Thanks
-Matt

H8PVMNT

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
Keep your Toyota and don't get a mortgage.  A house payment is no better than rent, trust me...

I had a couple paragraphs of lunatic ranting about why here but decided to edit it because it's none of my business...  :)

Either way, nice 4runner.  If you sell it don't take a beating on it.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2013, 04:42:28 PM by H8PVMNT »
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

sempertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2013, 03:57:34 PM »
love the rig, but i think your sig is tasteless.

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2013, 08:05:19 AM »
Keep your Toyota and don't get a mortgage.  A house payment is no better than rent, trust me...

I had a couple paragraphs of lunatic ranting about why here but decided to edit it because it's none of my business...  :)

Either way, nice 4runner.  If you sell it don't take a beating on it.

Its all good.. I read what you wrote and I am going through a local lending company.. not the big banks. After living in an apartment for almost 9 years I am ready for a house!

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2013, 08:05:57 AM »

Haha, you must be Mormon ;) If you ever want to discuss it let me know!

sempertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2013, 08:24:16 AM »
Haha, you must be Mormon ;) If you ever want to discuss it let me know!

I am, and if you want to discuss it, I'm open. That being said, as a fellow wheeler and toyota lover (as well as presumed Christian) I would ask that you don't have anti Mormon messages as what defines you to the world. If you choose  to, that's fine. You have your beliefs and have mine.

Glws.

Jon

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »
I am, and if you want to discuss it, I'm open. That being said, as a fellow wheeler and toyota lover (as well as presumed Christian) I would ask that you don't have anti Mormon messages as what defines you to the world. If you choose  to, that's fine. You have your beliefs and have mine.

Glws.

Jon

As I don't believe mormons are Christian I will leave my signature as is. And I would be more than happy to provide proof of my claims.

I will start with your pm and if anyone else is interested I will gladly post public :)

(oops, I thought you pm'd me... Give me a few minutes and I will post my evidence)

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »
I wrote this 6 years ago when I was teaching publically on the subject. Thankfully truth remains the same no matter how much time has passed.

***Key point: mormon's use the same terminology as Christians therefore making many think they actually are Christian.. yet defining these Christian terms shed light on what mormon's believe which is actually not Christian at all.***

When a Mormon says “God the Father”

1. Once a man.

Joseph Smith taught:

“God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. …I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil…

It is the first principle of the gospel to know for a certainty the character of God …and that He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did; …you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another,… from exaltation to exaltation, until you attain to the resurrection of the dead, and are able to dwell in everlasting burnings. And to sit in glory, as do those who sit enthroned in everlasting power” (History of the Church Vol. 6 pages 305-306)

“The Father is a glorified, perfected, resurrected, exalted man who worked out his salvation by obedience to the same laws he has given to us so that we may do the same” (A New Witness for the Articles of Faith, page 64)

The Bible says:

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

Hosea 11:9 …I am not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee…

2. God had a father.

Joseph Fielding Smith said. “Our father in heaven, according to the Prophet, had a father, and since there has been a condition of this kind though all eternity, each Father had a Father” (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:47)

The Bible says:

Psalm 90:2 (Moses praying to the Lord) Before the mountains were brought forth, or even hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou are God.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he; before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44:6 I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:8 Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God, I know not any.

Isaiah 46:5 To whom will you liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else, I am God, and there is none like me.

3. God has a body.

Joseph Fielding Smith said. “I know that God is a being with a body, parts and passions… Man was born of woman; Christ, the Savior, was born of woman; and God, the Father was born of woman” (Deseret News, Church News, Sept 19, 1936, page 2)

Doctrine & Covenants Section 130:22 “The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s…”

The Bible says:

John 4:24 (In speaking of God the Father) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Luke 24:39 (Jesus speaking) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see: for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

John 1:18 & I John 4:12 No man hath seen God at anytime:

4. God has a wife.

“For as we have a Father in heaven, so also we have a mother there, a glorified, exalted, ennobled Mother” (As quoted in Achieving a Celestial Marriage, LDS Church manual, 1976 page 129)

The Bible says:

Refer to previous Isaiah passages

5. God makes kids.

In speaking of Heaven; “And there, as here, we will spread forth, and multiply our children. How long? For eternity. What, resurrected Saints have children? Yes, the same as our God, who is the Father of our spirits; so you, if you are fruitful to the end, will become fathers to your sons and daughter, who will be as innumerable as the sands upon the sea shore.” (B.H. Roberts, The Mormon Doctrine of Deity, page 276-284, quotes approvingly Orson Pratt’s view of Heaven)

The Bible says:

John 1:11-12 He came to his own, and his own received him not. – But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Romans 8:15-17 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry Abba, Father.
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

6. God is changing.

Blacks and the priesthood, Polygamy, Temple ceremony (Blood oaths, words, washing, etc), Adam-god,

The Bible says:

Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not;

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

When a Mormon says “Jesus Christ”

1. Was created.

Orson Pratt states; “As God the Father begat the fleshly body of Jesus, so He, before the world began, begat his spirit. As the body required an earthly Mother, so his spirit required a heavenly Mother. As God associated in the capacity of a husband with the earthly mother, so likewise He associated in the same capacity with the heavenly one.” (The Seer, page 158-159)

The Bible says:

Jesus Christ was not created, but is the Creator…

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 ...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

2. Not begotten by Holy Spirit.

Brigham Young states in a message about Adam being God; “When the virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, the Father had begotten Him in His own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family… Jesus, our elder brother, was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the garden of Eden, and who is our Father in Heaven. Now remember from this time forth and forever, that Jesus Christ was not begotten by the Holy Ghost” (J of D, Vol. 1, pages 50-51)

The Bible says:

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Luke 1:35 The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

3. Brother of Lucifer as we are.

In the Mormon concept of “eternal progression,’ Mormons believe that Jesus Christ, Lucifer, and all of us were spirit children of God in the pre-mortal world. (Mormon Doctrine page 278)

The Bible says:

God created all things, even the Angels.

4. Became a God.

Milton R. Hunter wrote, “Jesus became a God and reached His great state of understanding through consistent effort and continuous obedience to all the Gospel truths and universal laws” (G.T.A. page 51)

“If a man gets the fullness of the priesthood of God, he has to get it in the same way that Jesus Christ obtained it, and that was by keeping all the commandments and obeying all the ordinances of the house of the Lord (temple)” (Mormon Doctrine page 482)

McConkie says of Christ; “He is the firstborn of the Father. By obedience and devotion to the truth he attained that pinnacle of intelligence which ranked him as a God, as the Lord Omnipotent while yet in his pre-existent state”

(How could this happen unless there are temples in Heaven. And this is the whole purpose of Mormonism, is to come to earth to get a body, prove yourself, do the temple ordinances and earn your way to godhood.)

Contradiction: “---and also to the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, manifesting himself to all nations---(“And now, if there are faults they are the mistakes if men,--)disclaimer!(Book of Mormon title page)

5. Jesus was married.

Apostle Orson Hyde wrote, “Jesus was the bridegroom at the marriage of Cana and Galilee” (J of D Vol. 2, page 82)

Apostle Orson Pratt wrote, “If all the acts of Jesus were written, we no doubt should learn that these beloved women (Mary, Martha and Mary Magdalene) were his wives.” (The Seer page 159)

6. Jesus had children.

Orson Hyde states, “Before the Savior died, He looked upon His own natural children, as we look upon ours.” (J of D, Vol 2 page 82)

7. Jesus didn’t die for all sins.

McConkie states: But under certain circumstances there are some serious sins for which the cleansing of Christ does not operate, and the law of God is that men must then have their own blood shed to atone for their sins. (Mormon Doctrine page 92)

The Bible says:

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

When a Mormon says “Holy Ghost”

1. Waiting for a body.

Joseph Smith states; “The Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body as the Savior did or as the gods before them took bodies” (Discourses on the Holy Ghost, compiled by N.B. Lundwall page 73)

2. Distinction between Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit

Apostle John A. Widtsoe said; “The Holy Ghost, sometimes called the comforter, is the Third member of the Godhead, and is a personage distinct from the Holy Spirit. AS a personage, the Holy Ghost cannot any more that the Father and Son be everywhere present in person” (E & R page 76)

2. Can’t be everywhere at once.

McConkie states; “The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a personage of Spirit, a Spirit Person, A Spirit Man, a Spirit Entity. He can be in only one place at a time, and he does not and cannot transform himself into any other form or image than that of the Man whom he is though his power and influence can be manifest at one and the same time through all immensity” (Mormon Doctrine page 359)
**Only the power and influence are there… not the actual Holy Ghost**
**Holy Spirit is not listed in the “Trinity” of Mormonism**

How can that be when the Bible says that whenever 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, there I am among you?

Don't be afraid to post on my sale ad... I would rather speak the truth of mormonism than sell my runner :)

camhays556

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 498
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
nicely written, good luck with the runner sale to  :thumbs:

sempertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
Chim, thanks for all the info. I can tell that you have put a lot of time and energy into your post as well as into your beliefs.

As I said above, I have my beliefs and you have yours. I am LDS, and believe in my faith. This centers on faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior and redeemer of mankind.  I respect you and what you believe. I know that we won't get anywhere in our discussion (especially over the internet) so, best of luck.

Jon

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
I guess, in a sense, I am still Mormon, but I no longer attend church for some reasons. If you choose not to beleive it, fine, but to bad mouth someone else's religion is not very Christian at all.... Just sayin........
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

TheChewMaster

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 245
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
I am not a follower of either, but there is no bad mouthing. IMO the only 'bad mouthing' possibility is in the sig

Nice runner, if only i didnt have too many projects

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
Chim, thanks for all the info. I can tell that you have put a lot of time and energy into your post as well as into your beliefs.

As I said above, I have my beliefs and you have yours. I am LDS, and believe in my faith. This centers on faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior and redeemer of mankind.  I respect you and what you believe. I know that we won't get anywhere in our discussion (especially over the internet) so, best of luck.

Jon

I understand what you are saying Jon, I just wouldn't follow a religion blindly. You are supposed to love the Lord not only with your Spirit but with your mind. Just because you believe something whole heartedly doesn't make it true. Your last line is perfect proof of why terms need to be defined. But you are right.. I cant change you with my words, but know I have no hostility towards you or any mormon but against a theology that leads people astray. :)

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »
I guess, in a sense, I am still Mormon, but I no longer attend church for some reasons. If you choose not to beleive it, fine, but to bad mouth someone else's religion is not very Christian at all.... Just sayin........

Jimbo, you have chimed in more than once in a course of many years whenever the subject comes up and your religious status is always the same.. For someone who hasn't practiced what they believe for many many years its hard to take your religious advice as nothing more than nonconstructive chatter. I will always do my best to support what I believe to be true and admitting when I don't know what the answer is.. but still striving to learn and grow and find answers as anyone should when it comes to spiritual eternal matters.

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »
I am not a follower of either, but there is no bad mouthing. IMO the only 'bad mouthing' possibility is in the sig

Nice runner, if only i didnt have too many projects

I know my signature may be offensive to mormons.. but it has served its purpose many times, this thread being evidence :)

1985CRAWLER

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 267
  • Male Posts: 1,163
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Backyard Built
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »
come on guys lets focus on the runner at hand..lol

GLWS this is an awesome rig chim! i am now going to order the LED reverse/dash lights after reading your build thread ;)
low n' slow 85 runner SR5 22re,rcvs ,Duals,5.29s,Detroits f&r,40s,RUF,Chevy 63 rears,Armored,Cage

bobbed and beat 91 ex cab,3RZ swapped,dual ultimates, dana 44 sas 5.38/5.29 combo,37s, RUF, 63 rears,ARB front, detroit rear,cage

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=96250.msg1073007;topicseen#msg1073007

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26920.390

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
come on guys lets focus on the runner at hand..lol

GLWS this is an awesome rig chim! i am now going to order the LED reverse/dash lights after reading your build thread ;)

It's all good, I love the debate :)

The super bright LEDs are awesome.. Changes the whole feel of the interior you won't be disappointed!

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2013, 10:34:45 PM »
I thought about their reverse lights, but wasn't sure. 

I really like your radio install.  Looks stock in the dash.

2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

hosemobile

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »
Insane machine.  Really enjoyed the build thread.  I think $10.5 K is reasonable for what's been done.  Wish I had the $$.  By the by, was born and raised LDS but when the question of Jesus sacrificing his life for all mankind vs. the celestial kingdom, as described by Mormon doctrine, and only a chosen few would sit with God, it made no sense to me.  Why would Jesus sacrifice his life for all of mankind just to have the "chosen few" actually sit with God in heaven?  Life is filled with too much hypocrisy already.  I have opened my perspective and have been greatly rewarded for it.  Obviously, the new perspective does not include Mormonism.  The gift is really a lot more simple than most would figure.  Less is more, so to speak.  Anyway, not trying to piss anyone off but your message struck a cord and so I figured I'd put my 2 cents in.  Good luck with the sale.

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:00:18 AM »
Insane machine.  Really enjoyed the build thread.  I think $10.5 K is reasonable for what's been done.  Wish I had the $$.  By the by, was born and raised LDS but when the question of Jesus sacrificing his life for all mankind vs. the celestial kingdom, as described by Mormon doctrine, and only a chosen few would sit with God, it made no sense to me.  Why would Jesus sacrifice his life for all of mankind just to have the "chosen few" actually sit with God in heaven?  Life is filled with too much hypocrisy already.  I have opened my perspective and have been greatly rewarded for it.  Obviously, the new perspective does not include Mormonism.  The gift is really a lot more simple than most would figure.  Less is more, so to speak.  Anyway, not trying to piss anyone off but your message struck a cord and so I figured I'd put my 2 cents in.  Good luck with the sale.

Thank you, I agree.. the more we try to take away from the simplicity of Gods free gift of salvation to those that believe the more we start drifting into false doctrine and self reliance :(

Brendan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »

Don't worry, you will have the last laugh.  When the collapse happens, lots of those guys will come crawling to the Mormons, because the Mormons will be the ones with the food & goods.lol  Someone took notes after the Great Depression.

chim [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
Don't worry, you will have the last laugh.  When the collapse happens, lots of those guys will come crawling to the Mormons, because the Mormons will be the ones with the food & goods.lol  Someone took notes after the Great Depression.

hahaha, So having a food storage makes Mormon doctrine right? That's clever!

Food storage?.. pfff... I have guns and ammo ;)

H8PVMNT

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »
Doing well with the socio-economic collapse/ SHTF will be dependant on lifestyle, not hording IMO.  Not how much food do you have stored up, but rather do you have the ability to feed yourself and make do with what's around.  Probably most of the nation of techno dependant and retail dependant folks will be hosed or at least in rough shape.

You can make black powder from chicken poop!
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

hosemobile

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
Bought the house 1st and then bought the '87 4Runner.  Because of the house, I can't put the $$$ I would like to into the 4runner.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Have to agree w/H8PVMNT wrt ability.  Storage will last for only so long.  Survivability when the collapse happens will be the ability to adapt and improvise.  Guns & ammo are certainly part of MY game plan.